The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Fuuuuuuck, falcons scored 25 unanswered points to come from behind to kick cowboys ass.

Cowboys scored nothing second half.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I literally cannot believe our O line shut out the TEXANS and we freaking lost. Wtf
Reply 1502
Original post by ..DT..
I literally cannot believe our O line shut out the TEXANS and we freaking lost. Wtf

Your kicker is absolutely horrendous.
Original post by Wattsy
Your kicker is absolutely horrendous.

I would cut him. No point having a guy with 60 yard range if he misses chip shots
Reply 1504
Original post by ..DT..
I would cut him. No point having a guy with 60 yard range if he misses chip shots

Exactly!

I'm going on compassionate leave from non-spherical ball game watching anyway so see you in a week. I've not been so frustrated by sports since Van Nistelrooy hit the bar with a 90th minute penalty to allow Arsenal to continue the Invincibles season. I cried that day but on that day I was 9 and not 21.
(edited 8 years ago)
So like..this 49ers - Cards game is quite something.

Especially from the viewpoint of a 49ers fan :frown:
Original post by MrDystopia
So like..this 49ers - Cards game is quite something.

Especially from the viewpoint of a 49ers fan :frown:

Best avatar yet by quite some distance
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Best avatar yet by quite some distance

Yeah think I'll be sticking on this one for quite a while!
On a potential London franchise, as Double Coverage were asking....

No thank you. NFL franchises represent their community. To rip the heart and soul out of Cleveland, Jacksonville, San Diego, Oakland or any of the other 27 places where there is an NFL team would be tragic, especially for such a vanity project. Forget the logistics -- which are just unworkable. It's more about the principle. Right now, if there's any teams which are to be set up in new markets, make them expansion franchises. While I'm at it, the NFL would get more fans if there was more coverage on FTA television, and that's a better way to expand the sport.

Also, bringing back NFL Europe and having it as a main development league would help the NFL. There are a whole bunch of players who don't make practise squads, and have come out of college, but are talented enough to thrive within a farm system, with the right coaching. Brent Grimes benefited from it. The NFL seems to thing the college system is the development league, but this enables college coaches to win how they want (ultimately, why should Baylor have to move to a pro-system, when they win with a spread offense?) and gives the NFL coaching staff more ways at acquiring talent. I think the key to make it work, is to lock each team with a franchise -- like a triple-A game in baseball -- people do go to them, because the talent could eventually get to the big time.
It's things like California's onside kick recovery after scoring a touchdown which is why I love College football. Heck, Indiana are giving tOSU a good go of things.

Alabama @ Georgia is..well...a massacre. The Tide are up 4 touchdowns, with 11 minutes in the fourth quarter to go. Their defensive front is even better than last year, and they've completely made Nick Chubb -- the best running back in college football -- a complete non-factor, in front of a whole bunch of NFL scouts. (well, apart from one 83 yard scamper)

And to think Finebaum was suggesting that Saban's Alabama dynasty was over if they lost. Seems like they self-destructed more than anything against Ole Miss, although Ole Miss are looking like the real deal this season and had a very well-executed football game. Alabama still look the class of the SEC. TCU, Baylor, Michigan State, Ole Miss and Utah, look like contenders.

I love the way Indiana are coming back against tOSU. Ezekial Elliott gets an 80 odd yard touchdown to put tOSU up 14 in the fourth quarter, and Indiana respond with a 79 yard TD rush of their own.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1511

I'll update the OP with this. Good that Beeb have it now I just hope they do it justice which they probably won't,
On the way to Wembley :biggrin:

Going head-to-head with the Rugby? Okay, that's brave.

Better late than never for the BBC to show some football, I guess.
What a wild night of college football.

#3 Ole Miss were drowned in The Swamp. Florida 5-0 and looking like SEC-East contenders. Quality wins against Tennessee and Ole Miss, now.
#13 Alabama absolutely destroyed #8 Georgia. Saban clearly doesn't like that under-dog tag, as he has an insane record when Bama are the underdogs.
#4 TCU dropped a 50-burger on what was supposed to be a good Texas team with a great defense. Completely routed them.
Leonard Fournette had his third 200 yard rushing game of the season, as #9 LSU feasted on their first cupcake of the season.
#6 Notre Dame rally late, but still lose (without their #1 QB) to an impressive-looking #12 Clemson team.
Arizona blown out by #18 Stanford in PAC12 play.
Texas Tech have looked impressive this season, but #5 Baylor destroyed them.
Kansas State lose a shootout with #20 Oklahoma state, 34-36.
Arizona State blow out #7 UCLA on the road, in PAC12 play.
The 1-4 Purdue Broilermakers were driving for the win,against #2 Michigan State
In a defensive game, Iowa defeated #19 Wisconsin, 10-6, on the road.
#1 Ohio State, #11 Florida State were given big scares in conference play.
#24 Caifornia used an onside kick recovery to score a TD to secure the win against Washington State.
#16 Northwestern have finally built a decent team, and shut out Minnesota.
#22 Michigan actually look like contenders in the Big Ten with a second consecutive shut out.

I'd hate to come up with the rankings after all of that...but Florida would have to be moved into the top-10 at least. It's time to believe the hype.
Original post by jammy4041
Going head-to-head with the Rugby? Okay, that's brave.

Better late than never for the BBC to show some football, I guess.

Yea, they have it instead of channel four this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
On the way to Wembley :biggrin:

Have fun!!

I'm off to the next one. And the regent Street stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1517
Days like this I wish I didn't live so far away from London. We had Scotland and South Africa fans everywhere in Newcastle yesterday which was pretty cool but NFL>Rugby for me.
Original post by Wattsy
Days like this I wish I didn't live so far away from London. We had Scotland and South Africa fans everywhere in Newcastle yesterday which was pretty cool but NFL>Rugby for me.

Same. Next year I'm just gonna book time off and go.
Reply 1519
Original post by ..DT..
Same. Next year I'm just gonna book time off and go.

I went last year and it was awesome, next year I'll (hopefully) have a real job so I could be anywhere, maybe work will take me down to London and make it easy? If I lived there I'd probably forgo a holiday to get hold of a Season Pass for all of the games though some will be moving to the Olympic Stadium next year I think which is obviously just as accessible but I'm not so sure it will put the NFL spectacle on as well.

Quick Reply

Latest