The Student Room Group

Medicine in bulgaria help!!!

first question is which agency is better tutelage or inter hecs?
anyone gone through any other agencies or the ones above, your experience?

like to study medicine there so, is sofia medical university better or is it plovdiv medical university better(or any other)? any current students and experience please?

also, how about the quality of teaching there?

please reply if you have first hand experience in this extremely dramatic issue of mine.

thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by amin418
first question is which agency is better tutelage or inter hecs?
anyone gone through any other agencies or the ones above, your experience?

like to study medicine there so, is sofia medical university better or is it plovdiv medical university better(or any other)? any current students and experience please?

also, how about the quality of teaching there?

please reply if you have first hand experience in this extremely dramatic issue of mine.

thank you

Hey I'm not sure about interhecs I didn't really look into them as much but from my own experience I was really happy with the service Tutelage offered me. Definitely went beyond what I expected! I initially applied for Sofia but didn't get accepted. Applied for Pleven now as back up. Don't want to take a gap year and they do Feb entry. If you go through other threads a lot of current students give their opinions on the unis you are asking about. There's also facebook groups too which you could join?

What year are you applying for btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
for september/october 2016 and also if you went through tutelage please explain what this means, i got a faint idea but would be great if someone could explain it in detail and what i am meant to do with this (the following quote from application form for tutelage) "Every document has to be notary attested first and then all documents can be apostilled in a bundle by a legal body. Please let your solicitor know, if you live in London we can suggest a partner solicitor that our students usually use. The documents also need translation to Bulgarian."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by amin418
for september/october 2016 and also if you went through tutelage please explain what this means, i got a faint idea but would be great if someone could explain it in detail and what i am meant to do with this (the following quote from application form for tutelage) "Every document has to be notary attested first and then all documents can be apostilled in a bundle by a legal body. Please let your solicitor know, if you live in London we can suggest a partner solicitor that our students usually use. The documents also need translation to Bulgarian."

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the process of the application you've just quoted. I got Tutelage to deal with that side of the application for me. I think the best thing to do would be to contact them, they'll be able to guide you with the process or help you with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Abz1901

That's the process of the application you've just quoted. I got Tutelage to deal with that side of the application for me. I think the best thing to do would be to contact them, they'll be able to guide you with the process or help you with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

i presume you live in london, so you were able to notarise your documents through tutelage partner solicitor, however i live in birmingham- thanks for replying gonna call them.
Reply 5
Original post by amin418

Posted from TSR Mobile

i presume you live in london, so you were able to notarise your documents through tutelage partner solicitor, however i live in birmingham- thanks for replying gonna call them.

Yeah I'm based in London. I left that process to them to deal with. Tutelage deal with all applications the same so the fact that you live in Birmingham won't be a problem :smile: and it's cool, message if you need anymore advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people are way too desperate to do medicine.
Reply 7
Original post by whydoidothis?
Some people are way too desperate to do medicine.

there is a difference between desperation and determination, and i am determined to do medicine- not desperate.
Reply 8
Original post by amin418
there is a difference between desperation and determination, and i am determined to do medicine- not desperate.

I agree with that too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Heya, I'm a Bulgarian and I have a few friends who study medicine :smile: Overall, the general opinion is that Sofia University, as well as Medical University of Sofia are among the best medical schools in the country, plus you get to experience a very vibrant and full of things to do city. However, Plovdiv and Varna have a very high standard too. I cannot say anything about Pleven, as I don't have any insight on their programme - but a word of warning for anyone who thinks that studying medicine in Bulgaria is easy - that's actually one of the hardest subjects to get in for us and a lot of students actually go to study abroad because the admission process is easier. Also, don't forget that you NEED to learn Bulgarian - it would be quite naive to believe that all of your patients will speak English, just because that's the only language you know.
Reply 10
Original post by cyftii
Heya, I'm a Bulgarian and I have a few friends who study medicine :smile: Overall, the general opinion is that Sofia University, as well as Medical University of Sofia are among the best medical schools in the country, plus you get to experience a very vibrant and full of things to do city. However, Plovdiv and Varna have a very high standard too. I cannot say anything about Pleven, as I don't have any insight on their programme - but a word of warning for anyone who thinks that studying medicine in Bulgaria is easy - that's actually one of the hardest subjects to get in for us and a lot of students actually go to study abroad because the admission process is easier. Also, don't forget that you NEED to learn Bulgarian - it would be quite naive to believe that all of your patients will speak English, just because that's the only language you know.

one thing i learned from early on is that no matter where you go medicine is not easy. But to be honest i think i will enjoy learning bulgarian. :smile:

thanks for the insight
Reply 11
Original post by amin418
one thing i learned from early on is that no matter where you go medicine is not easy. But to be honest i think i will enjoy learning bulgarian. :smile:

thanks for the insight

No worries! :smile: If you need any other help in terms of insight into the culture/people/places to visit or anything like that, give me a shout :smile:
Reply 12
Hi guys, what's the day of a medical student like in Bulgaria? :smile:
Does anyone here actually study medicine at Bulgaria I mean it seems a lot of effort to go to to become a doctor to travel to a foreign country etc.
Hey, for those who applied through interhecs, did you understand the three way contract - can you explain it to me
Thank you
Reply 15
Original post by Belinda_23
Hey, for those who applied through interhecs, did you understand the three way contract - can you explain it to me
Thank you

What's the 3 way contract? I don't remember hearing about that when I looked into them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I got rejected from Medicine in August and I applied again to apply for September 2016. I was planning to retake some of the exams to make up for lost grades. I really don't want to get my hopes up again and not get in. I know Pleven do Feb intake from researching. Does anyone know if it is too late to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
BUMP. Any updates from you guys? Did you get in Feb entry? Hows things going?
Reply 18
Original post by shanaz2803
Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I got rejected from Medicine in August and I applied again to apply for September 2016. I was planning to retake some of the exams to make up for lost grades. I really don't want to get my hopes up again and not get in. I know Pleven do Feb intake from researching. Does anyone know if it is too late to apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you posted in another thread too?
Original post by Abz1901

Yeah I'm based in London. I left that process to them to deal with. Tutelage deal with all applications the same so the fact that you live in Birmingham won't be a problem :smile: and it's cool, message if you need anymore advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know anything about getting a student loan?

Latest