The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All Klopp will do for this season is secure them top 4. It's from next season we should be worried.

Still highly doubt it'll happen though.
Original post by AR_95
All Klopp will do for this season is secure them top 4. It's from next season we should be worried.

Still highly doubt it'll happen though.

Can't expect Klopp getting top 4 with Liverpool with no summer transfer and little time to adjust to his philosophy (although the pressing he wants is what the players are already familiar with). But if Chelsea's miserable form continues than I fancy us to compete with Spurs for 4th place. Still early in the season to be honest, Liverpool are 3 points from 4th and 4 points from 17th, Palace are 3 points from 1st ffs. We will have a better idea in December.
(edited 8 years ago)
Benteke = lewandowski
Sturridge = reus
Coutinho = götze
Milner = großkreutz
Henderson = gundogan
Sakho = hummels
Skrtl = subotic
Original post by samir12
Can't expect Klopp getting top 4 with Liverpool with no summer transfer and little time to adjust to his philosophy (although the pressing he wants is what the players are already familiar with). But if Chelsea's miserable form continues than I fancy us to compete with Spurs for 4th place. Still early in the season to be honest, Liverpool are 3 points from 4th and 4 points from 17th.

Yes you can. I would expect Klopp to bring some stability and consistency to your side so you should win the games you're expected to. If Klopp manages to do this then I'm sure you guys will stay above Chelsea. I can see UTD and City (again) taking points of Chelsea. I expect Spurs and Soton to do the same
Original post by angelfox
No, we've shotgun King Carlo.

Klopp's gonna flop. Liverpool are probably the worst fit for him atm.

Firstly, Wenger will stay at Arsenal until he dies.
Secondly, the salt is real :smile:

Klopp is the perfect fit for us - a very passionate and animated manager who did amazing things at a club who are of a similar level to Liverpool.
He would thrive at Anfield and the fans would respond.
Not arrogant and doesn't think he's bigger than the club, not like Ancelotti would.
But yeah, worst fit for him...
(edited 8 years ago)
I think every angelfox post is a clear indication of just that.
Rekt x2.
Original post by Lúcio

Firstly, Wenger will stay at Arsenal until he dies.
Secondly, the salt is real :smile:

Klopp is the perfect fit for us - a very passionate and animated manager who did amazing things at a club who are of a similar level to Liverpool.
He would thrive at Anfield and the fans would respond.
Not arrogant and doesn't think he's bigger than the club, not like Ancelotti would.
But yeah, worst fit for him...

I was talking about from a purely footballing view.

Look at your current players - Benteke is the total opposite of a Klopp striker. He likes pace, energy, workrate. Benteke has 0 of them.

You've got a lot of creative players e.g. Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho. Klopp at Dortmund only prefered one of them. There's a lack of direct players at LFC.

If Klopp comes in there'll be a mass overhaul.

FYI I've never been big on the Klopp train.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Shed End
I think every angelfox post is a clear indication of just that.

@ me next time.
I was talking about from a purely footballing view.

Look at your current players - Benteke is the total opposite of a Klopp striker. He likes pace, energy, workrate. Benteke has 0 of them.

You've got a lot of creative players e.g. Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho. Klopp at Dortmund only prefered one of them. There's a lack of direct players at LFC.

If Klopp comes in there'll be a mass overhaul.

FYI I've never been big on the Klopp train.

I understand that managers have their own system and style but don't assume that Klopp will be useless just because the squad of Liverpool has different attributes to Dortmund's (in your opinion). Good managers can adapt and he can do that here.

Benteke may not be suited to Klopp but honestly he isn't suited to Liverpool either so singling him out and using him as an example for the entire club is a little stupid.
Many of our players have the exact attributes you mentioned above so i don't know what the hell you're talking about...

Mass overhaul? Why? Jesus this is painful...
Original post by Lúcio
I understand that managers have their own system and style but don't assume that Klopp will be useless just because the squad of Liverpool has different attributes to Dortmund's (in your opinion). Good managers can adapt and he can do that here.

Benteke may not be suited to Klopp but honestly he isn't suited to Liverpool either so singling him out and using him as an example for the entire club is a little stupid.
Many of our players have the exact attributes you mentioned above so i don't know what the hell you're talking about...

Mass overhaul? Why? Jesus this is painful...

Ings is perfectly suited tbf.
Ings is perfectly suited tbf.

Thanks for totally unrelated comment.
Desperate attempt to change topic when you've been called out.

#Arsenalfans
**** dat quote

Original post by shawn_o1
Don't forget, it's the same Klopp that let Götze go to their rivals, and Lewandowski do the same the following year (for free).

Gotze had the release clause paid for him. There's nothing you can do in that situation.

Lewandowski was always going to leave for Bayern regardless of who was manager as well.
People who say that Suarez carried Brenda then refuse to admit Lewa/Reus/Gotze carried Klopp smh
Original post by Arkasia
People who say that Suarez carried Brenda then refuse to admit Lewa/Reus/Gotze carried Klopp smh

If you're gonna mention 3 names, you might as well throw the whole bloody team in there mate. What about Hummels? Get him in there too.
What do you know; looks like Klopp was "carried" by 11 players. What a fraud.
Original post by Lúcio
If you're gonna mention 3 names, you might as well throw the whole bloody team in there mate. What about Hummels? Get him in there too.
What do you know; looks like Klopp was "carried" by 11 players. What a fraud.

There are more problems with Liverpool than just their manager matey, the only way I can see Klopp fixing it is by bringing in some of his Dortmund players, because otherwise people are going to see he isn't some god of football management, and Liverpool are going to be fighting for 4th.
Original post by Arkasia
There are more problems with Liverpool than just their manager matey, the only way I can see Klopp fixing it is by bringing in some of his Dortmund players, because otherwise people are going to see he isn't some god of football management, and Liverpool are going to be fighting for 4th.

You say that as if it's not the best they can hope for
Original post by difeo
You say that as if it's not the best they can hope for

The league is incredibly weak this season, if Liverpool got their **** sorted they could've tried to get second. As it is, their objective will be to keep ahead of Chelsea, and beat Tottenham for the 4th spot.
Original post by Arkasia

Coutinho and Sturridge are star players.
Henderson, Milner, Sakho, Benteke and Clyne are solid first XI players.

We're only really weak in GK, CB and CM and even then it isn't disastrous.
If we bought a quality keeper OR centre-back, a lot of our problems will be sold.

We have a better team than you think. A team that is certainly able to at least put in a challenge for top 4 the way this season has stated.
Perhaps the squad depth isn't quite there yet and maybe we won't make it, but I know my club a lot better than you and I have no problem admitting where we're weak and where we aren't.

You're absolutely bricking it because there's a possibility that we might get a quality manager and you're terrified of us becoming good again, so you're trying your hardest to convince yourself that he's overrated and that our squad is awful.

Yet again we have arrogant Arsenal fans who think they're superior. Surprise.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest