The Student Room Group

How do I respond to my ex contacting me

We had a devastating break up over my boyfriends friendship with another girl who then started seeing and we severed contact at Easter . I Still loved him but tried to move on . He got in touch again during freshers week saying he'd like to get to know me again to see if we still have feelings for each other. How do I respond ...? We've been texting a bit but I'm worried I might get hurt again because if I contact him it's sometimes days before he replies so feel he is already playing games . Any ideas how to tell him I'm interested but won't take any mind games. I'm not even sure he wants a relationship serious relationship while at un and if he is with another girl which I suspect why is he in touch with his ex?? Please help
I had similar situation with my ex-gf. My advice is to move on. Or tell him. that you want to see changes in him.
The best variant is to find a person who you like and who is nice to you and stick to him.
Reply 2
I'd guess he went for this other girl and it didn't work out so now he is trying to come back to you. How long until he starts fancying another girl again and this whole situation repeats?

Also whats the hurry? Chat with him if you want and if he is still single by next summer then go out with him.
What ? He was seeing another girl when he was with you ? So her basically cheated on you ? My advice is tell him to F off why should he treat you like that ? A relationship is a two way thing and wont work if both arent interested its not going to work. And if he really liked/loved you he wouldnt have let you go the first time. You are worth a lot more and WILL find someone better than him someone who respects you. Its hard moving on I know but you have to do it, its life. Go out see friends even if its on your own you will still feel better. BTW how old are you.
You could say: "Would you like some toast?"
Reply 5
Original post by redleader1
What ? He was seeing another girl when he was with you ? So her basically cheated on you ? My advice is tell him to F off why should he treat you like that ? A relationship is a two way thing and wont work if both arent interested its not going to work. And if he really liked/loved you he wouldnt have let you go the first time. You are worth a lot more and WILL find someone better than him someone who respects you. Its hard moving on I know but you have to do it, its life. Go out see friends even if its on your own you will still feel better. BTW how old are you.

We are both 22 and we were each other's first loves for years which makes it hard to let go I guess :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
We are both 22 and we were each other's first loves for years which makes it hard to let go I guess :frown:

Yeah true but like I stated before and others have he wouldnt have let you go if he loved you, not only that you WILL find someone better. I know it might seem hard but think about it could get worse, you make up and he goes out with someone else.

Where you live around your county you'll probably have like 1million single guys there or less but thats still a lot, so you will have a chance to meet more people.:smile:

Anyway whats your decision ? What have you done.
Reply 7
Yeah true but like I stated before and others have he wouldnt have let you go if he loved you, not only that you WILL find someone better. I know it might seem hard but think about it could get worse, you make up and he goes out with someone else.

Where you live around your county you'll probably have like 1million single guys there or less but thats still a lot, so you will have a chance to meet more people.:smile:

Anyway whats your decision ? What have you done.

Yeah I get that and as soon as I show interest he backs off again it's almost like he wants to give me just enough attention to stop me seeing anyone else :frown:
Yeah I get that and as soon as I show interest he backs off again it's almost like he wants to give me just enough attention to stop me seeing anyone else :frown:

Yeah he's playing you :frown:. He likes the attention you give him so you don't see anyone. He's doing it so you don't see anyone in case he wants a cuddle or something.

But trust me move on its only going to hurt more in the long term. Even if you text back saying you don't want talk to him he would probably just say ok and br gone as it sounds as if he dosent care.

You will find someone better someone who cares too. If it hurts watch videos on YouTube like life motivation they really help. Or how to get over a break up videos there a bit cheesy but some have relevant points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Yeah he's playing you :frown:. He likes the attention you give him so you don't see anyone. He's doing it so you don't see anyone in case he wants a cuddle or something.

But trust me move on its only going to hurt more in the long term. Even if you text back saying you don't want talk to him he would probably just say ok and br gone as it sounds as if he dosent care.

You will find someone better someone who cares too. If it hurts watch videos on YouTube like life motivation they really help. Or how to get over a break up videos there a bit cheesy but some have relevant points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really helpful thank you so much 😃 You must know each other ! He has no real interest in meeting up for ages just keeps making empty promises . Thanks again
That's really helpful thank you so much 😃 You must know each other ! He has no real interest in meeting up for ages just keeps making empty promises . Thanks again

Cool follow me :smile:

I been in your situation before, ex girlfriend dropped me then tried to come running back later. Seriously don't contact him, he is not worth it and only see's you as a fall back option.
We had a devastating break up over my boyfriends friendship with another girl who then started seeing and we severed contact at Easter . I Still loved him but tried to move on . He got in touch again during freshers week saying he'd like to get to know me again to see if we still have feelings for each other. How do I respond ...? We've been texting a bit but I'm worried I might get hurt again because if I contact him it's sometimes days before he replies so feel he is already playing games . Any ideas how to tell him I'm interested but won't take any mind games. I'm not even sure he wants a relationship serious relationship while at un and if he is with another girl which I suspect why is he in touch with his ex?? Please help

Ignore him is the usual advise at the best of times. More-so now you're at uni, he's in your past and would only be a distraction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending