The Student Room Group

Do you hate a family member?

Do you hate a member of you immediate family? And why do you hate them? :colone:

Scroll to see replies

I am estranged from my father and sister, but I do not hate them. I love my dad very much, actually.
Strongly dislike about 99% of my dads side of the family, they're just selfish ***** who only care about money and have no emotions and morals:smile:
No I find it difficult to hate someone you're inevitably stuck with for the rest of your life.
No.
same here although they can annoy you at times. i love all my family apart from some aunts but at the end of the day you can really hate them.
Original post by quentinhamilton
No I find it difficult to hate someone you're inevitably stuck with for the rest of your life.
Original post by quentinhamilton

you're only stuck with them in the sense that they're related to you? You don't have to stay in contact with them..
I don't hate any of my family members, but I do feel somewhat uncomfortable being around my dad because of his mental illness. I honestly don't like spending much time with him, especially when it's only me and him in the house, which fortunately isn't very often as he no longer lives with us
Original post by candycaneland500
same here although they can annoy you at times. i love all my family apart from some aunts but at the end of the day you can really hate them.

Yes I do find some relatives quite annoying but I hardly see them so they have little impact in my life for me to actually hate them.
I love my immediate family, but I dislike most members of my extended family. One of my grandmothers is a particularly unpleasant character, and how on earth she managed to raise my mother on the one hand (who is the kindest and most tolerant person I know) and both my uncles on the other (one who's caused huge feuds through an affair he's had and the other who died of a drug overdose at 33), I have no idea.
Original post by clonedmemories
I love my immediate family, but I dislike most members of my extended family. One of my grandmothers is a particularly unpleasant character, and how on earth she managed to raise my mother on the one hand (who is the kindest and most tolerant person I know) and both my uncles on the other (one who's caused huge feuds through an affair he's had and the other who died of a drug overdose at 33), I have no idea.

well sometimes kids who have siblings and parents who are irresponsible and cause trouble, will see what happens and be smart enough to avoid it and just stick it out until they get out of there. for example i have a super conservative dad who is super strict and scary, and has been through war and all that so he's f-ed up. My mother on the other hand, is so sweet and kind bless her, but she's not very smart when it comes to using your common sense, like she's educated and stuff but she can't deal with pressure.

My siblings are all stuck on devices, failing, causing trouble, one ran away (dunno where he is tbh), everyone else is lost in their own reality, the little one is really smart though, he taught himself the alphabet, how to read, write, present his work nicely and colour in the lines before going to nursery. (using youtube videos), so now he's in year 1 learning year 2/3 stuff because he's so far ahead of his class and so i'm helping him bc i see dat potential. Anyway, I'm trying to stay on the good side until i go to uni in a few months :biggrin:

whilst being a ****ty experience of a life so far, it's made me smarter and more eager to gtfo into the real world :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
well sometimes kids who have siblings and parents who are irresponsible and cause trouble, will see what happens and be smart enough to avoid it and just stick it out until they get out of there. for example i have a super conservative dad who is super strict and scary, and has been through war and all that so he's f-ed up. My mother on the other hand, is so sweet and kind bless her, but she's not very smart when it comes to using your common sense, like she's educated and stuff but she can't deal with pressure.

My siblings are all stuck on devices, failing, causing trouble, one ran away (dunno where he is tbh), everyone else is lost in their own reality, the little one is really smart though, he taught himself the alphabet, how to read, write, present his work nicely and colour in the lines before going to nursery. (using youtube videos), so now he's in year 1 learning year 2/3 stuff because he's so far ahead of his class and so i'm helping him bc i see dat potential. Anyway, I'm trying to stay on the good side until i go to uni in a few months :biggrin:

whilst being a ****ty experience of a life so far, it's made me smarter and more eager to gtfo into the real world :smile:

oh and to answer OP's question, i don't hate them... i hate what they've done
I don't hate any of my family members , I don't have time to hate people.

I just have nothing to do with several members.
Does an estranged parent that you haven't seen in over a decade count?

Couldn't care less if I found out tomorrow that he'd died.
I hate most of my mothers side of the family. My mums real dad left when she was really young and she was brought up by her stepdad so im barely related to pretty much anyone on that side of the family, only my aunties, uncles and cousins. They never make me feel like im part of the family and I dont think ive ever spoken to my mums stepdad despite seeing him every week since i was young. They're black and im white and I honestly believe that is why they dont pay attention to me. They're all also happy to live on the dole or live doing ''not so legal''' things whereas I'm studying a Law degree so you could say we have differing outlooks on life. My dads died before I was born too so I've never had the experience of having a grandad, I think thats part of why I dislike him so much too. No matter how much I tried he never even gave me the time of day.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, my mother. She is crazy.
I don't hate anyone, I've got too much love to give.
Hate is a strong word, like I love my family but I do sometimes get annoyed with them for instance there was a time when my brother was in his room so I told him from the outside of his door that mum was calling him but he didn't hear me so I said it louder and then he suddenly got pissed for no apparent reason and said 'WTF r u angry about?!' screaming and sounding annoyed (made me cringe, I HATE fights/arguments) so I was like 'I am not angry you just didn't hear' and he was like 'I did!', so I was like 'Fine, don't get all moody and angry." and he freaking shouted back saying 'I wasn't F**king angry you were' while screaming.... URGH! So stubborn and hot-tempered I get annoyed with these two characteristics (even if I have them too) >_< lol... huh sibling!
Original post by chantalc
Strongly dislike about 99% of my dads side of the family, they're just selfish ***** who only care about money and have no emotions and morals:smile:

Synchronised people right here :smile:
I hate my dads side :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Synchronised people right here :smile:
I hate my dads side :frown:

its a shame because I don't want to hate them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending