The Student Room Group

Forbes rich list USA 2015 is out. Donald trump is not happy.

The 2015 Forbes richest Americans list is out, and Bill Gates (US$76 billion) has again topped the rank, followed by Warren Buffett (US$62 billion). But as rich as the two are, their fortunes don't come anywhere near those from American golden periods in the Gilded Age. In fact, after adjusting for inflation, neither Gates nor Buffett even makes the list of the 10 richest Americans of all time. The richest ever American was oil magnate John.D.Rockefeller (1839 - 1937), whom, at his peak, had US$253 billion adjusting to inflation. Railroad tycoon Cornelius Vanderbilt (1794 - 1877) came second with US$205 billion

Bill Gates remains America's richest man

Surging tech stocks upended ranks near the stratosphere of The Forbes 400 list of the Richest Americans this year. Half of the top 10 wealthiest Americans now have something to do with the tech industries. Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg both zoomed into the top 10 richest for the first time. Bezos, the biggest gainer on the list, up US$16.5 billion in one year, is now the fourth richest American, worth US$47 billion. Zuckerberg is number seven, with a net worth of US$40.3 billion. Oracle founder Larry Ellison came third with US$47.5 billion.

Tech boom: Amazon.com Jeff Bezos skyrocketed to be the 4th richest in the US

The Koch brothers (Charles and David Koch) ranked #5 and #6 with US$41 billion, media tycoon Michael Bloomberg #8 with US$38.6 billion, scion of Wal-mart Jim Walton #9 with US$33.7 billion and Google's Larry Page rounding out the tenth position with US$33.3 billion. Patrick Soon-Shiong, a Chinese immigrant from South Africa and the richest Asian in the U.S., appears at #35 with US$12.9 billion. The richest Black isn't to be found until #211, and that is none other than Oprah Winfrey, with US$3 billion.

Donald Trump accused Forbes of being a bankrupt magazine, undervaluing his wealth

But someone is very angry at the recent list. Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has accused Forbes of trying to make him look bad, calling the publication "bankrupt" and "incompetent," adding that a "respected magazine that's coming out" will value him at US$11.5 billion. Forbes listed him at #121 with US$4.5 billion. The argumentative Republican presidential candidate told Forbes: "I think you're trying to make me as poor as possible." When asked Trump whether he truly believes that Forbes evaluates him differently than others on The Forbes 400, he responded: "Yes, I do." His reason? "Because I'm famous, and they're not."

This isn't the first time Trump has fumed about a valuation lower than his own. He accused Bloomberg of being "jealous of him when they estimated Trump's net worth to be a measly US$2.9 billion. On Forbes, he said: "I'm worth much more than you have me down. I don't look good on the list, to be honest. I mean, I look better if I'm worth $10 billion than if I'm worth $4 billion." In response, Forbes wrote a 6-page article titled "Inside The Epic Fantasy That's Driven Donald Trump For 33 Years" (link below) to humiliate Trump.

Saudi prince Alwaleed sued Forbes in 2013: I'm worth US$30 billion, you put only US$20 billion!

In 2013, Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal sued Forbes magazine for libel in a British court, alleging its valuation of his wealth at US$20 billion was far from his own estimation of US$30 billion. The prince attacked the U.S. magazine's ranking of world billionaires as flawed and biased against Middle Eastern businesses and "seemed designed to disadvantage Middle Eastern investors and institutions". In response, Forbes published an in-depth article titled "Prince Alwaleed And The Curious Case Of Kingdom Holding Stock" (link below ) to ridicule the prince. Prince Alwaleed then cut all contacts with Forbes.

Hong Kong's Li Ka Shing laughed it off: They underestimated my wealth by 40%, but that is good and I won't bother much

Other billionaires are more relaxed. Last year, Hong Kong richest man Li Ka-shing said his real fortune is at least 40% underestimated but that "is good". "I think it's not important if you are a tycoon or not. It's more important if your life is meaningful or not, if people trust you; people admire and don't despise you," Li said. "In at least the past 10 years, foreign magazines had underestimated my worth by half. But I don't bother to point out. It's better they write it less. What's the use if they write it as more," the then 85-year old billionaire said.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/list

http://www.forbes.com/sites/luisakroll/2015/09/29/inside-the-2015-forbes-400-facts-and-figures-about-americas-wealthiest/
http://fortune.com/2015/09/29/trump-forbes-net-worth/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2015/09/29/inside-the-epic-fantasy-thats-driven-donald-trump-for-33-years/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kerryadolan/2013/03/05/prince-alwaleed-and-the-curious-case-of-kingdom-holding-stock/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Anybody know where they put Elon Musk and his net worth.

Good to see Buffet at number 2 though.
Original post by HucktheForde
The 2015 Forbes richest Americans list is out, and Bill Gates (US$76 billion) has again topped the rank, followed by Warren Buffett (US$62 billion). But as rich as the two are, their fortunes don't come anywhere near those from American golden periods in the Gilded Age. In fact, after adjusting for inflation, neither Gates nor Buffett even makes the list of the 10 richest Americans of all time. The richest ever American was oil magnate John.D.Rockefeller (1839 - 1937), whom, at his peak, had US$253 billion adjusting to inflation. Railroad tycoon Cornelius Vanderbilt (1794 - 1877) came second with US$205 billion

Bill Gates remains America's richest man

Surging tech stocks upended ranks near the stratosphere of The Forbes 400 list of the Richest Americans this year. Half of the top 10 wealthiest Americans now have something to do with the tech industries. Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg both zoomed into the top 10 richest for the first time. Bezos, the biggest gainer on the list, up US$16.5 billion in one year, is now the fourth richest American, worth US$47 billion. Zuckerberg is number seven, with a net worth of US$40.3 billion. Oracle founder Larry Ellison came third with US$47.5 billion.

Tech boom: Amazon.com Jeff Bezos skyrocketed to be the 4th richest in the US

The Koch brothers (Charles and David Koch) ranked #5 and #6 with US$41 billion, media tycoon Michael Bloomberg #8 with US$38.6 billion, scion of Wal-mart Jim Walton #9 with US$33.7 billion and Google's Larry Page rounding out the tenth position with US$33.3 billion. Patrick Soon-Shiong, a Chinese immigrant from South Africa and the richest Asian in the U.S., appears at #35 with US$12.9 billion. The richest Black isn't to be found until #211, and that is none other than Oprah Winfrey, with US$3 billion.

Donald Trump accused Forbes of being a bankrupt magazine, undervaluing his wealth

But someone is very angry at the recent list. Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has accused Forbes of trying to make him look bad, calling the publication "bankrupt" and "incompetent," adding that a "respected magazine that's coming out" will value him at US$11.5 billion. Forbes listed him at #121 with US$4.5 billion. The argumentative Republican presidential candidate told Forbes: "I think you're trying to make me as poor as possible." When asked Trump whether he truly believes that Forbes evaluates him differently than others on The Forbes 400, he responded: "Yes, I do." His reason? "Because I'm famous, and they're not."

This isn't the first time Trump has fumed about a valuation lower than his own. He accused Bloomberg of being "jealous of him when they estimated Trump's net worth to be a measly US$2.9 billion. On Forbes, he said: "I'm worth much more than you have me down. I don't look good on the list, to be honest. I mean, I look better if I'm worth $10 billion than if I'm worth $4 billion." In response, Forbes wrote a 6-page article titled "Inside The Epic Fantasy That's Driven Donald Trump For 33 Years" (link below) to humiliate Trump.

Saudi prince Alwaleed sued Forbes in 2013: I'm worth US$30 billion, you put only US$20 billion!

In 2013, Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal sued Forbes magazine for libel in a British court, alleging its valuation of his wealth at US$20 billion was far from his own estimation of US$30 billion. The prince attacked the U.S. magazine's ranking of world billionaires as flawed and biased against Middle Eastern businesses and "seemed designed to disadvantage Middle Eastern investors and institutions". In response, Forbes published an in-depth article titled "Prince Alwaleed And The Curious Case Of Kingdom Holding Stock" (link below ) to ridicule the prince. Prince Alwaleed then cut all contacts with Forbes.

Hong Kong's Li Ka Shing laughed it off: They underestimated my wealth by 40%, but that is good and I won't bother much

Other billionaires are more relaxed. Last year, Hong Kong richest man Li Ka-shing said his real fortune is at least 40% underestimated but that "is good". "I think it's not important if you are a tycoon or not. It's more important if your life is meaningful or not, if people trust you; people admire and don't despise you," Li said. "In at least the past 10 years, foreign magazines had underestimated my worth by half. But I don't bother to point out. It's better they write it less. What's the use if they write it as more," the then 85-year old billionaire said.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes-400/list

http://www.forbes.com/sites/luisakroll/2015/09/29/inside-the-2015-forbes-400-facts-and-figures-about-americas-wealthiest/
http://fortune.com/2015/09/29/trump-forbes-net-worth/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2015/09/29/inside-the-epic-fantasy-thats-driven-donald-trump-for-33-years/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kerryadolan/2013/03/05/prince-alwaleed-and-the-curious-case-of-kingdom-holding-stock/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yessss Buffett.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why in heaven's name would you draw attention to an undervaluation by throwing a tantrum and initiating a high-profile lawsuit?

Much butthurt here: empty vessels make the most noise. Plus I bet Mr Li has a satisfyingly large penis
Original post by scrotgrot
Why in heaven's name would you draw attention to an undervaluation by throwing a tantrum and initiating a high-profile lawsuit?

Much butthurt here: empty vessels make the most noise. Plus I bet Mr Li has a satisfyingly large penis

he's asian, i doubt it
Original post by minor bun engine
he's asian, i doubt it

Could be an outlier :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No Mythologies to Follow ❤️❤️❤️
Original post by colourtheory
No Mythologies to Follow ❤️❤️❤️

Ahhh another MO (can't get the accent on my phone) fan! :smile: She has a new song out; have you heard it? I also heard that she's going to release a new album soon, yay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by minor bun engine
he's asian, i doubt it

Come to my house and bring your sister.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending