The Student Room Group

Not on The BBC: Oregon shooter singled out Christians.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

The news the BBC doesn't report. I'm an atheist, I'm certainly not a Christian, but I'm sick to death of this organisation.

Much in the same way it can't bring itself to report the news that every other MSM outlet is reporting, i.e., a 17 year old boy hanged himself after being accused of rape (it would defy its ideological indoctrination: male = perpetrator, female = victim). Much in the same way it labels the Charleston shootings a 'hate crime' but refers to the perpetrator of the Virginia shootings as a 'victim of racism.'

It will gladly parade an teenage Muslim with a clock all over the news when his clock is mistaken for a bomb, but Christians being singled out for assassination? Nah - hush.

I have lost all faith in this organisation. It's an ideological mouthpiece.
Reply 1
Oh please. You really think the BBC is silencing themselves? Utter nonsense. Let's look at the facts here.

First, this information is pretty damn new. The article you linked was posted at midnight our time. The BBC is not a breaking news site. They rarely report on details like this until they've been firmly established.

Second, the claim seems to be entirely based on tweets and an online profile. Hardly concrete evidence, so why should a respected news organisation give it airtime (and no, the NY Post is not a respected news organisation)? The BBC have simply hedged their bets, as they always do:

The killer's motive is not known, although police said they were investigating reports that he had warned of his intentions on social media.

Third, details like this really just glorify the attacker, which is entirely not what this story should be about. So if the BBC choose not to report on such things, I really can't say I blame them. It just adds more fuel to the fire.

Of course you're always free to read as many news sources as you want. That's the great thing about having free and independent media, they don't all report exactly the same things. If they did, we'd definitely be in trouble.
It was on the BBC
They also didn't report the David Cameron scandal but happy to slaughter any other political parties.
There must be two BBCs as I listen to a very long interview with the representative of the publisher of the book on radio four and also an interview with someone who was a contemporary of Cameron ( not a friend) at the same time .
Original post by chloeyay
They also didn't report the David Cameron scandal but happy to slaughter any other political parties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A9sRVSoPjw

Demonstrably false. That said I do think they are biased against Corbyn.
Reply 6
I'm more concerned by the fact that you're surprised the BBC is like this. A quick look at their front page and you can see that the story is no where to be seen. Yet other major news outlets, such as Reuters, are running with it as their main headline. I don't watch TV so I can't comment on that but I'm honestly not surprised that the BBC hasn't got this on their front page.
Reply 7
Original post by WokSz
I'm more concerned by the fact that you're surprised the BBC is like this. A quick look at their front page and you can see that the story is no where to be seen.

What are you on about? It's the top story on both the BBC home page and the front page of BBC news.
Reply 8
Original post by Dez
What are you on about? It's the top story on both the BBC home page and the front page of BBC news.

See it now.
Original post by chloeyay

I think the BBC would be in hot water if the reported an unsupported allegation. Also the BBC are all for Labour, don't act like they support the Conservatives. I've noticed them be slightly biased towards Labour and their values compared to other parties.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending