The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloom77
When would be start hearing back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you'll receive acknowledgement after the deadline when they receive all applications..
But after acknowledgement you won't really hear anything till feb/march according to previous yr threads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spiritless98
I think you'll receive acknowledgement after the deadline when they receive all applications..
But after acknowledgement you won't really hear anything till feb/march according to previous yr threads

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol
I guess we're playing the waiting game...

Posted from TSR Mobile
This year there were 550 applicants to BM6 wih 120 interviews and 45 offers just for your info!
Original post by Neostigmine
This year there were 550 applicants to BM6 wih 120 interviews and 45 offers just for your info!

Are GCSEs weighted for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a hospital shadowing placement finalised - after trying everywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got a hospital shadowing placement finalised - after trying everywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have fun :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are GCSEs weighted for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd like to know this too as I've heard you should have a good set of GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
I'd like to know this too as I've heard you should have a good set of GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine meet the minimum but they're by no means good...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kevi14
Hey guys, I'm also going for the BM6 program! I just scraped in with grades instead of going to the BM5. I got AAAc and meet all the eligible criteria things! Tips for applying here are just make sure u have a stellar Personal statement and good references! They usaully send out unconditionals as the offers are quite low anyway! I did a lot of research so I though I would help spew it all out....they give a £1000 bursary for the first year and 2 years on campus guaranteed accomadation. Timetable for year 0 is relaxed, 3 days a week lectures tues and thursday 9-5pm and wednesday 9-12pm! They will send out an eligibility form where u need to submit some details and documents around November! Good luck guys and hopefully will see some of u there next year!! Might need to create a fb page too like previous years

Have fun!
Original post by Kevi14
Hey guys, I'm also going for the BM6 program! I just scraped in with grades instead of going to the BM5. I got AAAc and meet all the eligible criteria things! Tips for applying here are just make sure u have a stellar Personal statement and good references! They usaully send out unconditionals as the offers are quite low anyway! I did a lot of research so I though I would help spew it all out....they give a £1000 bursary for the first year and 2 years on campus guaranteed accomadation. Timetable for year 0 is relaxed, 3 days a week lectures tues and thursday 9-5pm and wednesday 9-12pm! They will send out an eligibility form where u need to submit some details and documents around November! Good luck guys and hopefully will see some of u there next year!! Might need to create a fb page too like previous years

Are you applying this year? Or are you starting bm6 already

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kevi14

They don't usually send out unconditionals. If you have the grades, you might get an unconditional but it's not common as they like to have your a level certificates before making it 100%.

Good luck though!! Good information :smile:
I got a score of 610 for my average :smile:
If only I did well in VR :frown:
But I'm happy coz I didn't even revise that much lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
I got a score of 610 for my average :smile:
If only I did well in VR :frown:
But I'm happy coz I didn't even revise that much lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the breakdown for each Q? And how did it compare to mocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the breakdown for each Q? And how did it compare to mocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In mocks, I got about 570 lool (I only did 2 mocks)

VR: 480 (I know, I'm generally really bad at this)

QR: 680

AR: 680

DA: 600 (whoops lol)

Band 2 :smile:

I'm quite pleased for the lack of revision tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
In mocks, I got about 570 lool (I only did 2 mocks)

VR: 480 (I know, I'm generally really bad at this)

QR: 680

AR: 680

DA: 600 (whoops lol)

Band 2 :smile:

I'm quite pleased for the lack of revision tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's pretty good,
Don't worry
As long as the rest is fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's pretty good,
Don't worry
As long as the rest is fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah :smile:
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah :smile:
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope we get offers aha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope we get offers aha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here!
I have a feeling we will :biggrin:
I honestly do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Southampton really consider the UKCAT for the foundation course?? Does anyone know how they select students for interviews. :smile::smile:
I got 5A* 4A 1Bfor GCSE's. I got AABB for AS-levels and I will probably be predicted AAA/AAB. Done Work experience, Voluntary stuff, Duke of Edinburgh (Silver), NCS, Sports ect. If 550 people apply and there are only 30 places what are the chances for me.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending