The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
While Alexis, Ozil, Santi etc tore united a new one today, Coq really played a huge part. How long before he's allowed to be considered class?

I didn't think he was pivotal today tbh. First 20 minutes consisted of you beating United's press (taking the midfield out of the equation) and then exploiting Young's defensive frailties, chucked in with two moments of magic from Alexis. After that United were laboured, there was no dynamism in midfield with Carrick-Schweinsteiger being too immobile so there were generally long balls or "safe balls" played into Rooney who was dropping deep, and he's been **** for United all season. Cazorla ran the show for you in midfield, he instigated the attacks from deep and you blew United apart in the first 20 with pace. Would've been interested to see how Coquelin would've done against someone who plays legitimately box-to-box and who can dribble on the turn (basically Herrera). Instead Fellaini came on with Valencia and there was a clear plan to slow the game down and flood the box or create havoc in it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well done, Theo Walcott.

He was - along with Alexis - the only bright spark for you lot in the Champions League defeat to Olympiakos.

He has been scoring nearly a goal a game for months. Two good assists today, and great contribution in the final third against Leicester. Wenger's deployment of him has been spot on.
Original post by Mackay
Well done, Theo Walcott.

He was - along with Alexis - the only bright spark for you lot in the Champions League defeat to Olympiakos.

He has been scoring nearly a goal a game for months. Two good assists today, and great contribution in the final third against Leicester. Wenger's deployment of him has been spot on.

Hard to give Wenger any credit for this considering Giroud is our only alternative and he's been absolute pants.
And this win is cute and all, but Bayern are still going to rape us side ways.
Petr the unsung hero yesterday, if Martial scored that before half time the nerves start to appear. All £90mil worth of talent showing up in a big game. Absolutely brilliant stuff
Original post by AR_95

Unfortunately with the form they're in I feel like they'd rape any team bar the big Spanish ones. Wouldn't read too much in to it if you get battered.

Nice to see Wenger make some decent comments towards Rodgers, I like to see that. He was right - BR was perhaps unlucky not to win the title. If he had, things would be very different but unfortunately he didn't and you can only ride a 2nd place finish for so long.

At least this makes the international break a little less dull? :tongue:

love this guy, he's fast becoming my favourite player
Thought Mertesacker was ropey yesterday, but I don't think many central defenders in the PL will be able to handle Martial with ease in fairness. I was shocked to find out he and Gabriel have only started two games together.
Original post by Mackay
Thought Mertesacker was ropey yesterday, but I don't think many central defenders in the PL will be able to handle Martial with ease in fairness. I was shocked to find out he and Gabriel have only started two games together.

He was finding it hard to deal with Martial in terms of pace, but Martial, Rooney, Depay, and every other United player got completely ****ed in the air. Merts blocked virtually every single ball into the box, except for the one sitter Martial kicked straight at Cech.

11 reps u cheeky kent
If you can't beat them in speed, beat them in height :wink:
Liverpool have made contact with Klopp's representatives.

It's happening.
Umad
Original post by Lúcio

It's happening.
Umad

Scenes when Klopp has Liverpool fighting it out with Chelsea

Spoiler

Don't forget, it's the same Klopp that let Götze go to their rivals, and Lewandowski do the same the following year (for free).
Original post by swirly
Scenes when Klopp has Liverpool fighting it out with Chelsea

Spoiler

Both narrowly finish ahead of Arsenal who implode after Sanchez's injury.

:smile:
Original post by shawn_o1
Don't forget, it's the same Klopp that let Götze go to their rivals, and Lewandowski do the same the following year (for free).

Don't forget it's the same Klopp that won the Bundesliga twice...
(edited 8 years ago)
When you realise you're manager let RVP & Nasri go to his rivals whilst Fabregas went to Spain... All 3 won more titles in that time too. Lel.

Loving this logic.
Original post by AR_95

As opposed to raped from behind?

Real alphas rape face to face anyway.

Amirite @FFTypoCorrector @Pimped Butterfly
Original post by shawn_o1

what's he meant to do about a release clause and a contract ending when the players don't want to stay
Original post by Lúcio

It's happening.
Umad

No, we've shotgun King Carlo.

Klopp's gonna flop. Liverpool are probably the worst fit for him atm.

Latest