The Student Room Group

Studying Medicine abroad (2016 entry)

Is anyone applying to study medicine abroad?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ula456
Is anyone applying to study medicine abroad?

Hey, I am considering to apply for Medicine for February 2016 but I am going to apply for September 2016 intake to be on the safe side, you?
Reply 2
Original post by redmusk12345
Hey, I am considering to apply for Medicine for February 2016 but I am going to apply for September 2016 intake to be on the safe side, you?

Where are you planning to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abz1901
Where are you planning to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was planning to apply for Pleven for Feb. Deadline is coming up so I need to decide quick. Otherwise I was going to have a look for September entry to study Medicine in Bulgaria
Reply 4

Im not sure whether to apply abroard.I may take a gap year and try to apply in the UK.
Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I got rejected from Medicine in August and I applied again to apply for September 2016. I was planning to retake some of the exams to make up for lost grades. I really don't want to get my hopes up again and not get in. I know Pleven do Feb intake from researching. Does anyone know if it is too late to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi, I have been planning to study abroad and after asking alot i have been adviced to study in romania, and now i advice you guys to go there too since it is cheaper than many other countries, and they follow the european system so you directly work in any place in europe after graduation.
Original post by Alex Bora
hi, I have been planning to study abroad and after asking alot i have been adviced to study in romania, and now i advice you guys to go there too since it is cheaper than many other countries, and they follow the european system so you directly work in any place in europe after graduation.

Which university in Romania have yu applied for and when do they start? BecauseI dont want to waste a year. I spoke with Tutelage and they still have applications open for Pleven for Feb 2016. They also said its gmc approved to so I can work straight away in UK also! :smile:
I was planning to apply for Pleven for Feb. Deadline is coming up so I need to decide quick. Otherwise I was going to have a look for September entry to study Medicine in Bulgaria

Hi, did you end up applying for Pleven?
Original post by shanaz2803
Which university in Romania have yu applied for and when do they start? BecauseI dont want to waste a year. I spoke with Tutelage and they still have applications open for Pleven for Feb 2016. They also said its gmc approved to so I can work straight away in UK also! :smile:

actually i contacted medlink students today and they were very nice and friendly they will check if there are places at craiova university and get back to me. they seem helpful and i can rely on. i hope they find a place for me i heard craiova is one of the best universities. thx for yuor help :smile:
Original post by Alex Bora
actually i contacted medlink students today and they were very nice and friendly they will check if there are places at craiova university and get back to me. they seem helpful and i can rely on. i hope they find a place for me i heard craiova is one of the best universities. thx for yuor help :smile:

I have already got in touch with Tutelage to help me with the application process so I can get into Pleven for February. Its cool!
Reply 11
Original post by kamranhyder
hey guys, im interested as well. Interested in Italy, bulgaria and romania atm.

Hey, where are you mainly being drawn towards? They're all pretty much different from each other
Reply 12
i spoke to someone who experienced bulgaria. He said there are around 200+ english students so that seems appealing. Hoping to apply for next september entry. I checked the GMC website and studying there should allow us to be licensed and fully registered to practise within the UK. Where are you thinking of studying?

Yeah I've heard roughly the same figures.. over 300 UK students apparently so that's a good thing! Yesss that's true so it does make things a bit easier. I've applied to study in Bulgaria too but for February not September. I applied to start at Pleven hopefully :smile:
Reply 13
best wishes bro, if you ever do end up applying september ill be joining ya!
hopefully you'll succeed and god bless

You too bro! My hearts set on applying for Feb, I can't deal with another year off! But tell us where you end up applying
I'm thinking of going to Pleven. I got my conditional letter a couple of months ago. I was wondering if it was good. Is Pleven pleasant to stay in? I heard that there are many Indians there?
Reply 15
Original post by amicus_curet
I'm thinking of going to Pleven. I got my conditional letter a couple of months ago. I was wondering if it was good. Is Pleven pleasant to stay in? I heard that there are many Indians there?

Are you going in February?
Hey, have you guys completed a levels? I just want to know, if you're doing a levels, you get results in August right so what do you send to the uni?
Yeah. I'm going in February.
Hi
I've been meaning to apply abroad, but I'm not sure about their entry requirements. From research, every university abroad says that they need a certificate to state that you've been in education for 12 years. However, there much be some requirements. So, what are the GCSE'S and A-level requirements? Also, is most of the emphasis placed on the entrance exam?
Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by basit282828
Hi
I've been meaning to apply abroad, but I'm not sure about their entry requirements. From research, every university abroad says that they need a certificate to state that you've been in education for 12 years. However, there much be some requirements. So, what are the GCSE'S and A-level requirements? Also, is most of the emphasis placed on the entrance exam?
Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends which uni you are considering? Most require above B's and some unis mainly give a place based on results of the entrance exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending