The Student Room Group

Economics (and Management)

Can any uni students who are taking this course give me some advice of how to get onto the course? (GCSE'S 3A*'s, 6A's, 1 B)
Reply 1
Or a Geography Course :tongue:
Your chances are slim to be honest, you will have to perform exceptionally well on the TSA to be considered for interview, but it will be tough.
E&M and Geography are very different subjects , have you nailed down exactly what and why you want to study a subject as you should look to decide that before progressing with university choices.

but yes E&M is notoriously difficult to get a place for.
Reply 3
Original post by uniqsummer
Your chances are slim to be honest, you will have to perform exceptionally well on the TSA to be considered for interview, but it will be tough.
E&M and Geography are very different subjects , have you nailed down exactly what and why you want to study a subject as you should look to decide that before progressing with university choices.

but yes E&M is notoriously difficult to get a place for.

I'm in year 12, studying Maths, Economics and Geography
Our GCSEs are identical and I am starting tomorrow, so don't worry about that.

Just get a killer TSA score and focus your PS on a particular interest.

PM or quote me if you have specific qs mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrinceUpsb
Our GCSEs are identical and I am starting tomorrow, so don't worry about that.

Just get a killer TSA score and focus your PS on a particular interest.

PM or quote me if you have specific qs mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya, sorry to hijack this but would really appreciate your help. I intend to apply for E&M aswell and really need some suggestions of books to read- though I've recently chosen a classic one however as interesting as it is, it's extremely complex meaning I do not understand everything being discussed. Had 7A*s,3As and a D at GCSE and currently undertaking Further Maths,Economics,Physics and law at A-level*just started and really enjoying the course btw. Anyway thanks in advance for any advice☺
Original post by Charles Adjei
Hiya, sorry to hijack this but would really appreciate your help. I intend to apply for E&M aswell and really need some suggestions of books to read- though I've recently chosen a classic one however as interesting as it is, it's extremely complex meaning I do not understand everything being discussed. Had 7A*s,3As and a D at GCSE and currently undertaking Further Maths,Economics,Physics and law at A-level*just started and really enjoying the course btw. Anyway thanks in advance for any advice☺

What areas of E or M specifically interest you? I.e some people are most interested in macro policy, development econ, some might like the markets. I focussed on behavioural economics in my PS.

Tell me what you would like to focus on (e.g. Perhaps a physics spin or a law spin? Whatever you like) and I can recommend some stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrinceUpsb
What areas of E or M specifically interest you? I.e some people are most interested in macro policy, development econ, some might like the markets. I focussed on behavioural economics in my PS.

Tell me what you would like to focus on (e.g. Perhaps a physics spin or a law spin? Whatever you like) and I can recommend some stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Currently not certain however with the limited experience I've gained in lessons, macro econimics seems more enticing.

Personally, I believe a physics/mathsy spin would suit me best as I'm the kind of person who likes delving into why things are the way they are
Original post by Charles Adjei
Currently not certain however with the limited experience I've gained in lessons, macro econimics seems more enticing.

Personally, I believe a physics/mathsy spin would suit me best as I'm the kind of person who likes delving into why things are the way they are

What about game theory? Can put a maths spin on logical thinking etc. Unfortunately not sure of any books that are economics X physics but give it a search I'm sure you could find something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending