The Student Room Group

Wife divorces her husband because he is too SHORT

Wife divorces her husband because he is too SHORT: Saudi bride says she could not take any more after being ridiculed for towering over him

Saudi bride, 20, files for divorce after just seven months of marriage

In legal papers states her husbands height is at the heart of the problem

Claimed she faced ridicule for towering over the unnamed man

Is this a sign of things to come? :biggrin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3255999/Wife-divorces-husband-SHORT-Saudi-bride-says-not-ridiculed-towering-him.html

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates
Wife divorces her husband because he is too SHORT: Saudi bride says she could not take any more after being ridiculed for towering over him

Saudi bride, 20, files for divorce after just seven months of marriage

In legal papers states her husbands height is at the heart of the problem

Claimed she faced ridicule for towering over the unnamed man

Is this a sign of things to come? :biggrin:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3255999/Wife-divorces-husband-SHORT-Saudi-bride-says-not-ridiculed-towering-him.html

The sign of what things to come? I'm confused as to what point you're trying to make.
Reply 2
Original post by MatureStudent36
The sign of what things to come? I'm confused as to what point you're trying to make.

Taller women divorcing shorter men. I know women are reluctant to go out with men who are smaller anyway.
I feel like that's something she could have thought about before marrying him.
Oh my god as if this is a common thing wtf? Also this would not be a valid reason for divorce in this country what are you crying about?

Only someone who has a complex about their own height makes this thread.

Seriously... Why are you torturing yourself! Go out and enjoy yourself instead of finding articles relevant to the various chips on your shoulder.
Reply 5
I know a lot of women feel they can change a man, but expecting him to gain height might be pushing it.

Is this a sign of things to come?

I think you have picked up on a good point. Social trends in Saudi Arabia have an enormous effect on young people in the western democracies these days. I have already noticed the unwillingness of young people to drink alcohol in the streets on weekend evenings, and a growing trend towards sexual abstention before marriage, coupled with a steady growth of servants held in near-slave conditions in modern households.

Well spotted!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I feel like that's something she could have thought about before marrying him.

I thought that at first as well, but seeing the country, I'm guessing it was an arranged marriage?
Reply 8
Original post by Little Popcorns
Oh my god as if this is a common thing wtf? Also this would not be a valid reason for divorce in this country what are you crying about?

Only someone who has a complex about their own height makes this thread.

Seriously... Why are you torturing yourself! Go out and enjoy yourself instead of finding articles relevant to the various chips on your shoulder.

I'm 6ft + but thanks for your concern haha
Reply 9
Original post by Good bloke
I think you have picked up on a good point. Social trends in Saudi Arabia have an enormous effect on young people in the western democracies these days. I have already noticed the unwillingness of young people to drink alcohol in the streets on weekend evenings, and a growing trend towards sexual abstention before marriage, coupled with a steady growth of servants held in near-slave conditions in modern households.

We spotted!

oh no "good bloke" this is more of a trend started in the West and spread to the middle east. Here women are very reluctant to marry "down".
Lol @ your Saudi wife publicly disrespecting you like this. Send her to the guillotine.
(edited 8 years ago)
I read the title as bill gates divorces her husband because he is too short..
This website is so misogynistic, the article clearly says she was taller and it was her husband criticising her for this and she got fed up with being insulted so she filed for divorce.

But the sub 6'0 manlets of TSR feel the need to use this to create a narrative that women have too high expectations (most really don't) rather than the facts which is that the wife didn't like being criticised every day for something she could not change.
Original post by Just Josh
I read the title as bill gates divorces her husband because he is too short..

getting a lot of attacks from small men on here. This is nothing new.

Just glad they're not tall enough to reach my face.
Original post by Rad-Reloaded
This website is so misogynistic, the article clearly says she was taller and it was her husband criticising her for this and she got fed up with being insulted so she filed for divorce.

But the sub 6'0 manlets of TSR feel the need to use this to create a narrative that women have too high expectations (most really don't) rather than the facts which is that the wife didn't like being criticised every day for something she could not change.

I do agree with you smaller men tend to be bullies and very angry. Not a very nice trait.

Power to the 6ft legends.
I'm 6ft + but thanks for your concern haha

As if you'd say if you were 2ft but more to the point im sure worse reasons have been cited by men as to why they want to divorce their husbands
Original post by Little Popcorns
As if you'd say if you were 2ft but more to the point im sure worse reasons have been cited by men as to why they want to divorce their husbands

sorry what did you say? haha
It is great to see Saudi women standing up for themselves, rather than getting down on their knees to placate emotionally insecure men.
Original post by Quantex
It is great to see Saudi women standing up for themselves, rather than getting down on their knees to placate emotionally insecure men.

Surprised she had the balls tbh. But a small man is a small man. Got to get rid!
Lmao.

This isn't common, but begs the question as to why she got with him in the first place. He's always been that short.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending