The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sk88

I cant access my results and I threw away the ones Id written down yesterday, I know in the easy mock I got about 600 (by their scoring), i think i did fairly well in the hard mock, dont remember medium at all
Reply 2381
Original post by HanaGEM
I cant access my results and I threw away the ones Id written down yesterday, I know in the easy mock I got about 600 (by their scoring), i think i did fairly well in the hard mock, dont remember medium at all

okay thank u :smile:
Original post by HanaGEM
But on a more serious note, I asked my personal tutor for a reference and she said she would but she wouldnt know what to write. So Im a little concerned about this :s who is writing your reference this time?

Oh because I've been working in A&E my matron is doing my reference :smile: so it's all good this time, but my ukcat score was low so I don't think it'll make much of a difference :frown:
Original post by Tanishqa
Ukcatprep? That's Emedica right? You did all the 12 tests? I'm sorry to bug you with so many questions but you scored so well. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol No I'm sure it was just ukcatprep n I only done the free mock test. Didn't pay for the other ones. The mock is very good though:smile: all the best of luck for your test ! :smile:
Original post by mzchocolate
Oh because I've been working in A&E my matron is doing my reference :smile: so it's all good this time, but my ukcat score was low so I don't think it'll make much of a difference :frown:

That sucks :frown: The stats are out soon, dont count your chickens yet ...
Original post by Absorbaloff
That's really unfair, universities are supposed to provide you with references appropriate to your academic ability, personal feelings about students doing different courses shouldn't even come to it. Who will give you a reference if you academic tutor won't?

Yeah, they were awful, but after graduating and having worked for a year, I don't need to rely on them for s reference anymore :tongue: so it's good news
Original post by HanaGEM
That sucks :frown: The stats are out soon, dont count your chickens yet ...

Oh I've thrown in the towel already, cried my eyes out and been a walking grey cloud for the last few days. Given up hope for this year, I felt so deflated I didn't even want to submit my application lol :frown:
Yeah, they were awful, but after graduating and having worked for a year, I don't need to rely on them for s reference anymore :tongue: so it's good news

How long ago did you graduate as some unis insist on an academic ref if its within the last 2 years. Im actually glad mine is being done by uni as I dont want to ask work when i havent even started yet :s
Original post by HanaGEM
How long ago did you graduate as some unis insist on an academic ref if its within the last 2 years. Im actually glad mine is being done by uni as I dont want to ask work when i havent even started yet :s

Only graduated last year and been working fully registered for a year, there was something on ucas that said if you're applying independently and need a reference you can ask someone who will give an accurate representation of your ability. I'm sure I read that an employer could give one. Plus if I already have my degree, I don't see my they'll need a reference about my academic achievements, it can be briefly mentioned in my reference I'm assuming .... :/
Oh I've thrown in the towel already, cried my eyes out and been a walking grey cloud for the last few days. Given up hope for this year, I felt so deflated I didn't even want to submit my application lol :frown:

:frown: if you have to reapply next year it wont be the end of the world, but dont give up just yet
Only graduated last year and been working fully registered for a year, there was something on ucas that said if you're applying independently and need a reference you can ask someone who will give an accurate representation of your ability. I'm sure I read that an employer could give one. Plus if I already have my degree, I don't see my they'll need a reference about my academic achievements, it can be briefly mentioned in my reference I'm assuming .... :/

I cant remember where i read itc, ill let you know if i find it, you reasoning is sound, i just dont want you to miss out if its required.

Its warwick, the site says 'if youve been in he in the last 2 years you should provide an academic referee'
Original post by HanaGEM
Its warwick, the site says 'if youve been in he in the last 2 years you should provide an academic referee'

Oh wow lol, well that's Warwick out of the question lol there is no way I'm begging my university after the hell they put me through last time. If my ukcat results were ace then maybe, but with what I got, I don't think it's worth even asking them. My application isn't that strong enough. Thanks though :smile:
Oh and all the best of luck with your application, I'm sure you'll be fine !
Oh wow lol, well that's Warwick out of the question lol there is no way I'm begging my university after the hell they put me through last time. If my ukcat results were ace then maybe, but with what I got, I don't think it's worth even asking them. My application isn't that strong enough. Thanks though :smile:
Oh and all the best of luck with your application, I'm sure you'll be fine !

Thanks. They also say its not a central part of the selection so may not matter.
Original post by HanaGEM
Thanks. They also say its not a central part of the selection so may not matter.

So I'm guessing the UKCAT is central right ? :/
So I'm guessing the UKCAT is central right ? :/

They look at ukcat and level of study i think
Reply 2396
You can plagiarise yourself, it has happened before and it led to students being rejected. Even if UCAS allows it, whichever University you're applying to will see that all you've done is copy whatever you've written a few years ago, and they will not take it lightly. Would you take in someone who in this much amount of time wasn't able to add to their work experience or can't even be bothered to paraphrase something they've written years ago? It shows lack of improvement and commitment, hence why students get rejected. I do not want to argue with you or anyone for that matter, but straight-up copying something in your PS will lead to your application being rejected - there's no way around it, and better be safe than sorry.
[QUOTE=liam__;59731887]No! This is *******s- you can't plagiarise yourself! The system will realise it was you who wrote the PS the year before.
Original post by ada_t
You can plagiarise yourself, it has happened before and it led to students being rejected.

Source?

Original post by ada_t

Even if UCAS allows it

Which they do.

Original post by ada_t
whichever University you're applying to will see that all you've done is copy whatever you've written a few years ago, and they will not take it lightly. Would you take in someone who in this much amount of time wasn't able to add to their work experience or can't even be bothered to paraphrase something they've written years ago? It shows lack of improvement and commitment, hence why students get rejected.

Correct. But once again, this is not what's being discussed. Of course it looks bad and the uni may choose to reject you because of it, but it is not plagiarism and if somebody did so they would not be flagged for plagiarism by UCAS.

Original post by ada_t
I do not want to argue with you or anyone for that matter, but straight-up copying something in your PS will lead to your application being rejected - there's no way around it, and better be safe than sorry.

We're not arguing. You're misinformed, and I'm explaining why. :smile:
Hi Nina Thank you for your reply. I hope it will work. I try my best to practice in medify.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm aiming to send my application off tomorrow but still stuck on whether to apply for Warwick. I think it could be a huge gamble
Msc BSc graduate but only UKCAT 665 average and VR was by far the lowest with 560.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending