The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aiko
I've only watched the first two episodes of this and it seemed promising. I still remember liking how they presented the opening credits at the very beginning. Shame the plot and pacing suffered. I'll definitely need to get back to this one.

It's definitely worth a watch, just don't expect a masterpiece. :nah:

Original post by Aiko
This far exceeded my expectations and I managed to hold back spoiling myself on who the "seventh" was. The only downside for me would be the animation. It really takes a nosedive at times, particularly during the action scenes, and it's clear new studio Passione were either struggling financially or lacked the resource internally to pull off a series of this kind. On the whole, it was passable and didn't disrupt my enjoyment of the anime.

I'm also glad I managed to avoid spoilers for Rokka, especially since I couldn't resist reading the MAL episodic discussion threads. Even with their no-spoiler policy, there were a lot of light novel readers present, so it could have ended badly. :p:

While I agree the animation wasn't great in places, it wasn't bad enough to bother me. Arslan Senki has been far worse, and Gangsta, Symphogear GX and Durarara!! x2 Ten (altogether making up my top 5 series of the season) have their derpy moments too.
Reply 9781
As much as I'd like a sequel to Rokka no Yuusha, sales haven't been great in Japan and that's usually how sequels are determined, especially when you consider that Passione are a new studio. That said, I've read that sales in China are apparently through the roof, so you never know.
Good reads from AJ & Cara! I'll be giving this season a miss as well though. The lack of anything to spark my interest means i'll try and watch something from the backlog.
I'll be at the Kotatsu Film Festival in Cardiff on Saturday, watching Short Peace (a collection of short films Buki yo Saraba, Gambo, Hi no Youjin and Tsukumo), Tiger & Bunny: The Rising and Wings of Honneamise. :biggrin: Will share my thoughts on those when I get back on Sunday. :smile:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'll be at the Kotatsu Film Festival in Cardiff on Saturday, watching Short Peace (a collection of short films Buki yo Saraba, Gambo, Hi no Youjin and Tsukumo), Tiger & Bunny: The Rising and Wings of Honneamise. :biggrin: Will share my thoughts on those when I get back on Sunday. :smile:

I've recently moved to Cardiff since I'm now studying at the university there! I might head down there myself, looks like the anime society there is going.
:tumble:

Will share my thoughts on those when I get back on Sunday. :smile:

Short Peace - Actually ended up being my favourite of the three main features I watched. All four short films were good, though I enjoyed Buki yo Saraba the most.

Tiger & Bunny: The Rising - I liked this more than I thought I would. The plot was quite basic, and added nothing to the series, but worth it to see more of the fun cast.

Wings of Honneamise - They probably shouldn't have advertised this as PG, considering they aired the uncensored version. Anime Limited's release rates it 15. :mmm: But anyway, I can see why it became a cult classic. A really interesting setting and story, and ridiculously nice animation.
What did anyone think about Gakkou Gurashi? I haven't finished it and only watched 5 eps but was it good overall?

That's about all I watched this season tbh. Wanted to watch more but I didn't have the time haha. Can't wait for one punch man in fall.

Non seasonal:

Started Darker Than Black—it's awesome.
One more episode of k-on! left—it was decent.
Nearly finished School Days—let's just say I don't like it xD.
Original post by Omar717
What did anyone think about Gakkou Gurashi? I haven't finished it and only watched 5 eps but was it good overall?

I really liked it, I thought the clash of two different genres worked well, and they got the balance between moe cute school club and zombie survival horror just right. It also had one of the best final eps of the season (so far), in my opinion.
I'm already posting my thoughts on the new season's episodes in the preview thread, but since it's so quiet here...

Lance N' Masques was the first new show to get subbed, and despite having a fairly boring and low budget introductory episode (and an annoying name, I keep wanting to put the apostrophe before the N!), I'm picking it up because I still feel it has more potential than any of the other anime that failed to make my shortlist, based on synopses and trailers at least. Has anybody else watched this yet, and if so, what did you make of it?
After a bit of a slump, I decided to binge watch Panty and Stocking. One of the funniest anime I've ever seen, and the dub is straight up fantastic.
Original post by EdwardElric
After a bit of a slump, I decided to binge watch Panty and Stocking. One of the funniest anime I've ever seen, and the dub is straight up fantastic.

Yeah! One of the most hilariously crude anime I've watched.

For some reason it reminds me of a Cartoon Network cartoon with the addition of tons of adult humour. Kinda nostalgic since I loved CN as a kid.
Poor start from Heavy Object imo. I don't know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't that.
Reply 9792
I'm already posting my thoughts on the new season's episodes in the preview thread, but since it's so quiet here...

Lance N' Masques was the first new show to get subbed, and despite having a fairly boring and low budget introductory episode (and an annoying name, I keep wanting to put the apostrophe before the N!), I'm picking it up because I still feel it has more potential than any of the other anime that failed to make my shortlist, based on synopses and trailers at least. Has anybody else watched this yet, and if so, what did you make of it?

I watched the first ep and thought it was ok. It looks like one of the better animes for this season from the synopsis so I'm giving it a shot. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are everyone's thoughts on the first episode of One Punch Man? I thought it was pretty good, although it did feel a tad rushed. Still, it looks like it could turn out to be one of the better titles this season. Definitely the 'hype show' of 2015.
I thought it was okay. I expected a lot more because of the hype around it, which has probably risen my expectations much higher than they should be.
Original post by EdwardElric
What are everyone's thoughts on the first episode of One Punch Man? I thought it was pretty good, although it did feel a tad rushed. Still, it looks like it could turn out to be one of the better titles this season. Definitely the 'hype show' of 2015.

A good first episode, brilliant animation and my favourite OP theme so far this season, but I feel the whole one-hit KO gag could get old fast. I'm hoping and assuming there will be more to the series than that.
Where do you guys usually watch anime? I've been more or less surviving on Crunchyroll, Netflix and Amazon blu rays.

Amazon is pretty grim when it comes to box sets of series. Apart from the AAA category, everything else needs to be shipped from the US.
Also, got round to watching Akame Ga Kill. Pretty disappointed all around because of how far off it is from the manga.

Spoiler

Original post by Fango_Jett
Where do you guys usually watch anime? I've been more or less surviving on Crunchyroll, Netflix and Amazon blu rays.

Amazon is pretty grim when it comes to box sets of series. Apart from the AAA category, everything else needs to be shipped from the US.

There's also Daisuki, it doesn't have a whole lot to watch but it's completely free (I think you need to create a free account to watch in 720p). It has some currently airing shows on there you can watch.
What does everyone think of cowboy bebop? Ive watched the first 2 episodes but they werent as funny as everyone was saying. Should i give it another try?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest