The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Scene's when you bring in Big Sam
Doubt we will get Ancelotti (will go to Chelsea), but for Liverpool fans who would you rather have? Klopp or Ancelotti?

Inb4 Sam Allardyce joins Liverpool on a 5 year deal.
(edited 8 years ago)
Poor decision, deserved a few more games. We're not even a week into October. Should not have been trusted with summer funds.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WesterosWildling
They can't have sacked him so suddenly without a replacement lined up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Lúcio
Surely we have Klopp/Ancelotti waiting?

I see it as the international break giving you ample time to find a replacement.
Original post by samir12
It would have been more appropriate for the occasion if it was Liverpool that got torn apart today and not United lol. Timing is weird as a draw at Everton wasn't a terrible result but with international break, perhaps it was the sensible time to do it.

Agree, it gives you a decent amount of time to at least start contacting the next successor.

Although its pretty evident who its going to be. :frown:
Original post by Rk2k14
Agree, it gives you a decent amount of time to at least start contacting the next successor.

Although its pretty evident who its going to be. :frown:

You guys are getting Pep though, dreading that day as United will be back on their throne in the PL, LvG has done a decent job building a squad to challenge, not quite there yet but enough for Pep to get started.
Well, that was unexpected. Would have thought it would have been after the Stoke game last season.
Original post by WesterosWildling
They can't have sacked him so suddenly without a replacement lined up
Posted from TSR Mobile

that's the first thing my mum said when i just told her

i'd be really surprised if we brought in another inexperienced manager like Monk because it clearly didn't work with Rodgers.

Original post by Bromaldehyde
I really , really hope so man.

FSG aren't dumb; surely by now they realise we need experience both on and off the pitch.

Original post by Rk2k14
Thanks Liverpool for taking all the headlines away from us:colondollar:

You're welcome man, we do what we can :biggrin:

It's a shame because i liked Rodgers for a long time but he just got more and more annoying with every loss.
His interviews were the worst.

As a general fan, do you think i'm deluded to think Klopp is surely coming?
Original post by samir12
You guys are getting Pep though, dreading that day as United will be back on their throne in the PL, LvG has done a decent job building a squad to challenge, not quite there yet but enough for Pep to get started.

Yaah, matter of when not if. Can easily see him being appointed at the end of the season providing the results are not up to a good enough standard. If not, then next season fo so.
Reply 689
Liverpool lining up Mourinho?
Original post by Lúcio
that's the first thing my mum said when i just told her

i'd be really surprised if we brought in another inexperienced manager like Monk because it clearly didn't work with Rodgers.

FSG aren't dumb; surely by now they realise we need experience both on and off the pitch.

You're welcome man, we do what we can :biggrin:

It's a shame because i liked Rodgers for a long time but he just got more and more annoying with every loss.
His interviews were the worst.

As a general fan, do you think i'm deluded to think Klopp is surely coming?

Of course not, as soon as Klopp made his statement it was pretty much set in stone.

Actually a bit worried now, and don't see why people are saying it shouldn't have happened now. You're not far from top 4 and with a suitable manager you'll have more than enough time to 'top 4 charge'. Smart decision imo. If you'd have waited until Christmas then the gap could have been even bigger.
StraightOuttaSomewhere.jpg
holy ****! I didn't expect it so soon! In a state of shock right now. I assume FSG will bring in Klopp/Ancelotti now, surely they wouldn't fire BR without a replacement.
Original post by samir12

Tbh Hynecks can destroy a pep squad so not really invincible. But I would hate to see PEP going to UTD or Chelsea or City!

Original post by The.Joker
holy ****! I didn't expect it so soon! In a state of shock right now. I assume FSG will bring in Klopp/Ancelotti now, surely they wouldn't fire BR without a replacement.

Facebook "experts" who knows "people" saying LFC is lining Klopp

Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Poor decision, deserved a few more games. We're not even a week into October. Should not have been trusted with summer funds.
More like giving a BETTER manager a decent time to unlock the potential in the squad. Should have gone last season!
(edited 8 years ago)
Shame.
Original post by samir12
Doubt we will get Ancelotti (will go to Chelsea), but for Liverpool fans who would you rather have? Klopp or Ancelotti?

Inb4 Sam Allardyce joins Liverpool on a 5 year deal.

Didn't Chelsea sack Ancelotti though?

That's tough - Ancelotti is a world class manager but i feel like we're below him. You have to question whether he'd commit his long term future here. I doubt he would.
Klopp would suit us perfectly so is probably the better long term option.

inb4 Rodgers to Chelsea, Mourinho to United, Klopp to Liverpool

Didn't like Rodgers as our manager but i'm inclined to agree.
Perhaps it's a desperate move to try to salvage the season if they think Rodgers will have already ruined it by Xmas?

Lets be honest, nobody knows a thing - let's just wait a few days and see how it goes.

Original post by sr90
I see it as the international break giving you ample time to find a replacement.

FSG are pretty careful and Liverpool are a top club - do you really think they'd make such a decision without having somebody waiting?

I'm convinced they already have somebody; if they didn't they would've just kept Rodgers around until it's sorted.
Perhaps they've been looking for a while and it was sorted this week so he was going today regardless?
Reckon you'll get Ancelotti. You are below him, but where else can he go?

Original post by Lúcio
Didn't Chelsea sack Ancelotti though?

That's tough - Ancelotti is a world class manager but i feel like we're below him. You have to question whether he'd commit his long term future here. I doubt he would.
Klopp would suit us perfectly so is probably the better long term option.
Original post by Rk2k14
Of course not, as soon as Klopp made his statement it was pretty much set in stone.

Actually a bit worried now, and don't see why people are saying it shouldn't have happened now. You're not far from top 4 and with a suitable manager you'll have more than enough time to 'top 4 charge'. Smart decision imo. If you'd have waited until Christmas then the gap could have been even bigger.

That's the logical thing to think but as a Liverpool fan i really don't want to build my hopes up...

We're 4 points behind Arsenal/United and considering we've played some tough fixtures so far, things aren't THAT bad.
I do feel like we have more points than we deserve though - we really should be in a similar place to Chelsea based on performances but i'm not gonna complain...

That's precisely my thinking - perhaps FSG are terrified that the gap will be too large by Xmas and are desperate to try to get this season to be a good one, even with a managerial change.

Original post by sr90

Mate i'd take any half decent manager with proven quality at a top club.

I'm just actually bricking it that we'll get Monk.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Ancelloti is canada undergoing an operation :confused:

He is not exactly unemployed if what his wife said is true

Totally agree with that. He should have been fired in the summer if FSG weren't willing to give him till xmas/jan transfer window.

It's been an up/down ride with BR, the 13/14 season will be burned into my memory forever. More or less enjoyed most games that season and SAS were phenomenal. Such a shame we couldn't win the prem then. I think BR will end up at a mid table team and do well there. He doesn't have the pragmatism and experience yet to become an elite level manager. Liverpool was just a step too far for him.

Latest