The Student Room Group

Best revision guides to buy for Add. Sc. and Geography?

Hello guys
I need to know which revision books are the best for Geography and Additional Science (both Higher tier). My geography teacher recommends the CGP books.
Last year I used the Core science CGP books and I got C in Biology, B in Chemistry and A in Physics (due to revising 1 week before all of the exams, i know, I'm stepping up my game this year). I got an A including the A* from the ISA. Now I'm wondering if I should use those again because they were straightforward and had every vital thing I needed to know. The info wasn't too overwhelming as well. If I should get the CGP ones, should I get the Additional Science version just like I bought the Core one last year, or Add Chemistry, Add Biology and Add Physics all seperately?ThanksBoard for both exams is AQA btw
Reply 1
Original post by Young Sinatra
Hello guys
I need to know which revision books are the best for Geography and Additional Science (both Higher tier). My geography teacher recommends the CGP books.
Last year I used the Core science CGP books and I got C in Biology, B in Chemistry and A in Physics (due to revising 1 week before all of the exams, i know, I'm stepping up my game this year). I got an A including the A* from the ISA. Now I'm wondering if I should use those again because they were straightforward and had every vital thing I needed to know. The info wasn't too overwhelming as well. If I should get the CGP ones, should I get the Additional Science version just like I bought the Core one last year, or Add Chemistry, Add Biology and Add Physics all seperately?ThanksBoard for both exams is AQA btw

I done AQA Geography (Spec A) and i would definitely recommend the CGP revision guide for it! It has condensed notes which makes revision much easier... Unfortunately i can't speak for additional science as i did CCEA but you should definitely invest in a geography one!

Good luck:smile:
Reply 2
I know this isn't a revision guide but have you heard of MyGCSEScience? He did YouTube videos that were my lifesavers for GCSE science! I believe he has Unit 1 for all three sciences available for free on his YouTube channel 'MyGCSEScience' (just type it in on YouTube it should come up) and if you are wanting unit 2, which I presume so since you are doing additional science, I believe he charges £14.95 on his website. I can promise you it is totally worth it, especially if you're a visual learner like me :smile:

Here is a link to his website: http://www.my-gcsescience.com/
Original post by Young Sinatra
Hello guys

They have separate additional science ones? Isn't it just Chemistry, Biology and Physics? (so that it would include core, additional and triple units) I did Edexcel so not sure how AQA works but there isn't just one Add Science guide that covers all the sciences?

Ask your teacher to check which one you need to make sure :yep: CGP (for sciences anyway) are awesome! I can't say anything on geography unfortunately!
Original post by Black Rose
They have separate additional science ones? Isn't it just Chemistry, Biology and Physics? (so that it would include core, additional and triple units) I did Edexcel so not sure how AQA works but there isn't just one Add Science guide that covers all the sciences?

Ask your teacher to check which one you need to make sure :yep: CGP (for sciences anyway) are awesome! I can't say anything on geography unfortunately!

Sorry my bad they don't have seperate Sciences for additional science
just need to know for geo now thanks
Original post by livvvv99
I know this isn't a revision guide but have you heard of MyGCSEScience? He did YouTube videos that were my lifesavers for GCSE science! I believe he has Unit 1 for all three sciences available for free on his YouTube channel 'MyGCSEScience' (just type it in on YouTube it should come up) and if you are wanting unit 2, which I presume so since you are doing additional science, I believe he charges £14.95 on his website. I can promise you it is totally worth it, especially if you're a visual learner like me :smile:

Here is a link to his website: http://www.my-gcsescience.com/

i remember that guy
he posted all his videos for free and then he just deleted it and started chargin
thanks for the reminder

Quick Reply

Latest