The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Sting will be appearing on RAW tonight, apparently. Unsure WWE had any other choice with this weekend's match booked.

Rollins will drop the US title, of course, but seeing him defend both titles successfully would be unforgettable. It would bring us a reminder of Jericho's feat back in 2001.

i still cant believe what chris Jericho did in his match with dean ambrose and roman reigns against the wyatt family
Reply 3541
Sting on whether he'd return to the WWE ring after that injury at Night of Champions: "In the right scenario."
^Apparently his injury was nasty and he was struggling big time, not a surprise given his age. IDK if in his position, I would return. Booking have killed him off losing to HHH at Mania and now Rolllins. Even the "dream match" with Taker doesn't appeal.
Reply 3543
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is considering the following men to face Brock Lesnar at WM32:

Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Steve Austin
The Rock
News breaking that Kane has been released and he's retiring with immediate effect.

:shifty:
Original post by ozzyoscy
News breaking that Kane has been released and he's retiring with immediate effect.

If only this was actually true! haha
Someone has to beat Lesnar clean at WM. Who would it realistically be? Can't be Bryan, won't be Reigns. I'd really push for Rollins to be the guy.

Really surprised WWe has actually been able to manufacture another top star after all this drivel. All Rollins needs now is a face turn and he'll be soo over
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by IanDangerously
If only this was actually true! haha

Oh yeah it's completely true, just broke. Go Google it and you can say you found some in the last few minutes.

Isn't Mania 32 in Texas? If so, match with Austin would make sense following on from their forthcoming podcast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3549
Original post by AR_95
Someone has to beat Lesnar clean at WM. Who would it realistically be? Can't be Bryan, won't be Reigns. I'd really push for Rollins to be the guy.

Really surprised WWe has actually been able to manufacture another top star after all this drivel. All Rollins needs now is a face turn and he'll be soo over

Can't be Rollins with the way that he's been booked recently. He needs a face run and a programme with Triple H.

I'd back Reigns to be a legitimate winner over Lesnar, providing the set-up is done correctly.

That said, I can see WM32 with Lesnar in a match against the Rock, or Austin.

Original post by Aky786UK
Isn't Mania 32 in Texas? If so, match with Austin would make sense following on from their forthcoming podcast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed.
Austin is the GOAT. His time to wrestle has gone. Austin will host WM32.
Not saying I want him to be the one to beat Brock clean.

But, Sheamus vs Lesnar would be fantastic and Sheamus legitimately looks like he could compete with Brock.
Reply 3552
I'd prefer Reigns to Sheamus. I can see a scenario where Reigns wins the Rumble again in January, to be honest.
First time in IDK how long but caught the opening segment of Kane/Rollins and damn, the dubbing is awful!

I mean I know they did it before but it was abit nuanced but this in the opening segment was absolutely full on..

Kane's split-personality roles was enjoyable btw..
Reply 3554
The dual personality thing with Kane is actually worth exploring. Sensible. I still don't want him anywhere near the main event, though. That's the issue.
Original post by Mackay
Weird episode of RAW really.

It made no sense for Owens to carry on interfering with Ryback's matches. The latter was booked really strongly, and he ran over Dallas with ease. But, surely Owens should look to move on to new challengers and things? Fair enough, their work isn't done together and I'm glad we're getting an extended programme because the pair of them are so good in terms of chemistry.

Neville and the Lucha Dragons are such a fun team, and that six-man tag team match was a rare case of WWE getting it bang on the money with multiman matches. That doesn't happen very often.

It was good to see Orton back, too, and that opening brawl was such a refreshing change from seeing the normal and mundane Authority openings with Rollins bragging and Triple H and Stephanie discussing things we've heard dozens of times before.

The highlight, of course, was Paige finally erupting. What a promo. It was basically her own version of the pipe-bomb, and she absolutely nailed it with those harsh and cutting words to Charlotte, the Bellas, Natalya, Lana and Summer Rae.

Sheamus and Mark Henry was an ugly match, with the botched brogue kick leading to a second. That said, having Sheamus so prominent on TV is a good thing considering he's holding the briefcase but he should be doing more than beating glorified jobbers like Henry etc.

The New Day was fantastic, as per usual, and Woods is easily the breakout star of the year in the entire company. Pitting them alongside Rusev was clever, too, because it added a new dimension to the really tired and boring Ziggler/Rusev programme. The sooner that ends, the better. Ziggler plays a tremendous babyface during a match, despite over-selling, but I think he has a future as a heel if he aligns with Summer and allows Rusev to have a face run with Lana. That would be a real curveball but one which could massively pay off.

Big Show beating Cesaro? Farcical.

Paige can't act for toffee with that so called pipebomb
Reply 3556
Rumours are Undertaker will align with Kane at Hell in A Cell.
Original post by Mackay
Rumours are Undertaker will align with Kane at Hell in A Cell.

That'll be so cool.

Returning at the same event 18 years after demolishing Undertaker but instead siding by him.

Maybe he will rip the door of his hinges as well, look taker in the eyes and turn towards Brock.
Reply 3558
Really good NXT panel teaser on the WWE's YouTube. Finn, Kevin Owens, and Corey Graves all discussing why they signed up the developmental territory from the indies.
Reply 3559
Man, that main event on RAW last night was great. When all else fails, the company knows they can just get two over superstars in the ring who are good workhorses and get them to tear lumps out of each other.

Reigns and Wyatt put in stellar performances last night, and it was great to see Strowman and Harper look dominant forces against the Prime Time Players.

I'm undecided over Reigns. Sometimes, I want him to get a solo push and to main event. At other times, I want him and Ambrose to go after the tag team titles given the fact Creative so obviously doesn't want to push them toward the WWE World Heavyweight Championship picture currently.

The New Day were awesome, as usual. Xavier Woods' trombone playing is a thing of beauty, and I think Bo Dallas is way more entertaining than people give credit to him for. He's slowly gained weight, though. He looks more like Bray every week.

Speaking of weight, Owens has clearly lost a few pounds. His programme with Ryback is still really enjoyable, but the Ziggler/Rusev feud needs taking out to the car park and buried.

Kane's dual personality is entertaining but he shouldn't be main eventing. Big Show shouldn't be facing Lesnar, either. He isn't credible. Are we supposed to forget that the Beast battered him at the Royal Rumble last year? That really ruined Heyman's promo, because it wasn't believable and I struggled to buy-in.

Good to see King Barrett back, too, by the way.

Quick Reply

Latest