The Student Room Group

Is feminism a religion?

Poll

Is feminism a religion?

The patriarchy: an intangible, mythical version of reality. This is their God. In that context, and considering their intolerance of all contrary opinions, their desire to highlight every 'moral' wrong in society and their desire to manufacture an opposing 'other' (not the devil, just men), feminism is nothing more than a modern religion (its holy text is The Feminine Mystique, written by Betty Friedan, i.e., a communist).

Despite our secular tradition, it's firmly implanted within the state apparatus and attempting to control our lives. Their temples are 'safe spaces' in Higher Education, or women-only groups and clubs, or gender studies departments. All opposing temples are blasphemous. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-31729699

Their missionaries are Guardian journalists (see Jessica Valenti, or Laura Bates), The BBC (a feminist post every other day) and most other news organisations, including, even The Telegraph (now a proponent of 'gender neutral parenting and notions like '1 in 3 women are raped on UK campuses'). They worship the vagina, in pretty much every way possible, particularly in stipulating its right to 'bleed freely.' It's coveted as their most potent weapon; the most powerful weapon in society which can make all non-believers conform upon blossoming.

So, we've got:

Deity: The Patriarchy. A mythical, intangible 'reality.'
Holy text: The Feminine Mystique, written by Betty Friedan, a communist.
Missionaries: numerous MSM organisations and prominent authors, including The BBC (see women's hour) and The Guardian.
Temples: women-only groups, gender studies departments and 'safe spaces' in Higher Education, to 'worship.'
Shrine: The vagina, resting upon the altar of 'the right to not be offended.'

They also like to wax lyrical about their divine interventions.

50 years ago 'feminism' freed women from the awful shackles of the evil, oppressive patriarchy, after centuries of being placed in servitude by a system which afforded women the right to all of their husband's wealth at the behest of the legal system, which sent millions of men to their death to protect women (with women egging them on by pinning white feathers to all men not in military uniform during WW1 - the white feather was a symbol of cowardice), which inflicted the most horrible punishments upon men (which were never inflicted upon women) and placed women in a position of home maker owing to the fact every single job in existence at the time was manual labour.

Women were freed by 'feminism' from this 'oppression.' They didn't have to die for their freedom to, say, vote, like men did, it was just handed to them. Even the right to vote was extended to women at the same time as it was extended to men, but only to women over 30. Men had to die in their millions during world war 1 to gain the right to vote, feminism won the same victory without a pint of blood spilt.

'Feminism' freed women from the intangible, non-existent constraints of the 'patriarchy', which has never had, and never will be represented by, any formal organisation - it just 'exists.' Many deem the patriarchy to be men operating in concert to 'keep women down', however, when women 'keep other women down' they are invariably referred to as women who harbour 'internal misogyny.'

Many feminists believe it's rich and powerful men keeping the patriarchy alive and they all operate in concert to 'keep women down', yet, these same rich and powerful men give feminism everything it wants, including a place in our legislation (The Equality Act, and numerous other Acts of Parliament), our public sector (gender quotas), our charity sector (state funding for women's rights organisations), our popular culture (when was the last time a man wasn't portrayed as a bumbling idiot and subservient to his more intelligent wife in a sitcom?) our higher education system (gender quotas, grants, funding) and our parliament (feminists even wore 'this is what a feminist looks like' t-shirts IN Parliament last year).

In the absence of a tangible reality, the 'patriarchy' takes on a mythological form. It requires 'faith.' When you have to compete with faith, you have to contend with arguments including but not limited to 'the patriarchy exists because you can't prove otherwise.' Anyone who challenges their 'faith' is kicked into social exile, including women.

Welcome to the new religion and the inevitable outcome of identity politics.

[video="youtube;iARHCxAMAO0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah! I hate when you offer someone a sincere complement on their moustache ...and then she won't talk to you anymore :s-smilie:

Feminism is truly ruining our society
Reply 2
Depends entirely upon the definition of religion you're going to take, so yes it could potentially be considered one much like Scientology is somehow considered a religion despite no holy book nor no deity.
Original post by Inexorably
Depends entirely upon the definition of religion you're going to take, so yes it could potentially be considered one much like Scientology is somehow considered a religion despite no holy book nor no deity.

Reply 4
Original post by TheCitizenAct

Lmfaooo +1
It is an ideology rather than religion.
Reply 8
I can't believe I'm engaging with this but what I don't get is that you pose the patriarchy as the feminist's 'God', when the patriarchy represents everything feminists are against. You should have chosen something that feminists 'worship'.

2/10 on this one. You get points for making me bite.
Original post by abc:)
I can't believe I'm engaging with this but what I don't get is that you pose the patriarchy as the feminist's 'God', when the patriarchy represents everything feminists are against. You should have chosen something that feminists 'worship'.

2/10 on this one. You get points for making me bite.

God is intangible. Like the patriarchy. It doesn't exist, they just believe in it. It's all faith based - it requires a leap of faith. It's pretty simple really.

It's not trolling, it's just observation and an accurate reflection on feminism's ability to perpetuate mythology. All non-believers are blasphemous and cast into social exile like the heretics they are, see Tim Hunt and Matt Taylor.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
God is intangible. Like the patriarchy. It doesn't exist, they just believe in it. It's all faith based. It's pretty simple really.

It's not trolling, it's just observation and an accurate reflection on feminism's ability to perpetuate mythology. All non-believers are blasphemous and cast into social exile like the heretics they are, see Tim Hunt and Matt Taylor.

Yeah but god is worshipped by his followers, unlike the patriarchy by feminists. It's a rubbish comparison.
it's more of a joke
Original post by abc:)
Yeah but god is worshipped by his followers, unlike the patriarchy by feminists. It's a rubbish comparison.

It's an accurate reflection on reality. Feminism is a religion. It believes in something it can't prove, it believes in a mythology, much like every religion on the planet. If God is the wrong conceptualisation for you, then opt for the Devil. It's still a mythical belief.

All non-believers, particularly women, are heretics. I've never seen so many feminists as angry as they were when 'women against feminism' was set-up. It was like they wanted to lynch them for heretical behaviour.
Reply 13
FB_IMG_1443864202463.jpg
Leftism has religious characteristics that is quite easy to notice. Shares quite a few similarities with some of the weirder minor Christian sects except that the major difference is that the heaven of the left is meant to be on this world rather than the next world. This, along with the obsession with equality that comes out of some forms of Christianity, makes leftism a very dangerous religion that instead of working to build up the civilisation and maintain social order like most religions, seeks to destroy the social order and replace it with what they think utopia is.
Reply 15
It's an accurate reflection on reality. Feminism is a religion. It believes in something it can't prove, it believes in a mythology, much like every religion on the planet. If God is the wrong conceptualisation for you, then opt for the Devil. It's still a mythical belief.

All non-believers, particularly women, are heretics. I've never seen so many feminists as angry as they were when 'women against feminism' was set-up. It was like they wanted to lynch them for heretical behaviour.

There you go. It's all about getting a good analogy. I'm demoting you to 1/10 for taking so long
Reply 16
No but I know Islam, Christianity,Sikhism and Buddhism is a religion. :judge:

Spoiler

Aah I just read this, I have no more interest in engaging in nonsenical rubbish with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending