The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.

They didn't call a bomb squad, like you do when there's a bomb.

They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.

Then, they put him and the clock inside an office, not like you do when there's a bomb.

Then, they waited for the police to arrive, and they put the clock in the same car as the police. Then they took pictures of it.

They never thought it was a bomb.
Original post by Faisalshamallakh

They never thought it was a bomb.

I'm not sure why it is taking so long for people to understand: they thought it was a bomb hoax, not a bomb.

Do you understand now?
Original post by Good bloke
Well, it is. But Moslems only seek to defend it as a great and peaceful region. So what!

so are you anti islam? you dislike people who are muslims? You won't interact with them?

I am not muslim by the way..i'm catholic but I have no problem with any religion.
I'm not sure why it is taking so long for people to understand: they thought it was a bomb hoax, not a bomb.

Do you understand now?

well they were wrong. they have admitted to that which is why obama and everyone came out i am guessing.
It has been demonstrated time and time again that many non-Moslems here have a better knowledge of what Islamic scriptures say than most of the Moslems.

ladies and gentlemen, this comes from the ever so wise sheikh "good bloke" who hasnt even learnt to differentiate between weak and reliable stories in islam :rofl:

i wud take this guys posts with a pinch of salt and some humour

Do you understand now?

Do you have a source? According to the BBC it was believed to be a bomb.
Original post by xxvine
so are you anti islam? you dislike people who are muslims? You won't interact with them?

I am not muslim by the way..i'm catholic but I have no problem with any religion.

Yes (being anti-religion), no, and no.

Obviously the fact that you base the way you live your own life on superstitious beliefs means you are likely have plenty in common with others who do the same, even if the superstitions differ somewhat.
Do you have a source? According to the BBC it was believed to be a bomb.

There are links in this thread containing quotes that show the police treated it as a bomb hoax.
Original post by Hannibal Barca
ladies and gentlemen, this comes from the ever so wise sheikh "good bloke" who hasnt even learnt to differentiate between weak and reliable stories in islam :rofl:

i wud take this guys posts with a pinch of salt and some humour

I wasn't including myself among their number, but that wouldn't interest you - a personal attack is much funnier if it ignores the truth, isn't it?
There are links in this thread containing quotes that show the police treated it as a bomb hoax.

The Police treated it as a bomb hoax, however it was initially treated as a bomb by the school itself.

But how could the school treat it as a bomb without taking any necessary measures to evacuate the building due to a bomb scare??

The school knew it wasn't a bomb. And even if they were unsure, safety measures would have been taken until the police had arrived.
The Police treated it as a bomb hoax, however it was initially treated as a bomb by the school itself.

But how could the school treat it as a bomb without taking any necessary measures to evacuate the building due to a bomb scare??

The school knew it wasn't a bomb. And even if they were unsure, safety measures would have been taken until the police had arrived.

No they didn't

because they didn't treat it as a bomb but as a HOAX

That's right they knew it wasn't hence them not taking any measures

Oh fyi did you know his farther was part of a mock trial that resulted in the burning of a quran?
I wasn't including myself among their number, but that wouldn't interest you - a personal attack is much funnier if it ignores the truth, isn't it?

ooo how humble. but thats even better. someone who cant even understand basics is now differentiating between people regardin who is more knowledgeble regarding islam :rofl:

perhaps the people you rate high are as bad as you - or worse :wink:

its not really a personal atk. its truth. all i have to do is quote ur post with asma bint marwaan and my point is proven :smile:

honestly you guys are too sensitive on here. chill.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
No they didn't

because they didn't treat it as a bomb but as a HOAX

That's right they knew it wasn't hence them not taking any measures

Oh fyi did you know his farther was part of a mock trial that resulted in the burning of a quran?

Strictly speaking, you can't simply assume it is a bomb hoax until you rule out the fact that it is indeed a bomb.

The teachers are not bomb experts and have probably never seen a bomb in their life. So what position are they to conclude that it's a bomb hoax?

"Ahmed Mohamed brought it into MacArthur High School in Irving to show his engineering teacher.Another teacher saw it and, concerned it looked like a bomb, alerted school authorities who called the police" - BBC UK

At this point, with no bomb experts in school, you would surely evacuate the building immediately. Which undermines the argument people make that the school was taking safety measures.

The school knew it wasn't a bomb.

You are contradicting yourself.
Strictly speaking, you can't simply assume it is a bomb hoax until you rule out the fact that it is indeed a bomb.

The teachers are not bomb experts and have probably never seen a bomb in their life. So what position are they to conclude that it's a bomb hoax?

"Ahmed Mohamed brought it into MacArthur High School in Irving to show his engineering teacher.Another teacher saw it and, concerned it looked like a bomb, alerted school authorities who called the police" - BBC UK

At this point, with no bomb experts in school, you would surely evacuate the building immediately. Which undermines the argument people make that the school was taking safety measures.

The BBC report has been negated by further information.

They thought it was a HOAX device and acted accordingly
The BBC report has been negated by further information.

They thought it was a HOAX device and acted accordingly

How did the school conclude this? Do they have bomb experts?

Besides, surely the objective of creating a hoax bomb is to make something that actually looks like a bomb, but is actually fake?
You are contradicting yourself.

Nope, I'm pointing out how the fact that no measures were taken, undermines your argument.

The fact that no measures were taken means the teachers are clearly bomb experts and could tell that this device was just a bomb hoax. Such a coincidence aye?

The school knew it wasn't a bomb let alone a hoax bomb.
(edited 8 years ago)
How did the school conclude this? Do they have bomb experts?

Besides, surely the objective of creating a hoax bomb is to make something that actually looks like a bomb, but is actually fake?

You'd have to ask them not me

But they report and I have no reason to believe them that this was treated as a HOAX bomb and acted accordingly

But then I don't have an axe to grind so shan't look for detail that isn't there nor try and respond with 'surly they must'

Problem is you believe what the farther is saying rather than the actual people involved and you are trying to justify how the school behaved incorrectly with lots of 'surely'

Lets stick to the facts where possible

The school knew it wasn't a bomb let alone a hoax bomb.

How do you know this?
Maybe if it was that easy to end this crap it would be done by now

How about you go to them and tell them this is not what islam is about?

Latest

Trending

Trending