The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

well it is a good series so far
Original post by Black Rose
Did you find it in the end? :smile:

i did :ahee: it was worth the effort of finding it as well :biggrin::dance:

:hugs:
da episode wiv dat dafross bloke woz qt gd but da last 1 woz well bad
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I actually enjoyed this week's episode, can't remember the last time that happened...although also annoyed about it being a double parter. Still...to enjoy a Who...well I might have fainted.

Although the sonic sunglasses still make me want to punch Moffat in the face.

Ha ha I don't think anyone would be willing to counter that bet :tongue:

I actually like the sunglasses, though I realise I am in the minority. Somehow it fits with how Capaldi is playing the character, I expect him to be quirky and do weird things that none of the other doctors have done. Once he regenerates, or the writers decide otherwise, the screwdriver will be back anyways.

Original post by Andy98
I see more of us enjoyed this weeks episode; out of curiosity, who else realised it wasn't Moffat writing this one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As soon as it came up on screen after the intro I knew this episode had a chance to be good :tongue:.
I actually found the episode very boring, nothing seemed to happen in it but talking and walking through corridors.
not sure if it is new for this series or not but i do like that they seem to be going back to having more multiple episode stories again
Original post by chelseafreak
not sure if it is new for this series or not but i do like that they seem to be going back to having more multiple episode stories again

I do too.

Mofatt has always been good at great episode's/two parters but less good at entire series. These big stories should halve his mistakes.
Original post by tomtjl
As soon as it came up on screen after the intro I knew this episode had a chance to be good :tongue:.

Haha my thoughts exactly :tongue:
Loving the series so far, much more than last year. Don't see why people are getting so hung up on the sonic sunglasses? It's just a gimmick, exactly like the screwdriver. Just gives Capaldi a bit more personality.
Original post by St. Brynjar
Loving the series so far, much more than last year. Don't see why people are getting so hung up on the sonic sunglasses? It's just a gimmick, exactly like the screwdriver. Just gives Capaldi a bit more personality.

It would be like changing the tardis to be a submarine or something. The Doctor, the tardis and the sonic screwdriver have been there from the start. To me it's almost disrespectful to origins of show.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would be like changing the tardis to be a submarine or something. The Doctor, the tardis and the sonic screwdriver have been there from the start. To me it's almost disrespectful to origins of show.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The sonic screwdriver wasn't added until the end of Troughtons time as the doctor, didn't become a major thing until Pertwee and was phased out during Davidsons stint so it was only really around for the seventies in the original series.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The shows gone down hill since Ten left
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
The sonic screwdriver wasn't added until the end of Troughtons time as the doctor, didn't become a major thing until Pertwee and was phased out during Davidsons stint so it was only really around for the seventies in the original series.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I meant start of New Who :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's no different to when they gave The Master a laser screwdriver which was more powerful than the sonic screwdriver because it used light (lolwut?). Not to mention he used it to age The Doctor with no reason in sight as to how he did it, but people don't care about this because Tennant was there.

The big thing for me is that I could easily see Capaldi's portrayal of The Doctor doing something like this, if he were a real person. He would definitely get some sonic sunglasses, we all know he would. He's weird and quirky and doesn't do what all the other Doctors have done. I love it :biggrin:.
Original post by tomtjl
It's no different to when they gave The Master a laser screwdriver which was more powerful than the sonic screwdriver because it used light (lolwut?). Not to mention he used it to age The Doctor with no reason in sight as to how he did it, but people don't care about this because Tennant was there.

The big thing for me is that I could easily see Capaldi's portrayal of The Doctor doing something like this, if he were a real person. He would definitely get some sonic sunglasses, we all know he would. He's weird and quirky and doesn't do what all the other Doctors have done. I love it :biggrin:.

Oh those episodes annoyed me lol. Yeah but practically sonic sunglasses just aren't as maneuverable as a sonic screwdriver...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just such a tiny detail, like Smith having a fez. I can't imagine getting hung up on such a small detail when the quality of the episodes has been fantastic.
Original post by St. Brynjar
It's just such a tiny detail, like Smith having a fez. I can't imagine getting hung up on such a small detail when the quality of the episodes has been fantastic.

The first double parter I thought was awful :tongue:

Additions I think are great, changes I just don't like!
Original post by Charles_worthex

Spoiler

So you spoiler something that's already happened in an episode but you decide you don't need to spoiler when you say

Spoiler

Original post by Kool_Panda
So you spoiler something that's already happened in an episode but you decide you don't need to spoiler when you say

Spoiler

yeah, I was describing what had happened and didn't know if people would want to know it that in depth before seeing, even though it was a tiny clip with nothing to do with the story line :smile: so I put it in the spoilers, the other thing I said wasn't a spoiler so I didn't use the spoiler
Original post by Charles_worthex
yeah, I was describing what had happened and didn't know if people would want to know it that in depth before seeing, even though it was a tiny clip with nothing to do with the story line :smile: so I put it in the spoilers, the other thing I said wasn't a spoiler so I didn't use the spoiler

How is the other one not a spoiler??

Quick Reply

Latest