The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Yeah, thank you. :redface: xx What about yourself? I hope you're well.

That's good :redface: Just checking :smile: xx Yes, I'm good, thank you :smile:
:ahee:

Heyyyy khastay janayyyy

This is Afghan stylee

:danceboy:
Original post by Mary562
:ahee:

Heyyyy khastay janayyyy

This is Afghan stylee

:danceboy:

:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

I'm an Afghan and i like to eat shorwa. I go to my fridge and all i see is korma. I like to eat korma, but i want to have shorwa, so much barinj, korma, where is my shorwa?!! THIS IS AFGHAN STYLE!

:dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Incredible97
:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol:

I'm an Afghan and i like to eat shorwa. I go to my fridge and all i see is korma. I like to eat korma, but i want to have shorwa, so much barinj, korma, where is my shorwa?!! THIS IS AFGHAN STYLE!

:dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy:

:rofl:

This is Afghan style! We like to eat with our hands. This is Afghan style, wearing paraan and tumban. This is Afghan style, doing my attan where ever we want. THIS IS AFGHAN STLYE!

:danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance::danceboy::dance:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chelseafreak
no idea what that means

It'll ease the itchiness..anti allergy n reduces itchy sensation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6785
Why is life so demanding xD lmao. Everytime I come here claiming to stay and never get round to it, nothing but neglect from me this year so far apologise for so, will be back once things are settled.
Original post by Cakeyygirl
I honestly wish I'd stop existing....

What's wrong 💜 You'll feel better after speaking with people about whatever it is! :smile:
I'm starting to gradually get back to my usual self :smile:
Reply 6788
i feel like i ****ed up my future and have disappointed everyone that helped me come this far... also ****ting my self for A levels and demotivated af.
Original post by z33
i feel like i ****ed up my future and have disappointed everyone that helped me come this far... also ****ting my self for A levels and demotivated af.

What usually gets you motivated to study? Gotta be something that will help you get back on track. :smile:
Reply 6790
Original post by ZetaMu
What usually gets you motivated to study? Gotta be something that will help you get back on track. :smile:

idk, that i can get As at the end and prove everyone wrong and be like
HA IN YOUR FACE BICTCH :giggle:

but it usually doesnt last very long :redface:
Original post by z33
idk, that i can get As at the end and prove everyone wrong and be like
HA IN YOUR FACE BICTCH :giggle:

but it usually doesnt last very long :redface:

It doesn't last long because it's pinned to your anger, and you're not going to be constantly angry at people who underestimate you. Maybe you have other sources of motivation? Maybe a uni you dream of attending, or a super car you'll only be able to afford if you get the grades to land your dream job. Is any of that working for you? 😂
Reply 6792
Original post by ZetaMu
It doesn't last long because it's pinned to your anger, and you're not going to be constantly angry at people who underestimate you. Maybe you have other sources of motivation? Maybe a uni you dream of attending, or a super car you'll only be able to afford if you get the grades to land your dream job. Is any of that working for you? 😂

hmmm... idk none of that works for me because i don't wanna do it for the money, and i don't have a specific uni i'd like to do my course at... i mean brighton looks real nice :biggrin: but idk... none of that has worked for me

the only time i was super motivated was back in gcses when the teachers told us we were gonna fail and that they couldn't teach us because the science exam boards changed like 6 months before the exams

it scared the **** out of me and made me work my ass off :gigg:
but i worked hard at AS and it wasn't enough... don't know if i'm prepared to work harder this year

what works for you?
Original post by z33
hmmm... idk none of that works for me because i don't wanna do it for the money, and i don't have a specific uni i'd like to do my course at... i mean brighton looks real nice :biggrin: but idk... none of that has worked for me

the only time i was super motivated was back in gcses when the teachers told us we were gonna fail and that they couldn't teach us because the science exam boards changed like 6 months before the exams

it scared the **** out of me and made me work my ass off :gigg:
but i worked hard at AS and it wasn't enough... don't know if i'm prepared to work harder this year

what works for you?

I've always relied on extrinsic motivation (cars, makeup, shopping sprees I'll allow myself to go on if I revise, that kinda thing).

If that's what motivated you at GCSEs then maybe you need negative reinforcement?
Reply 6794
Original post by ZetaMu
I've always relied on extrinsic motivation (cars, makeup, shopping sprees I'll allow myself to go on if I revise, that kinda thing).

If that's what motivated you at GCSEs then maybe you need negative reinforcement?

hmmm yeah maybe haha
i wish that could motivate me lol

but i've found it easier to stick to a diet if i make friday my cheat day
it worked so far, and diets never last more than an hour for me

:lol:

so maybe that will work

i'll try it :biggrin:
Original post by z33
hmmm yeah maybe haha
i wish that could motivate me lol

but i've found it easier to stick to a diet if i make friday my cheat day
it worked so far, and diets never last more than an hour for me

:lol:

so maybe that will work

i'll try it :biggrin:

Sure give it a go and I hope it helps you get back on track. :wink:
Reply 6796
Original post by ZetaMu
Sure give it a go and I hope it helps you get back on track. :wink:

i hope so too :smile: !
Stressed :frown: don't know what to do my dissertation on
im really
Original post by lou 22
Why is life so demanding xD lmao. Everytime I come here claiming to stay and never get round to it, nothing but neglect from me this year so far apologise for so, will be back once things are settled.

hope you get settled soon, in the meantime we will keep the thread ticking over (though i still think you give much better advice than me)

Latest