The Student Room Group

I need advice!!

I'm planning on going to Scotland this September to study Psychology, but I'm having trouble choosing a university. I was supposed to go last year but I took a year off to volunteer and apply again. Last year I was accepted to Napier but I haven't heard the best things about it. This year my main choices are Stirling and Strathclyde. I know Stirling has a beautiful campus and I've heard the people there are very friendly, but people have told me that Strathclyde has a better Psychology course. I know Strathclyde is in Glasgow so that's a plus but I also don't mind that Stirling is near a village. I'm really torn and I have no idea what to do.

Any advice?
If Strathclyde has the better Psychology program I think that's where you'd want to go. Of course you'd want to acquire the best of you are to study abroad right? it takes an amount of money you wouldn't want to waste right :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by HumpyDumpy
If Strathclyde has the better Psychology program I think that's where you'd want to go. Of course you'd want to acquire the best of you are to study abroad right? it takes an amount of money you wouldn't want to waste right :biggrin:

Yeah I agree, that's why right now I'm leaning a bit towards Strathclyde. The good thing is that it's not really that much more expensive to study abroad. It's almost the same amount excluding the plane tickets.
Original post by Deni17
Yeah I agree, that's why right now I'm leaning a bit towards Strathclyde. The good thing is that it's not really that much more expensive to study abroad. It's almost the same amount excluding the plane tickets.

Yeah. almost the same but we'd also have to include the efforts made you know? :smile: I'm off to another country to study as well so I quite understand the situation you're in.
Don't neglect the need to enjoy your uni experience. I know nothing about either university, so can't offer an opinion here.

While a more highly rated course is preferential, if you hate the location, the travelling, the people, the course structure etc. then you'll be unhappier and perform more poorly.

A 1st from a less respected course is worth infinitely more than a 2:1 from a more respected one.
Reply 5
Original post by _Sinnie_
Don't neglect the need to enjoy your uni experience. I know nothing about either university, so can't offer an opinion here.

While a more highly rated course is preferential, if you hate the location, the travelling, the people, the course structure etc. then you'll be unhappier and perform more poorly.

A 1st from a less respected course is worth infinitely more than a 2:1 from a more respected one.

Yeah, I absolutely agree, but the thing is I'm not even sure if I like one better than the other. They both have different good qualities so I can't really compare them.
Apply to both, if you don't get into one, then the decision is made for you.

If you get offers for both and still can't decide between the universitires themselves, then go for the best course.

Other things you might consider: Campus v non-campus, availability of night life, distance and travel links to home, availability of jobs, sports teams and societies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending