The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

'ISIS are perfect muslims' wow what a fool! What part of the Quran teaches us to be violent? Chapter and verse please, without taking it out of context. And if the muslims who 'reject these violent teachings are considered "apostates of Islam,"' which is 'punishable by death' why aren't he muslims who arent violent dead?? Also, tell me where in the Quran it says this...
'never put islam in a negative light' mate you're having a laugh.
Original post by BoomCha!
What a load of rubbish. ISIS are perfect Muslims who follow every aspect of the Qur'an and its violent teachings. Muslims who reject these violent teachings are considered "apostates of Islam," punishable by death. For 1400 years, Muslims have been locked in conflict with non Muslims, whom they want to eradicate.

And where do you get the idea that the media have influenced people like this? UK media outlets are mostly completely leftist who out of fear and cowardice, will never put Islam in a negative light.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swigtwig
'ISIS are perfect muslims' wow what a fool! What part of the Quran teaches us to be violent? Chapter and verse please, without taking it out of context. And if the muslims who 'reject these violent teachings are considered "apostates of Islam,"' which is 'punishable by death' why aren't he muslims who arent violent dead?? Also, tell me where in the Quran it says this...
'never put islam in a negative light' mate you're having a laugh.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah (disbelief) is worse than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah and worship is for Allah alone.

When I said "punishable by death" I meant that in Islam it is punishable by death i.e. if Allah (may the ejaculation of a thousand pigs baste his corpse.)knew you were rejecting teachings, he would kill you (obviously Allah is not real, so in reality no Muslims are killed for rejecting teachings.)

You clearly didn't read my last point properly, I said that the media never portray Islam negatively. No idea why you think that it must say this somewhere in the Qur'an.
Posted from TSR Mobile
What a load of rubbish. ISIS are perfect Muslims who follow every aspect of the Qur'an and its violent teachings. Muslims who reject these violent teachings are considered "apostates of Islam," punishable by death. For 1400 years, Muslims have been locked in conflict with non Muslims, whom they want to eradicate.

And where do you get the idea that the media have influenced people like this? UK media outlets are mostly completely leftist who out of fear and cowardice, will never put Islam in a negative light.
Posted from TSR Mobile

No their and how do you know this ? What about the decent muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
No their and how do you know this ? What about the decent muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile

These "decent" Muslims are peaceful in spite of Islam, not because of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
These "decent" Muslims are peaceful in spite of Islam, not because of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely some of the teachings and seeing others have influenced people to become peaceful. Some people have looked up to imams and read the teaching of islam and reverted and became decent because of Islam.
I knew that was what you were going to say - predictable. 'without taking it out of context'... line before reads 'Fight against those who fight against you in the way of Allah, but do not transgress, for Allah does not love transgressors' just fyi that means you should only fight if you are being attacked - something wrong with that? Also, 'if they desist, then Allah is forgiving, merciful' means that if they surrender then you can't touch them. It is also stated that if they desist, you must take them to a place of safety.

Okay, where in the Quran does it say that??Allah knows who is rejecting his teachings - you being one of them, and I hope he gives you wisdom, whether you want it or not, you clearly need it. About Allah not existing, you can keep that to yourself.

You clearly did not understand what I was saying, I never said it says anthing about the media in the Quran. I'm saying the media portrays islam negatively all the time, you clearly son't see this.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah (disbelief) is worse than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah and worship is for Allah alone.

When I said "punishable by death" I meant that in Islam it is punishable by death i.e. if Allah (may the ejaculation of a thousand pigs baste his corpse.)knew you were rejecting teachings, he would kill you (obviously Allah is not real, so in reality no Muslims are killed for rejecting teachings.)

You clearly didn't read my last point properly, I said that the media never portray Islam negatively. No idea why you think that it must say this somewhere in the Qur'an.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I knew that was what you were going to say - predictable. 'without taking it out of context'... line before reads 'Fight against those who fight against you in the way of Allah, but do not transgress, for Allah does not love transgressors' just fyi that means you should only fight if you are being attacked - something wrong with that? Also, 'if they desist, then Allah is forgiving, merciful' means that if they surrender then you can't touch them. It is also stated that if they desist, you must take them to a place of safety.

Okay, where in the Quran does it say that??Allah knows who is rejecting his teachings - you being one of them, and I hope he gives you wisdom, whether you want it or not, you clearly need it. About Allah not existing, you can keep that to yourself.

You clearly did not understand what I was saying, I never said it says anthing about the media in the Quran. I'm saying the media portrays islam negatively all the time, you clearly son't see this.

What media sites portray Muslims negatively? Most are run by leftie rats who refuse to accept the truth about Islam (BBC especially.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How about the fact that ISIS is publicised and this makes gullible people like you think that these are the teachings of islam?
The only leftie rats who refuse to accept the truth about Islam are people like you who want everyone to follow everything they say and beleive.

What media sites portray Muslims negatively? Most are run by leftie rats who refuse to accept the truth about Islam (BBC especially.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How about the fact that ISIS is publicised and this makes gullible people like you think that these are the teachings of islam?
The only leftie rats who refuse to accept the truth about Islam are people like you who want everyone to follow everything they say and beleive.

Are you suggesting that the media shouldn't publicise things that ISIS do?

All media sites publish ISIS atrocities, but they constantly bang on about how they have nothing to do with Islam. And I can't believe you are saying that I'm a leftie. I can't stand leftists and I am right wing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I have no issue with them publicising what ISIS do, my issue is people seem to think that this is what Islam is all about -it's not. I myself being a muslim, can tell you that this is not what we're about.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Are you suggesting that the media shouldn't publicise things that ISIS do?
Give me an article that says this.
k whutever you say bye.
All media sites publish ISIS atrocities, but they constantly bang on about how they have nothing to do with Islam. And I can't believe you are saying that I'm a leftie. I can't stand leftists and I am right wing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Namandi
LOL. There's already a thread about this.

Why is it disgusting that it was mistaken for a bomb?

USA doesn't mess around with security. That is common knowledge.

Once they suspect something could be a threat, they act accordingly.

Even if it is something as small as a pencil case or in this case, a handmade clock, they act accordingly.

Are they paranoid? Perhaps

Would they rather be paranoid than have parents mourning the lives of their children? Definitely

They didn't act accordingly. With a serious bomb threat you should evacuate the students, call bomb squad, etc.
Original post by minotaur
They didn't act accordingly. With a serious bomb threat you should evacuate the students, call bomb squad, etc.

They didn't think it was a real bomb. They thought he had brought in a hoax bomb, which is still a crime.
Well I have no issue with them publicising what ISIS do, my issue is people seem to think that this is what Islam is all about -it's not. I myself being a muslim, can tell you that this is not what we're about.

How about you go to them and tell them this is not what islam is about?
I find it quiet strange the non muslims talking in great length to precasting muslims about Islam like they know the full ins and outs
Original post by xxvine
I find it quiet strange the non muslims talking in great length to precasting muslims about Islam like they know the full ins and outs

It has been demonstrated time and time again that many non-Moslems here have a better knowledge of what Islamic scriptures say than most of the Moslems.
Original post by Good bloke
It has been demonstrated time and time again that many non-Moslems here have a better knowledge of what Islamic scriptures say than most of the Moslems.

Moslems....?

Not so sure about that....it seems they are only trying to throw out ways that prove Islam is an evil religion.
Original post by xxvine
Moslems....?

People who follow Islam - Mussulmen, Mahommedans, Mahometans, Muslims.
Original post by xxvine
it seems they are only trying to throw out ways that prove Islam is an evil religion.

Well, it is. But Moslems only seek to defend it as a great and peaceful region. So what!

Latest

Trending

Trending