The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gentleuk
Thanks once again.
What were your choice of unis ?

I havent put my application in yet but will be applying to warwick, kings, barts, and newcastle i think even though warwick is my only feasible option i thought the experience might help. I do question my sanity, I really hate the UCAS process ...
Gah. Just discovered today that my UKCAT was good enough for Warwick last year (didn't apply though). Fingers crossed for this afternoon... can't wait for it to be over and done with.
Original post by Alexdaman93
Gah. Just discovered today that my UKCAT was good enough for Warwick last year (didn't apply though). Fingers crossed for this afternoon... can't wait for it to be over and done with.

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Best of luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, so basically I've messed up...
I've submitted my UCAS PID and choices to Pearson Vue for UKCAT but haven't submitted my UCAS yet...I tried to contact Pearson Vue for advice and they basically say they don't know what happens in this scenario. Anyone have any advice for an idiot like me please?
Original post by LilithSternin
I've submitted my UCAS PID and choices to Pearson Vue for UKCAT but haven't submitted my UCAS yet...I tried to contact Pearson Vue for advice and they basically say they don't know what happens in this scenario. Anyone have any advice for an idiot like me please?

I dont know, but if your able to Id submit your UCAS asap
Sat UKCAT today ... Done horrible, I hate the first section.. It's so hard and I revised a lot on that!
VR-560
QR-680
AR-810
DA-610
SJ-Band 2
Applying for GEM :'(
2.1 adult nursing
Healthcare experience
1 year A&E experience post graduation
5 weeks nursing in the Caribbean (Dominica)
1 years work as a private dementia carer
2 weeks helping communities in Kenya
SJA first aider
Working at RNIB
Working with children asylum seekers n refugees.
... Eek! I think with my degree I'm only able to apply to Kings, Warwick, Newcastle and queen Mary because they're not that picky with uni degrees but they're top unis and my score is far too low... Is it even worth submitting my application... I feel like they'll dismiss me instantly, so many people on here have high scores and so much experience ! :'( roll on 2016 application -.-

So did I... I read it wrong, I thought I had to submit my choices and then submit my application :/ so what happens now ?

Original post by mzchocolate
So did I... I read it wrong, I thought I had to submit my choices and then submit my application :/ so what happens now ?

You should be able to change it if you go to the 'additional information' section of your Pearson VUE account. At least that is what I'm able to do
745 in the UKCAT just now. Any idea if 680 VR is enough for Warwick?
Well, I'm out for the third time.

VR - 540
QR - 750
AR - 660
DA - 610
AVERAGE: 640, B1

Was planning on applying to Warwick as my first choice since my Masters will compensate for my low score. I know that last year the lowest score w/ MSc was about 680, and I'm conflicted on whether I should invest another 2 weeks preparing an application, which I'm sure will be rejected.

I can say having experienced this over 3 years that the AR and DA, at least in my case, has become harder. Both sections were my highest with the official mocks.
745 in the UKCAT just now. Any idea if 680 VR is enough for Warwick?

Well 570 was enough last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clunkles
Well 570 was enough last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That gives me hope, at least! Thanks :smile:
That gives me hope, at least! Thanks :smile:

Were in the same boat, i got 680 too, so i phoned and they encouraged me to apply, looking on the entry requirements it states that they just require your VR not to be below average, so it should be absolutely fine, i cant see the average jumping to 690!
Right. UKCAT Result
VR 680, QR 880, AR 770, DA 650, SJ Band 2. Average 745
I'm thinking Warwick, Kings, ???, Cambridge.
Which other UKCAT uni would it be worth applying to? My degree is in chemistry, so I think that only leaves Queen Mary's, Southampton, Newcastle.
Reply 2315
Hi guys. I'm unsure about applying for Warwick this year. I got 690 in the ukcat and 600 in VR. Is it worth applying? What was the lowest score last year?
Original post by Gcccc
Hi guys. I'm unsure about applying for Warwick this year. I got 690 in the ukcat and 600 in VR. Is it worth applying? What was the lowest score last year?

Its borderline, 700 was the cut off last year, unless you have postgrad, VR will probably be ok but not guaranteed, 570 cut off last year.
Original post by J1mmy
Well, I'm out for the third time.

VR - 540
QR - 750
AR - 660
DA - 610
AVERAGE: 640, B1

Was planning on applying to Warwick as my first choice since my Masters will compensate for my low score. I know that last year the lowest score w/ MSc was about 680, and I'm conflicted on whether I should invest another 2 weeks preparing an application, which I'm sure will be rejected.

I can say having experienced this over 3 years that the AR and DA, at least in my case, has become harder. Both sections were my highest with the official mocks.

I felt the same today :'( 560 vr for me.. Don't even want to bother apply to Warwick. You're lucky, you have masters, that'll,be in your favour !
I didn't realise uni's also look at individual scores? Anyways my UKCAT is this Tuesday. I hope I get a good score!
Original post by HanaGEM
I havent put my application in yet but will be applying to warwick, kings, barts, and newcastle i think even though warwick is my only feasible option i thought the experience might help. I do question my sanity, I really hate the UCAS process ...

Warwick from what I gather is a very good choice. As per Barts, I thought you needed additional A-levels to get in ? I wish you all the best in your application. Please keep me posted on your progress.

I went out to the bookshop yesterday and purchased some materials for UKCAT. It's been a real eye opener reading through some of these books.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending