The Student Room Group

Cambridge law interview

I looked at a past law interview question and it said something about the House of Lords and I didn't know what it was so I was wondering if there was any particular phrases or thugs I need to know about law before the interview
Original post by Gingerlamps1335
I looked at a past law interview question and it said something about the House of Lords and I didn't know what it was so I was wondering if there was any particular phrases or thugs I need to know about law before the interview

Do you mind me asking where you found this past interview question from?
Erm.. you're applying for Law.. at Cambridge.. and you don't know what the House of Lords is....

:s-smilie:
Original post by Gingerlamps1335

Thugs???
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Thugs???

Baron Prescott?
Original post by ILovePancakes
Erm.. you're applying for Law.. at Cambridge.. and you don't know what the House of Lords is....

:s-smilie:

They may be an international student?
House of Lords are the former supreme court of the UK. There are definitely a ton of things you need to know for the interview starting with this!!

They say you don't need any legal knowledge but if you don't even know about the house of lords, it will be difficult to convince the interviewers that you are indeed passionate and interested about the study of law.

A few good starting points would be knowing the difference between criminal and civil liability, knowing that administrative law is very different from criminal is very different from civil law, knowing some aims of the justice system, knowing some theories underpinning these aims etc etc etc. At least have a general idea of hwo the law fits into society.

I have some excellent resources and sample questions from previous law interviews, if you like I can give you the links (PM me). But for now, do read as much as you can to prepare for your interview! All the best
Reply 7
Original post by singapore_sling1
I have some excellent resources and sample questions from previous law interviews, if you like I can give you the links (PM me). But for now, do read as much as you can to prepare for your interview! All the best

Hmmm.... called gurume perhaps? How far into the PM conversation do you go before asking for money?

May you send me these resources- that would be so useful! Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by isaacswirsky123
May you send me these resources- that would be so useful! Thanks

That poster has been banned.

Be suspicious of anyone offering "help" but only via PM. :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Can you please send me the resources please, thank you!!!
Can you please send the said links please!! Thank you!!
House of Lords are the former supreme court of the UK. There are definitely a ton of things you need to know for the interview starting with this!!

They say you don't need any legal knowledge but if you don't even know about the house of lords, it will be difficult to convince the interviewers that you are indeed passionate and interested about the study of law.

A few good starting points would be knowing the difference between criminal and civil liability, knowing that administrative law is very different from criminal is very different from civil law, knowing some aims of the justice system, knowing some theories underpinning these aims etc etc etc. At least have a general idea of hwo the law fits into society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending