The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
I'm feeling good about the game today. We'll see our key players back in the side today and I think we'll look a lot better.

We're looking for about 2 points per game, if we win today we'll be on 14 points from 8 games which isn't far off + we will have played 4 tough away games (Stoke, Arsenal, Man Utd, Everton).
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1443958479.114965.jpg

Unchanged XI from Villa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mr tim
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1443958479.114965.jpg

Unchanged XI from Villa

Posted from TSR Mobile

What happened to benteke? No one gives a **** about him anymore
World class save by Mignolet there.
We should be 1-0 down.

EDIT: Another save, Jesus! Top goalkeeping here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ings 1-0!!!

Didn't see that coming, too easy.
Reply 605
Can a red card waiting to happen.

Was raging at Ings for not playing in Sturridge but he scored from the corner so :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax
Can a red card waiting to happen.

Was raging at Ings for not playing in Sturridge but he scored from the corner so :colondollar:

Agree; we need to get him off at HT.

Hahahaha I was exactly the same mate; screaming at the screen.
Ings knew....
1-1, awful defending as usual but it's no more than Everton deserve.
Reply 608
Original post by Lúcio
Agree; we need to get him off at HT.

Hahahaha I was exactly the same mate; screaming at the screen.
Ings knew....

Well he gifted the goal to Everton too. Only a matter of time before he gets sent off.
Well he gifted the goal to Everton too. Only a matter of time before he gets sent off.

His end to the half was bloody awful.
Would seriously advise bringing on Gomez.

Overall a pretty poor showing from us - Everton pegged us back way more than they should be allowed to.
Sturridge and Coutinho were completely invisible for large periods of the game but in fairness their presence could be felt more and more as the half went on.

Mignolet the only reason we aren't behind.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 610
Mignolet had a good half in terms of his fantastic saves. Distribution still isn't great but he's done the simple things right.

Moreno has generally had Deulofeu in his pocket. This shape suits him and Sakho is more composed at that LCB position than Gomez is. Sakho's been our best defender so far.

Skrtel gets in to do all the last ditch tackling but the backing off is so bad.. he's back into his own goal if he could.

Can is not a defender. I'm not convinced he's suited to the type of football Rodgers wants to play generally. Having a bit of a mare. We should bring Gomez on and have him play RCB imo.

Milner and Lucas haven't been great in the middle. Sturridge and Ings doing some stuff right but not getting involved enough either. Coutinho gets smothered as soon as he gets the ball.
Reply 611
At least it's been a good game to watch so far! A few derbies recently have been terrible matches to watch.
At least it's been a good game to watch so far! A few derbies recently have been terrible matches to watch.

Yeh i'm enjoying it, nice to see a good mid table scrap before the big boys play later
Savage.
Moreno let the ball in for the goal, criminal
Didn't GNev say something similar to Carragher this week. It was rather amusing.
Reply 616
Original post by sr90
Yeh i'm enjoying it, nice to see a good mid table scrap before the big boys play later

Ah least we'll only be a point behind you after today.
Mignolet had a good half in terms of his fantastic saves. Distribution still isn't great but he's done the simple things right.

Moreno has generally had Deulofeu in his pocket. This shape suits him and Sakho is more composed at that LCB position than Gomez is. Sakho's been our best defender so far.

Skrtel gets in to do all the last ditch tackling but the backing off is so bad.. he's back into his own goal if he could.

Can is not a defender. I'm not convinced he's suited to the type of football Rodgers wants to play generally. Having a bit of a mare. We should bring Gomez on and have him play RCB imo.

Milner and Lucas haven't been great in the middle. Sturridge and Ings doing some stuff right but not getting involved enough either. Coutinho gets smothered as soon as he gets the ball.

Think we just gotta accept that his distribution will always be poor. As long as he's making saves like that it's a good enough price to pay in my opinion.

Agree; Moreno has had a really good half - only for the goal where you could say he should've done better.
Sakho is our best defender in general so that's unsurprising :tongue:
Love how the commentators were saying he's "nervous" on the ball - they know nothing...

The issue I have is that Skrtel's backing off can't be compensated for by a CB partner.
Normally a pairing allows one to make up for the failings of another but if Skrtel is backing off, Sakho can't exactly run out of position to sort it out.
He has been a good defender for us over the years but until Sakho gets a good CB partner, our defence will continue to concede dumb goals.

Problem is that Can is clearly not a defender but he also isn't good enough to be in our midfield so either he plays there or he doesn't get in to the team.
I do expect Gomez for Can at HT. Come on Rodgers, have some sense...

Milner has been running around as always but very hit and miss.
I didn't even realise Lucas was playing.
Coutinho is getting smothered which is good play from Everton but it's up to our other attackers to help stop that by having a little movement of their own.
Distract the Everton players and Coutinho will have the space he needs.
Why didn't Mignolet collect that high ball?
Reply 619
We should be taking off Ings for Allen or Lallana. The two up front aren't getting any service so we should be adding an extra midfield player.

Latest