The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there a reason why you feel the need to 'whiten' your skin??

Posted from TSR Mobile
These threads have been done before and people mentioned a popular cream called "fair and lovely" or something.
Reply 3
Sounds like OP is an Indian or of Indian origin.

:biggrin:
Reply 4
I would advice against this. A lot of skin whitening products are dangerous, some that have been banned in the UK but are still used in the developing world have been identified as carcinogenic.

I'm sure you have a gorgeous skin colour -- white skin is not necessarily better than other skin colours. Personally I think the hottest skin colour is olive, nothing beats a delicate tan.
Yea, all you have to do is change your way of thinking.
Why do you want to lighten your skin??
Reply 7
Original post by digitalangel18
Check out Korean whitening cream on Google for products such as face masks and moisturisers.

Thanks! Do you know any specific brands/products?
Reply 8
Fair and Lovely face cream
Reply 9
Original post by Peju
Is there a reason why you feel the need to 'whiten' your skin??

Posted from TSR Mobile

To look better and less ugly. Lighter skin looks more pure and pretty.
I use Chinese cream called Bao Zhi Tang. It keeps my skin looking pure & clear, and the ingredients help to make the skin lighter. Pale skin is attractive to me, it's healthier too. The more of a tan you have, the more wrinkles you will have later in life. I use factor 50 all the time to avoid any tanning on my face.
Go and live in Greenland for at least 3 years?
Original post by ZetaMu
I would advice against this. A lot of skin whitening products are dangerous, some that have been banned in the UK but are still used in the developing world have been identified as carcinogenic.

I'm sure you have a gorgeous skin colour -- white skin is not necessarily better than other skin colours. Personally I think the hottest skin colour is olive, nothing beats a delicate tan.

That's more like it Zeta :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
These threads have been done before and people mentioned a popular cream called "fair and lovely" or something.

I've tried fair and lovely previously and it wasn't very good imo.
Reply 14
Original post by ZetaMu

Well I'm a bit darker than an olive skin tone. I'm trying to lighten my skin to get to that colour.
Original post by Ladymusiclover

Its a free country

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZetaMu

Having a tan is actually bad for the skin. Being out in the sun is one of the most damaging things for your body, not only does it cause wrinkles and sagging later on in life, but it also causes skin cancer.

If you look at top models in Vogue or on the catwalk, they're pretty much always pure white, or close enough. That's because it makes them look healthy and authentic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Ladymusiclover

Because my skin tone is ugly. No one will ever like me if I stay this colour.
Original post by 1295084
Because my skin tone is ugly. No one will ever like me if I stay this colour.

Seek therapy.
Reply 19
Original post by digitalangel18
I don't use whitening creams personally but there are videos on youtube that show you different products etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuC9BIcJ_dE

:smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending