The Student Room Group

AQA Economics in one year?

Anyone who has done economics
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey are you still self studying economics A level in one year.
Original post by Cherry82

im wanting to study economics A level in one which i will have to self teach is it hard? how much revision would i have to do daily/?
Original post by fasial96.
im wanting to study economics A level in one which i will have to self teach is it hard? how much revision would i have to do daily/?

Hey. I am haven't actually done it yet, I'm in the same position as you :smile:
But I'm doing this with three A levels. Judging from the self study economics threads I was talking on a few minutes ago, those self teaching the subject are finding it ok. I'm super scared though, I'm praying I don't get stressed half way through and give up. But I'm planning to spend a lot of hours on each subject, no social life for me what so ever- TSR would be the only place I'd visit that is 'social' but to ask questions about the course and see how everyone else is doing as many seem to be self teaching this year :smile:
im scared to lol im currently studying btec level 3 business and getting my gcse math and english to an A/B im wanting to study economics, maths and psychology. ive never really been an academic person due personal problems. im 19 now want to be in uni by 22/23 do you think its possible to do all this in 3 years?
im scared to lol im currently studying btec level 3 business and getting my gcse math and english to an A/B im wanting to study economics, maths and psychology. ive never really been an academic person due personal problems. im 19 now want to be in uni by 22/23 do you think its possible to do all this in 3 years?

Oh ok, cool. I wish you the best with everything :smile:
As in doing Btec level 3 business, gcse maths & English, A level maths, economics and Psychology all in three years. Or are you currently doing btec level 3 business with your gcse's but would like to switch to A level economics, maths and psychology?
Ok, so, I didn't do this in one year, but here are some things to think about if you're going to do this - the difference between the A2 and AS modules is substantial in terms of what the examiner wants. Firstly, you build on the AS modules significantly, so make sure you teach yourself these first. Secondly, the essays for the A2 modules require much greater evaluation and depth than the AS essays do.

If you're going to do this, then I would suggest learning the AS course and practising essays by Christmas, or end of January at the latest, and then giving yourself more time to develop your understanding for A2, and developing your essay evaluation ready for the exams in June!
Oh ok, cool. I wish you the best with everything :smile:
As in doing Btec level 3 business, gcse maths & English, A level maths, economics and Psychology all in three years. Or are you currently doing btec level 3 business with your gcse's but would like to switch to A level economics, maths and psychology?

yeah im doing Btec level 3 business, gcse maths & English right know and i want to move into a levels, as most unis want a levels
yeah im doing Btec level 3 business, gcse maths & English right know and i want to move into a levels, as most unis want a levels

Oh I understand now, yea it's definitely possible. It's just do you have interests in those A levels? It's hard work tbh. But doable.
Oh I understand now, yea it's definitely possible. It's just do you have interests in those A levels? It's hard work tbh. But doable.

i want to learn psychology and economics, but im not that good at maths is there an alternative?
i want to learn psychology and economics, but im not that good at maths is there an alternative?

What would you like to study at university? :h:
Once that's stated, then you could look at the A levels you may or may not need. There's virtually hardly any maths in Psychology and Economics (so I've heard from friends currently taking it, some had C grades at GCSE). Then with Maths A level, this is where things could become difficult. But even with my low grade at GCSE I still want to take it at A level. Is this wise? No but the course I would like to study requires maths.
What would you like to study at university? :h:
Once that's stated, then you could look at the A levels you may or may not need. There's virtually hardly any maths in Psychology and Economics (so I've heard from friends currently taking it, some had C grades at GCSE). Then with Maths A level, this is where things could become difficult. But even with my low grade at GCSE I still want to take it at A level. Is this wise? No but the course I would like to study requires maths.

I want to study Business management or Economics. A level maths is a lot lot harder than GCSE maths, but if you like the subject go for it. You will have to practice a lot tho.

Nope, not anymore, decided to carry on with Physics. Although I would have done Economics if I was predicted an A but I wasn't because I hadn't done the AS for them to judge me for it. Good luck with it, it's not difficult to do in a year, you'll just need good motivation and time management.

Mobbsyy91 has given a good structure to follow which I was going to do if I did do economics. You'll also see another thread that I've made where a lot of self studiers have got together to talk about it. :smile:
do edexcel not aqa

If you want to self study AQA economics - go follow @economics_notes on twitter. it brings you the latest updates, news and notes onto one single page.
Original post by economics_notes
If you want to self study AQA economics - go follow @economics_notes on twitter. it brings you the latest updates, news and notes onto one single page.

Oh nice, thanks x
Hey everyone,

Im selling my AQA Economics notes on a legitamite site called Stuvia for £12.50 each, these sets of notes have been made based on the specification and had helped me achieve an A* with marks of 98/100 ums in unit 3 and 100/100 ums in unit 4. Hope these notes can save you a lot of time and allow you to receive the marks I had achieved. Good luck!

AQA Economics Unit 3 ECON3 full notes (38 pages) http://www.stuvia.com/doc/474072

AQA Economics Unit 4 ECON4 full notes (33 pages) http://www.stuvia.com/doc/474073

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending