The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by codle
You're right, thank you. I just wish it was easier! It does hurt less than it used to. I just need to give myself more time and not beat myself up for being sad about it occasionally.

unfortunately it is never easy but you will be ok if you give it time, if you ever need to talk i'm always here to help
Original post by chelseafreak
unfortunately it is never easy but you will be ok if you give it time, if you ever need to talk i'm always here to help

Thank you, I really appreciate it :smile:
Original post by codle
Feeling like I've taken a step back in the moving on process.
This is so frustrating.

Original post by codle
I'm not really sure to be honest. I just ended up dwelling on things from the past, which I know I shouldn't be doing! Its been 6 months since my breakup now and I feel like I should have moved on a bit more (and should have stopped posting about it online!) but somehow I always end up thinking about it.
Gah, my brain is so annoying :tongue:

Sorry to hear this :sad:
Bored and especially lonely after breaking up with my gf. Feel like speaking to new people I have never spoken to before. If interested give me a pm, am happy to chat to anyone whether they are feeling depressed or the happiest on earth. 17 male. Mostly use skype, mic not needed. Just want to chat. Am not a creep but am happy to talk about most things... feel free to rant about what is making you depressed, I just want to talk. #lonely
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sparster
Bored and especially lonely after breaking up with my gf. Feel like speaking to new people I have never spoken to before. If interested give me a pm, am happy to chat to anyone whether they are feeling depressed or the happiest on earth. 17 male. Mostly use skype, mic not needed. Just want to chat. Am not a creep but am happy to talk about most things... feel free to rant about what is making you depressed, I just want to talk. #lonely

I sent you pm message with Skype details

Posted from TSR Mobile
pretty overwhelmed by how much work i missed in two days off school, but otherwise good:smile:
pretty overwhelmed by how much work i missed in two days off school, but otherwise good:smile:
Original post by lustawny
Sorry to hear this :sad:

Thank you - don't worry, I'll be okay :smile:
Empty
Reply 6749
kinda lonely. my missing orientation week and all the fares cost me a lost of unmade friendships.

2deep4me
Reply 6752
04:22

Sat on the balcony, feet dangling off the edge, eating strawberry laces and smoking. This is a new habit, but the odd cigarette helps me unwind. I've decided against being swayed by the cancer thing - I'm probably going to get it anyway, and it isn't the worst way to die.

It's getting colder now, later in the year. I suspect this will be impossible by the end of October so I'm enjoying it while I can. The very few bedroom lights that remain on in the other halls, thin slits of golden light through implacably dark curtains, are flickering off one by one. Some of them must be like me, simply unable to sleep in unfamiliar surroundings - though I suspect more are coming to the end of their Fresher's Week in style.

I have a lot on my mind, but its mostly silly things. Drama, love, intrigue and other inconsequential things. Or, they would be inconsequential if I could think on them properly. I don't sleep enough to summon up the concentration anymore. I'm fortunate enough to have tomorrow off, my course beginning on Tuesday. So hopefully that will give me time to straighten out my life, and sleeping patterns.

In the meantime, I'm quite content on this balcony. This is a beautiful time of day.
Original post by jape
04:22

Sat on the balcony, feet dangling off the edge, eating strawberry laces and smoking. This is a new habit, but the odd cigarette helps me unwind. I've decided against being swayed by the cancer thing - I'm probably going to get it anyway, and it isn't the worst way to die.

It's getting colder now, later in the year. I suspect this will be impossible by the end of October so I'm enjoying it while I can. The very few bedroom lights that remain on in the other halls, thin slits of golden light through implacably dark curtains, are flickering off one by one. Some of them must be like me, simply unable to sleep in unfamiliar surroundings - though I suspect more are coming to the end of their Fresher's Week in style.

I have a lot on my mind, but its mostly silly things. Drama, love, intrigue and other inconsequential things. Or, they would be inconsequential if I could think on them properly. I don't sleep enough to summon up the concentration anymore. I'm fortunate enough to have tomorrow off, my course beginning on Tuesday. So hopefully that will give me time to straighten out my life, and sleeping patterns.

In the meantime, I'm quite content on this balcony. This is a beautiful time of day.

I don't know who you are, but you are my spirit animal. ...Or just me if I had a balcony and lived in London. Either way, I love you.
Good though a little nervous. I've been in Gretna Green for the last few days with my bf and we have had a great time but now we have the drive home in an hour and its a 2 hour journey and I hate long car rides in case I take a panic attack but the journey back home usually feels like it goes in quicker then the journey down did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling good today! :biggrin: A few friends and I went on a 12 mile walk around the South West Coast Path yesterday; there were plenty of laughs and the views were breathtaking. I might have spent last night wrapped in heat pads and hot water bottles, didn't have the best sleep in the world, and I may be walking like a plank due to aching so much, but after a lovely hot shower and all that jazz, I'm feeling great! :biggrin: Love living with my friends, uni starts again in 45 minutes, and just generally loving life with a lot to look forward to. Only slight annoyance is that physio is taking so long, but with my friends doing the yoga, swimming and walking with me, I'm still feeling really positive that I can strengthen those silly joints up again.
sleep deprived and guilty
Happy :heart:
Original post by queen-bee
Haven't managed to sleep two nights in a row and just spend most of the day's crying. I feel so miserable and alone

I was told it was down to the full moons we've been having that is linked to insomnia..and sleeplessness. Probably no doubt worsened by our lunar eclipse supermoon thing last night might not of helped. Don't worry you're not alone there.

All okay? :redface:

Latest