The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pimped Butterfly
I don't read the thread as much as I used to now but I think someone said something like 'outside of Coutinho and Sturridge' they wouldn't care who was replaced from the current squad... I'd say Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Benteke, Sakho, Clyne, Firmino is the makings of a good squad. After that it's really about a manager's talent in getting the best out of lesser players. Klopp did win two titles with Schmelzer at LB and he's never been better than average, and eg from our squad Moreno probably has a higher ceiling too. Really we need a good ball playing CM in, we need to get Milner wide, and we need a proper centreback. We're good to go after that.

I don't think your squad needs a huge upheaval, with a proper manager it isn't too far away from Arsenal or United (or Chelsea the way they're currently playing). You need another keeper as well, and probably a winger too. If Klopp hits the ground running who's to say you can't finish in the top four this season, with most of your difficult games already out of the way?

Original post by Lúcio
Lets be honest, it's by far the most likely outcome.
Don't want to get my hopes up too much just yet but it has been very probable for a while that Klopp was to be our next manager.

How do you feel about that if it happens?

Well it's been inevitable for a while that Rodgers would go and Klopp or Ancelotti would replace him. As I said above, I don't think your squad needs too many additions to be contending for the top four. The new manager will inject some optimism into the club for the first time since Suarez left and that alone will make a massive difference.

Will be a shame as well because I like Klopp and i'm automatically programmed to hate anything associated with LFC.
**** me, still can't believe we paid that much for Lovren, up there with Andy Caroll in the history of worst transfers.
FSG finally whipped. Good decision to give him his marching orders. No aspiring team would want an inexperienced manager who couldn't pick a talented footballer even if he was there right in front of his eyes.

With 3+ years and 300million greens, he had tangibly nothing to show for himself, or the team. His flashes of arrogance before having any taste of success disgusted me and I'm glad he is given the boot.

No owners in the Premier league would have tolerated rodgers for this long. He managed to waste funds quite comprehensively and consistently (lovren, Lallana, Ballo, Benteke (his philosophy was never based around a target man)) burnt bridges with colleagues (Reina, Agger, Sahin, Enrique) and even backstabbed his backroom staff (could be a far fetched claim)

He was way too inexperienced to handle a team like Liverpool and he probably will be for another 5 years. However, Klopp is also inexperienced and I don't really prefer him (though it looks like its the inevitable), but I hope by the power of the Gods, Simone will fly to Melwood for demanding the hot seat.
Your next manager will have 2 days to prepare your team for the spurs. Really strange time.
Original post by atom y humber
You're next manager will have 2 days to prepare your team for the spurs. Really strange time.

It's international break?
Reply 725
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
FSG finally whipped. Good decision to give him his marching orders. No aspiring team would want an inexperienced manager who couldn't pick a talented footballer even if he was there right in front of his eyes.

With 3+ years and 300million greens, he had tangibly nothing to show for himself, or the team. His flashes of arrogance before having any taste of success disgusted me and I'm glad he is given the boot.

No owners in the Premier league would have tolerated rodgers for this long. He managed to waste funds quite comprehensively and consistently (lovren, Lallana, Ballo, Benteke (his philosophy was never based around a target man)) burnt bridges with colleagues (Reina, Agger, Sahin, Enrique) and even backstabbed his backroom staff (could be a far fetched claim)

He was way too inexperienced to handle a team like Liverpool and he probably will be for another 5 years. However, Klopp is also inexperienced and I don't really prefer him (though it looks like its the inevitable), but I hope by the power of the Gods, Simone will fly to Melwood for demanding the hot seat.

14 years of management, about 4 of them in the CL, 2 league titles, 1 CL final. What more do you want
Original post by samir12

With many players going to their national teams...
Original post by DiceTheSlice
What happened to benteke? No one gives a **** about him anymore

Was injured, not fit for today.

There were some rumours that today would be BR's last game in charge, but I wasn't expecting him to be sacked today - some time during the internationals if these rumors were to be believed. Correct decision, imo terrible performances, terrible transfers, stupid pressers.

Hunter saying we've not approched Klopp yet.
Original post by samir12
**** me, still can't believe we paid that much for Lovren, up there with Andy Caroll in the history of worst transfers.

At least Lovren isn't your captain, guaranteed to start every game and earning £300k per week.

Original post by ShotsFired-9941
Klopp is also inexperienced

I hope you mean in English football because otherwise that's a very bizarre comment.
(edited 8 years ago)
The Liverpool echo have narrowed the options down to Ancelotti, Klopp, Simeone, Mourinho and Villas-Boas

Original post by sr90
At least Lovren isn't your captain, guaranteed to start every game and earning £300k per week.

I hope you mean in English football because otherwise that's a very bizarre comment.

Rooney is going through a terrible patch though, he can get better, just needs to be taken out of the firing line for some time. Lovren is just bad no matter the form.
Original post by samir12

Yh
Original post by samir12
Rooney is going through a terrible patch though, he can get better, just needs to be taken out of the firing line for some time. Lovren is just bad no matter the form.

Is it a ''terrible patch'' if it's lasted for 8 months?

Original post by The Shed End
The Liverpool echo have narrowed the options down to Ancelotti, Klopp, Simeone, Mourinho and Villas-Boas

Please appoint AVB. Please.
Original post by sr90
Well it's been inevitable for a while that Rodgers would go and Klopp or Ancelotti would replace him. As I said above, I don't think your squad needs too many additions to be contending for the top four. The new manager will inject some optimism into the club for the first time since Suarez left and that alone will make a massive difference.

Will be a shame as well because I like Klopp and i'm automatically programmed to hate anything associated with LFC.

True, our first team isn't that bad - a GK, CB and CM would transform us completely in to a top team imo.
Our squad depth is definitely lacking though.

I think that's the main thing - a lot of our players vary wildly as a result of confidence and momentum, so bringing in a new manager should really result in some great performances.
I would just hope that the new guy takes a no nonsense approach to begin with; not being scared to drop a player if he isn't performing.

Yeah that must be annoying; everybody likes Klopp tbh though.

Original post by The Shed End

Dat journalism skill :coma:

Original post by sr90
Please appoint AVB. Please.

I'd cry.
Reply 734
Michael Laudrup will be the next Liverpool manager.
I will be happy with either Klopp or Simeone. I can't see it being Simeone so that leaves Klopp.
Reply 736
Ridiculous to sack him after backing him so heavily in the summer. Key players are injured and we're still only 4 points off 2nd.

That being said, Klopp does excite me. There is so much negativity around the club and he's one person who can bring everyone around on the same page.
Tears for Brenda.
Klopp seems to be in most media as 1st target. Anchelotti also mentioned as being in UK.
The right call.

And better to get it done now and early than half way through the season. I wish him all the best, he got us champions league football and got us closest to the title since Rafa and he gave us Coutinho and Sturridge. So he deserves credit.

But performances this season have been abysmal, and the thing is there is no sign of it improving. His press conferences and post match interviews show a man who is devoid of confidence and ideas. Like he's on auto pilot.

I think it's best for both parties that he departs. He will be able to get s good job somewhere else though.

Latest