The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You have to imagine that a loss in the Merseyside derby would be the final straw.
We played four kids (Origi, Ibe, Gomez and Rossiter) so not going to read too much into this result but it's clear we are unable to score more than one goal without Sturridge no matter who we play.
Reply 542
To say Brendan won't be managing another club in European competition anytime soon, you'd think he'd at least respect the competition wouldn't you.

Disgraceful man.

Samir's comment is lol worthy btw. ^^
Original post by samir12
We played four kids (Origi, Ibe, Gomez and Rossiter) so not going to read too much into this result but it's clear we are unable to score more than one goal without Sturridge no matter who we play.

I don't understand why people say that.

It's the manager's choice to play youngsters and we had more than enough talent on that pitch to beat a second-rate Swiss side that most people have never heard of.
It's going to be a fine day when Sturridge leaves. Coutinho shortly after.
Don't know why I ****ing bother.
Original post by Dirtybit

Martial will join city next season
And why would such a thing happen?
Reply 548

I think Coutinho would leave first out of the two. Sturridge may be more likely to demand a move but he'd have less suitors due to his injury issues.

Unfortunately most of these players all signed long term extensions..
Original post by Zerforax

Unfortunately most of these players all signed long term extensions..

4 years left didn't stop Suarez leaving
Reply 550
4 years left didn't stop Suarez leaving

No it didn't but it took £75mil to prise him away.

Means that when Coutinho/Sturridge leave, it will be more on our terms.

It's only a matter of time before Coutinho goes to Barca, but we'll get a bucketload for him - if he continues as he is you would imagine somewhere in the region of £40-50m.

As for Sturridge, I can't see him leaving.
He's too injury prone and we'd never sell him cheap enough for it to be worth any team making a good offer.

Who would take Sturridge with his wages and injury record? Even if someone wanted him there's only 5 English clubs who can afford him. He's already been at Chelsea and City, he wouldn't join Arsenal or Spurs and you'd never do business with United.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the score last night for Liverpool in the Europa League? I do believe you drew to FC Sion, a Swiss team. Just let that sink in. I don't know how you got into the Champions League last season. Also how many Premier League titles have you won?
Original post by Thephysicist123
What was the score last night for Liverpool in the Europa League? I do believe you drew to FC Sion, a Swiss team. Just let that sink in. I don't know how you got into the Champions League last season. Also how many Premier League titles have you won?

That is literally the weakest baiting I've ever seen.

Like seriously, I'm more embarrassed for you than I am about the state of our defence...
Why was the 1st thread locked ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think coutinho will leave first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
That is literally the weakest baiting I've ever seen.

Like seriously, I'm more embarrassed for you than I am about the state of our defence...

Yet you still took the bait...

#salty
#reelingthemin
#hashtag
:wink:
Original post by leinad2012
Yet you still took the bait...

#salty
#reelingthemin
#hashtag
:wink:

Touché :wink:
Nah but serious, that isn't "taking the bait" :tongue:
Check the Arsenal thread for more obvious examples.

#tooeasy
Reply 559
It is a shame to see what Liverpool have become. A selling club now. It's strange. This wouldn't have happened back in the good days (you know when boys).

I called Coutinho to Madrid as soon as Rafa took over. I think if Rafa wins a trophy this season and stays on as manager, he'll be the number one target to replace Isco.

Latest