The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Game of Thrones.
1. Narcos (watched all 10 episodes within 24 hours lol)
2. Breaking Bad
3. GoT
Game of Thrones ****s on everything.
Reply 4
Breaking Bad.
Reply 5
Original post by hihihihihi
1. Narcos (watched all 10 episodes within 24 hours lol)
2. Breaking Bad
3. GoT

Same :rofl:

Spoiler

Original post by ivy.98
Same :rofl:

Spoiler

Me too! One year wait though. :frown: Escobar was a interesting person.
Breaking Bad isn't even in the same league as The Wire, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, True Detective or Narcos. Breaking Bad is incredibly overhyped and so many people jumped on the hype train that it just became 'cool' to like it or watch it. It was ridiculous. There was only one really incredible episode and that was Ozymandias. The rest of it was pure hype.
Breaking Bad.

The first 3 seasons of Game of Thrones were good, but as of late the show has become poorly written, sexist and relies way too much on shock value to maintain its notoriety.
Original post by LazyBazooka
The first 3 seasons of Game of Thrones were good, but as of late the show has become poorly written, sexist and relies way too much on shock value to maintain its notoriety.

Breaking bad sucks, stopped watching after 10 episodes.
Reply 11
breaking bad, just cos i haven't seen game of thrones... but my friend is BEGGING me to watch it

is it really that good?? how does it compare bc breaking bad is legendary

also ... it's not a good idea to start watching now in yr 13 with A2s and that is it?
I find them both boring
Original post by LazyBazooka
Breaking Bad.

Spoken like someone who hasn't really been watching Game of Thrones. The things they do aren't for shock value, and why would you think its sexist? It is set in fantasy medieval times where women were of lesser importance to men, which is why its characters like Daenarys and Arya are very important, they are strong female characters. The shock value thing I can only assume you are referring to is the bit in S5 involving a Stark member. That was not a shock value thing, infact if you had even watched the show beforehand you should have been able to see that is was unlikely that anything else would have occurred.
Even the Red Wedding was foreshadowed and was important to plot progression, not for shock value.

Back on topic for OP:

I prefer Game of Thrones for general entertainment but Breaking Bad was a better drama. BB had a gradual slide from drama comedy to full on drama and I really enjoyed Walt's character development. I'm not faulting GoT's character development, the development for loads of characters has been amazing (Jaime and Daenarys being the most developed I think)
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
I find them both boring

What? Compared to the television masterpiece that is Mrs Brown's Boys or The X Factor
breaking bad is fundamentally the better show, but i'm more obsessed with the game of thrones franchise, especially since the books are flawless masterpieces
Reply 16
neither
Could barely get to the 5th episode in Breaking Bad, GoT FTW :woo:
lolling at tsr plebs. Put in a nude scene every once in a while and a gory scene every other time and there's the best series ever. Game of Thrones is the overrated one between the two. Breaking Bad has been consistently praised by audiences all over the world and critics. I didn't read one bad thing about Breaking Bad except from on youtube and tsr apparently.
Game of thrones.
I actually got bored of BB in like season 3..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Latest