The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mzchocolate
Sat UKCAT today ... Done horrible, I hate the first section.. It's so hard and I revised a lot on that!
VR-560
QR-680
AR-810
DA-610
SJ-Band 2
Applying for GEM :'(
2.1 adult nursing
Healthcare experience
1 year A&E experience post graduation
5 weeks nursing in the Caribbean (Dominica)
1 years work as a private dementia carer
2 weeks helping communities in Kenya
SJA first aider
Working at RNIB
Working with children asylum seekers n refugees.
... Eek! I think with my degree I'm only able to apply to Kings, Warwick, Newcastle and queen Mary because they're not that picky with uni degrees but they're top unis and my score is far too low... Is it even worth submitting my application... I feel like they'll dismiss me instantly, so many people on here have high scores and so much experience ! :'( roll on 2016 application -.-

Hi Mz,
is this your first attempt? I am a mental health nurse with a first class and hoping to apply next year. From your scores; you've got potential. If you can't get in this year; please don't give up
I felt the same today :'( 560 vr for me.. Don't even want to bother apply to Warwick. You're lucky, you have masters, that'll,be in your favour !

HI Guys,
l've had a look at Warwick's website concerning the masters thing and it seems, they don't really factor that in unless your final degree classification is below 2:1. Am I wrong? Please let me know . Thanks
Original post by gentleuk
Warwick from what I gather is a very good choice. As per Barts, I thought you needed additional A-levels to get in ? I wish you all the best in your application. Please keep me posted on your progress.

I went out to the bookshop yesterday and purchased some materials for UKCAT. It's been a real eye opener reading through some of these books.

Barts ask for A levels dependent on degree subject, and they seem to think midwifery has enough bio and chem thankfully, but I think Kings want A level chem, so I might just put DMU 5 year down for experience ...
HI Guys,
l've had a look at Warwick's website concerning the masters thing and it seems, they don't really factor that in unless your final degree classification is below 2:1. Am I wrong? Please let me know . Thanks

Warwick use a scoring system for selection based on UKCAT and highest level of study therefore they may invite someone fot interview with a lower UKCAT if they have a phd or ma
Sat UKCAT today ... Done horrible, I hate the first section.. It's so hard and I revised a lot on that!
VR-560
QR-680
AR-810
DA-610
SJ-Band 2
Applying for GEM :'(
2.1 adult nursing
Healthcare experience
1 year A&E experience post graduation
5 weeks nursing in the Caribbean (Dominica)
1 years work as a private dementia carer
2 weeks helping communities in Kenya
SJA first aider
Working at RNIB
Working with children asylum seekers n refugees.
... Eek! I think with my degree I'm only able to apply to Kings, Warwick, Newcastle and queen Mary because they're not that picky with uni degrees but they're top unis and my score is far too low... Is it even worth submitting my application... I feel like they'll dismiss me instantly, so many people on here have high scores and so much experience ! :'( roll on 2016 application -.-

Hey, your AR score is quite nice! What resources did you use and how did you approach the questions, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
670 on ukcat. Worth applying to barts? 2:1 predicted in biomed?
Original post by AFC_123456789
670 on ukcat. Worth applying to barts? 2:1 predicted in biomed?

Last years cut off was 712.5
Thanks. Anywhere else for graduate entry? I have a b for chemistry at a level so can't apply to Bristol. Thanks again
Can anyone remember the date they plan to release the yearly breakdown of UKCAT results? Something like the 8th of October sounds familiar...
Original post by prospectmedic
Can anyone remember the date they plan to release the yearly breakdown of UKCAT results? Something like the 8th of October sounds familiar...

9th I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HanaGEM
Last years cut off was 712.5

Where did they say this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clunkles
Where did they say this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Google barts graduate medicine admission data, top link is an faq which has a pdf of the 2015 admission data
Reply 2332
Original post by HanaGEM
Its borderline, 700 was the cut off last year, unless you have postgrad, VR will probably be ok but not guaranteed, 570 cut off last year.

hey do you know how they score the msc?? I have an Msc but do u know what sort of weightng, and where it says they favour post gard qualifications? :smile: thanks
Original post by sk88
hey do you know how they score the msc?? I have an Msc but do u know what sort of weightng, and where it says they favour post gard qualifications? :smile: thanks

I dont know how how they weight it, but it says on the warwick site within the entry requirements 'During the selection process, you will be awarded points for your highest achieved academic qualification'
hey guys, I'm having problems with which uni i should apply to for medicine, have 5A*AC at gcse, 2A3B at As (B in bio and them, A in math) and 650 UKCAT with stj 4.. Good work experience and personal statement. Im thinking of applying to keel and sheffield, is that a good idea? what other 2 units should i apply to? thanks guys
Original post by malcolmDR
hey guys, I'm having problems with which uni i should apply to for medicine, have 5A*AC at gcse, 2A3B at As (B in bio and them, A in math) and 650 UKCAT with stj 4.. Good work experience and personal statement. Im thinking of applying to keel and sheffield, is that a good idea? what other 2 units should i apply to? thanks guys

Are you a grad?
Just finished my As, doing A2, therefore applying this year
Original post by malcolmDR
Just finished my As, doing A2, therefore applying this year

Sorry you're in the wrong thread, this is the graduate entry (4 year course) forum. There is a standard medicine thread in the main forum that can advise you better than us.

Good luck
Original post by HanaGEM
Warwick use a scoring system for selection based on UKCAT and highest level of study therefore they may invite someone fot interview with a lower UKCAT if they have a phd or ma

Wow!! I never knew that. Does that mean you'll be disadvantaged with only an undergrad degree??
Wow!! I never knew that. Does that mean you'll be disadvantaged with only an undergrad degree??

Essentially yes, but the previous years cut offs are given for undergrad degrees, and it seems you need 700 minimum, 750 to be safe ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending