The Student Room Group

Barclays Video Interview

Hi everyone,

Applying for Barclays Markets and Research division, Quant Analytics role.

After sending them my CV, I received a message from them asking me to sit through a video interview. I have previous experience via skype, with one or more real persons on the other end. However, in this case, they just asked me to click on the link when I am ready and be prepared with a PC equipped with a front facing webcam, microphone etc. I don't think there is going to be a real-time conversation with a person on the other end. Also, they gave absolutely no clue about the content or type of the interview/assessment, whether numerical, situational judgement, or multimedia puzzle, or questions thrown by some bot, there are many possibilities with no clue what to expect.

Has anyone sat through this for Barclays and a hint about what the assessment or interview is about?
Thanks in advance.

P. S. I have also screwed up by mistakenly clicking on the link without being ready. I closed the window immediately without seeing anything, but now it seems the link is dead. Don't know whether they can give me another chance and give me another link. Bad day.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D.dar
Not sure about the contents of the interview, however a similar thing happened to me in the past with the link. I would email HR and they should send you a fresh link.

What's the online application for barclays like?

Well, I uploaded the CV, a motivation essay (about 300 words, from what I remember), gave the academic details with grades etc. So after about a couple of weeks I received the video link.

I don't know whether my CV really went through any sorting process during the period, or the first round of elimination will take place only after the assessment.

So did you sit through this with Barclays or any other investment bank? Any word on your experience?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Can anyone shed some light on the Video Interview? What do they ask?
Reply 3
Has anyone completed the video interview and if so, can they share some of the questions they were asked?

Thanks!
Reply 4
I'm also keen to find out what people thought about the Barclays Video interview, I am yet to complete it.
Reply 5
Hi, I am about to start the application for a graduate role at Barclays. Do you know what does the video interview consist in?

thank you!
Reply 6
how did the video interview go? i have one tommorow?
Any info on the format and content of the interview?
Yeah, some videos playing and mostly some situational judgement tests.
Reply 9
Original post by The Spartan Guy

I don't know whether my CV really went through any sorting process during the period, or the first round of elimination will take place only after the assessment.

Copy/pasted from Barclays' website:

Application Screening
The information you provided on your application form will be reviewed by a member of our team and if you meet the criteria we are looking for you will be invited to the next stage of the process.
Video interview
Once your application has been reviewed and you have met the necessary criteria, you will be invited to participate in the video interview stage of the selection process. If you pass the benchmark you will be progressed to the next stage of the process.

So anyone who receives the link for the video interview passed the first screening (unlike DB for the numerical test where I am pretty sure that a computer screens our application).

I think we would all appreciate if a generous soul among those who passed the interview would give his or her feedback!
Yeah, some videos playing and mostly some situational judgement tests.

Does the video playing including some competency questions?
Reply 11
for thoe of yet to take the video interview. it is a strength intervview with some situational questions. eg tell me about a time you saw a process was not working. what did you do?
will your friend call you a team player?
Original post by mco10
for thoe of yet to take the video interview. it is a strength intervview with some situational questions. eg tell me about a time you saw a process was not working. what did you do?
will your friend call you a team player?

So there is no competency questions at all?
Reply 13
Hi, can I ask how long after you sent in the application did the interview invitation come? And is this for Analyst or Associate role? Thanks!
For the associate role. The interview link came within about four to five days if I remember correctly. But I am yet to hear back even after I finished the video interview almost a couple of weeks back. I wonder whether it means they just dumped me.

By the way, do they take applications from candidates all over the globe and compares each other in a global pool of candidates? Or is it country specific?
Barclays is a ****hole.
Reply 16
Does anybody know the questions?
Reply 17
For the associate role. The interview link came within about four to five days if I remember correctly. But I am yet to hear back even after I finished the video interview almost a couple of weeks back. I wonder whether it means they just dumped me.

By the way, do they take applications from candidates all over the globe and compares each other in a global pool of candidates? Or is it country specific?

Can you please tell us some questions you were asked? how many questions? and how much time to you have to answer each one?
Reply 18
Anyone got any more info on specific questions?
Reply 19
Hey guys,
any news about the Video Interview? Please share some!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending