The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daisy May
Well I was hoping to find someone trustworthy enough to not copy my work, if that's what you mean.

Well the problem is that you presumably don't know any of the people here personally, so you don't really have any guarantee that they're who they say they are. Of course most people here probably wouldn't plagiarise or publicise what you've written but that's certainly not a risk I'd have wanted to take.
Original post by Princepieman
Lol

Get your results first then apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have got my AS levels as stated above. Can I get at least A*A*A*A*U?
Original post by jneill
Because, plagiarism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, mo
Original post by Plagioclase
Well the problem is that you presumably don't know any of the people here personally, so you don't really have any guarantee that they're who they say they are. Of course most people here probably wouldn't plagiarise or publicise what you've written but that's certainly not a risk I'd have wanted to take.
OK, thanks for your advice. :-)
Original post by Daisy May
OK, thanks for your advice. :-)

that's alright, happy to help:smile:
Original post by youarealiar
hi I'm Wendy Bloyce-Goodier and I want to study Geography with CDDUU in PE, Media and commumications, Sociology, Maths and Further Maths. I had a bad day or 2 and was on my period at the time so was not in the best of luck. They wont let me retake the year because they say it isn't necessary, so they predicted me 5 a*s and ill be applying to oxford st peters college. do I have a reasonable chance?? I know how competitive it is even for outstanding applicants such as myself :smile: thank you please reply asap I'm really worried

With a name like that you're in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have got my AS levels as stated above. Can I get at least A*A*A*A*U?

Nah, you could get 20A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi I'm Wendy Bloyce-Goodier and I want to study Geography with CDDUU in PE, Media and commumications, Sociology, Maths and Further Maths. I had a bad day or 2 and was on my period at the time so was not in the best of luck. They wont let me retake the year because they say it isn't necessary, so they predicted me 5 a*s and ill be applying to oxford st peters college. do I have a reasonable chance?? I know how competitive it is even for outstanding applicants such as myself :smile: thank you please reply asap I'm really worried

In all honesty, even with extenuating circumstances it would probably be very difficult to get into Oxford with those grades :s-smilie: - you might be better focusing on other Unis. :smile:
Original post by LoveToArgue
Indeed you would feel good!

My LNAT is next Wednesday, the same day as my Law mock interview that has been organised by my school, so Wednesday is going to be a hectic day!

If by some miracle I got all 5 offers, I would put Oxford first, then Durham/Bristol, then Warwick, then LSE. I've visited all but LSE and liked all 4 of them, but LSE's course looks really interesting so if I get an offer I'll make an effort to go and look around.

Do you mean that STEP isn't compulsory, but would potentially get you a lower offer if you do well in it?

Next Wednesday!? So soon! Are you all prepared for it then? :smile:

Which one are you going to insure then out of those 4? :smile:

Yeah, It was only really Cambridge that made STEP compulsory and/or Imperial who make it compulsory if you don't do well enough in the MAT!
Original post by skylake
Warwick offers?

Yeah, offers from Warwick aha
Original post by kitchentowel1
Anyone applying for English?

Yep I am! Trying to get PS done atm and hoping to apply to Somerville College. You? :smile:
Original post by Magnesium
Next Wednesday!? So soon! Are you all prepared for it then? :smile:

Which one are you going to insure then out of those 4? :smile:

Yeah, It was only really Cambridge that made STEP compulsory and/or Imperial who make it compulsory if you don't do well enough in the MAT!

Yep, next Wednesday! I've done as many practise papers as I can get my hands on, including the multiple choice section and the essay section. I've done all I could have done, so just need to rely on my ability and not freak out!

All the unis I've applied for require A*AA-AAA so none of them are particularly safe, but I think I got high enough UMS on my AS levels to only need a B or C to get an A overall, so one of the AAA unis would be my insurance.

Ah so it's not just Oxford that uses the MAT?
Hi guys, I noticed on Oxford's website that they only have statistics for 'college success rates' to 2013; I was wondering if anyone knows of any statistics for this which are a bit more recent? I'd been thinking of applying to St. John's, but I really like Christ Church and I worry they're going to be a very popular choice, however it's very hard to make many inferences from the 2013 statistics what 2016 stats might look like! - if it matters at all I'm applying for English.
Original post by 4170sre
Hi guys, I noticed on Oxford's website that they only have statistics for 'college success rates' to 2013; I was wondering if anyone knows of any statistics for this which are a bit more recent? I'd been thinking of applying to St. John's, but I really like Christ Church and I worry they're going to be a very popular choice, however it's very hard to make many inferences from the 2013 statistics what 2016 stats might look like! - if it matters at all I'm applying for English.

More recent statistics aren't published yet but there's really no point getting worried about statistics. I wouldn't have thought there'd be any humongous changes since 2013 but of course there will be year-on-year variation so you're not going to be able to make accurate statistical predictions about your chances even if you had the 2015 data. Particularly if we're talking about by-subject college-specific admissions percentages, because of the small sample sizes, they will jump around. Just apply for the college you like the most, it doesn't affect your chance of getting into the university and if you end up being reallocated to another college you'll be happy there too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Magnesium
Yeah, offers from Warwick aha

Is it not a bit early, or am I getting confused lol
Original post by Msachdeva789
GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AA
IB: 45 (Predicted)
Course: Computer Science and Philosophy
College: Hertford College

Really hope that I get in.
Got an offer from Warwick today, so hope the others go well too!
Just got to kill the MAT!

How come Warwick offers are coming in so early?
Original post by skylake
How come Warwick offers are coming in so early?

Because they work fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgiaf
Yep I am! Trying to get PS done atm and hoping to apply to Somerville College. You? :smile:

Ive submitted my form to the school but they haven't sent it off yet :'( but apparently the other places I have applied to all give out English offers late :'(

Im hoping to go to St Catherines- I haven't been to Somerville... is it a central college?
Original post by skylake
Is it not a bit early, or am I getting confused lol

Not really, depends how early your school processes your UCAS. Lot of people gave their UCAS forms to school almost 2-3 weeks ago now and my school approved it as soon as. A lot of people got their offers from Warwick within 24 hours of having gotten confirmation that Warwick have received their application :tongue:
Original post by kitchentowel1
Ive submitted my form to the school but they haven't sent it off yet :'( but apparently the other places I have applied to all give out English offers late :'(

Im hoping to go to St Catherines- I haven't been to Somerville... is it a central college?

It is central but not right on the high street...I haven't actually been there but have been won over by the recommendation of a friend: also the professors' interests match my own!

Really? Where else have you applied...I'm curious now! I have gone for Durham, York, Edinburgh, Exeter. :smile:

Latest