The Student Room Group

chemistry overall grade

hi, i got a D in as chemistry, now into my a2 year. i was wondering if it is still possible for me to get a B overall.
i got an E in f322
C f321
A in my practical
i wasn't going to retake both f321 and f322 as id thought it would be too much to cover.
if i were to perform a lot better with the a2 exams by working a lot harder, and re sit my f321 module only, would it be probable for me to achieve a solid b grade, even an A if I'm lucky?

anyone with experience on this matter where u re took ur prev AS module and performed a lot better in a2 , achieving a much better grade.. preferable in chemistry. your view would really help.
appreciate it thanks :smile:
Original post by henry hill
hi, i got a D in as chemistry, now into my a2 year. i was wondering if it is still possible for me to get a B overall.
i got an E in f322
C f321
A in my practical
i wasn't going to retake both f321 and f322 as id thought it would be too much to cover.
if i were to perform a lot better with the a2 exams by working a lot harder, and re sit my f321 module only, would it be probable for me to achieve a solid b grade, even an A if I'm lucky?

anyone with experience on this matter where u re took ur prev AS module and performed a lot better in a2 , achieving a much better grade.. preferable in chemistry. your view would really help.
appreciate it thanks :smile:

If you didn't retake F321, you might need 88% for a B.

It's possible if you retook F321, but I make it you might need 83% for a B or 98% for an A.

You're better off retaking F322, maybe even not retaking F321. F324 is very similar to F322, just much harder, so you'll get plenty of practice with the hardest parts of F322 over the course of the year. Also F322 is much higher weighted than F321, which coupled with your low grade means getting F322 up to a B will be worth 4 times as much UMS as getting F321 up to an B.

I got 105 the first time I took F322 and 127 the second time(Just doing a couple of papers in the weeks before.).
(edited 8 years ago)
Probably. If you can retake the practicals you should though. I didn't retake the 1st year practicals and in the end I got much lower grades in my practicals(68% average) than exams(83% average) and was 1 UMS off an A overall. If you can make those marks up it could make the difference.
I'd like to ask a similar question ..
I got A in the practical
D in unit 1
C in unit 2 - I'm retaking unit 2 because more marks available to pick up..
Would it be possible to get a B or even possibly an A if u get an A in my unit 2 retake?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by morgan8002
If you didn't retake F321, you might need 88% for a B.

It's possible if you retook F321, but I make it you might need 83% for a B or 98% for an A.

You're better off retaking F322, maybe even not retaking F321. F324 is very similar to F322, just much harder, so you'll get plenty of practice with the hardest parts of F322 over the course of the year. Also F322 is much higher weighted than F321, which coupled with your low grade means getting F322 up to a B will be worth 4 times as much UMS as getting F321 up to an B.

I got 105 the first time I took F322 and 127 the second time(Just doing a couple of papers in the weeks before.).

thank you! i think ill resit f322 in that case.

Quick Reply

Latest