The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

I'm applying to do Law at Pembroke :smile: Super nervous and I think I'm sending off my application tomorrow. I'm also applying to Warwick, Nottingham, Bristol and Exeter. Anyone else applying for law?

Good luck to everyone here!
Original post by ranayounis
Hi everyone!

I'm applying to do Law at Pembroke :smile: Super nervous and I think I'm sending off my application tomorrow. I'm also applying to Warwick, Nottingham, Bristol and Exeter. Anyone else applying for law?

Good luck to everyone here!

Yep I'm applying for Law too! My application was sent off last week to LSE, Bristol, Warwick, Oxford and Durham, so vaguely similar ones to you. I've applied to University College though :smile:
Original post by kitchentowel1
Anyone applying for English?

Yep!

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE Grades: 8A* 4A
A-Levels achieved: A*A*A* (4A 1B at AS)
Course: English Language and Literature
College: Lincoln

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ylmdk
I will register to ielts if I get an offer, does it carry any weight in application?

Not necessarily! I suppose if a college receives two applications from two international students with very similar grades, references & Co, they might be more declined to choose the one that has already taken and passed the IELTS. It reduces the risk of the student failing their offer in case they don't make the required grades.

Some universities might require you to actually have taken the IELTS and fulfilled the requirements prior to applying, so maybe you should check with them.

(@Bearbert I'm sure you did really well!I took mine in May, scored 9/8.5/7.5/8 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking, 8.5 all in all.)
Original post by LoveToArgue
Yep I'm applying for Law too! My application was sent off last week to LSE, Bristol, Warwick, Oxford and Durham, so vaguely similar ones to you. I've applied to University College though :smile:

Oh University was the one I had been considering between with Pembroke but I decided to go with Pembroke when I went on one of the Open Days during the summer. I was also considering Durham but I do IB and I'm afraid of dropping points so I don't want to apply to everyone wanting 38+ so that's why I added Exeter in. Good luck to you though! :smile:
Considering applying to oxford to study law but not sure if it's worth it with my grades, could someone please give me some advice?

GCSE: 6A* 4A

AS level: AABB (A in English and biology, Bs in chemistry and maths)

Predicted A level results: A*AA

I am lead to believe that my AS grades may not be good enough- any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Thank you:-)
It shouldn't put me at a disadvantage for other unis if I apply to oxford and don't get in right?
Original post by Ellejennifer
Thank you:-)
It shouldn't put me at a disadvantage for other unis if I apply to oxford and don't get in right?

I'd say go for it, it won't hurt to applybecause you never know :smile:. And I don't think it should be a disadvantage at all. Good luck!
Original post by Ellejennifer
Considering applying to oxford to study law but not sure if it's worth it with my grades, could someone please give me some advice?

GCSE: 6A* 4A

AS level: AABB (A in English and biology, Bs in chemistry and maths)

Predicted A level results: A*AA

I am lead to believe that my AS grades may not be good enough- any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Your GCSEs, AS grades and predictions are strong - perform well in the LNAT and you probably stand a good chance :smile: (nobody can tell for sure obviously)
I'd say go for it, it won't hurt to applybecause you never know :smile:. And I don't think it should be a disadvantage at all. Good luck!

Thank you :smile:
Original post by antigone-
Your GCSEs, AS grades and predictions are strong - perform well in the LNAT and you probably stand a good chance :smile: (nobody can tell for sure obviously)

Thank you
Oh University was the one I had been considering between with Pembroke but I decided to go with Pembroke when I went on one of the Open Days during the summer. I was also considering Durham but I do IB and I'm afraid of dropping points so I don't want to apply to everyone wanting 38+ so that's why I added Exeter in. Good luck to you though! :smile:

I liked the look of Pembroke too, but Univ is the one a lot of my family members went to I so decided to apply there :smile: what's the IB like? I've heard it's harder than A Levels but obviously I don't know
I've heard several people have already got offers from Warwick. What subjects are these offers for, and how long ago did you/they send off their application?
My friend is also applying for Law and has asked me to post this on her behalf. In her AS she got BBBB (A EPQ), no extenuating circumstances, but all A*s at GCSE, and is predicted AAA at A2. Do you think she has a chance?
Original post by LoveToArgue
My friend is also applying for Law and has asked me to post this on her behalf. In her AS she got BBBB (A EPQ), no extenuating circumstances, but all A*s at GCSE, and is predicted AAA at A2. Do you think she has a chance?

If she makes up for it in her LNAT and with her personal statement then I don't see why not! She has the predictions and great GCSEs so it's a minor setback :smile:

I know somebody applying for Law at Oxford with CCCD (she will be retaking) and Oxford told her she had a chance, so why not?
Original post by asdfghjyttrfbb
I've heard several people have already got offers from Warwick. What subjects are these offers for, and how long ago did you/they send off their application?

3 guys in my year got offers the day after they sent off their applications xD Subjects were Maths, Computer science and History xD
Anyone else applying to Oriel? Just did so for Law :smile:
Original post by thechemistress
3 guys in my year got offers the day after they sent off their applications xD Subjects were Maths, Computer science and History xD

York started giving out science offers on Friday and Edinburgh have given out some unconditionals! Meanwhile, I'm still waiting :frown:
Original post by Daisy May
Well I was hoping to find someone trustworthy enough to not copy my work, if that's what you mean.

If you PM me I can have a look - I'm a current Oxford undergrad.

Latest

Trending

Trending