The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hibzish
What does everyone think of cowboy bebop? Ive watched the first 2 episodes but they werent as funny as everyone was saying. Should i give it another try?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give it until episode 5 at least, that's where I think it gets really good.

I wouldn't consider comedy to be Bebop's primary focus, but episode 17 is especially hilarious (at least I think it is).
Original post by EdwardElric
There's also Daisuki, it doesn't have a whole lot to watch but it's completely free (I think you need to create a free account to watch in 720p). It has some currently airing shows on there you can watch.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I'm a bit hesitant about using streaming sites.
Original post by Fango_Jett
Thanks. I'll check it out.

I'm a bit hesitant about using streaming sites.

Apologies, I forgot to mention that Daisuki is an official and legal streaming site.
Apologies, I forgot to mention that Daisuki is an official and legal streaming site.

Yeah I got that. I was referring to the slightly less than legal ones.

Paranoid that I'll click on something by mistake and end up with a visit from the police.
Yeah I got that. I was referring to the slightly less than legal ones.

Paranoid that I'll click on something by mistake and end up with a visit from the police.

Your internet provider literally doesn't care about what you do unless you hit their cap (several tbs of downloads, for example) or download/distribute illegal content. Streaming anime isn't going to bring the police to your door.

KissAnime is a pretty legit site and has practically anything you can think of (both sub and dub versions) if you want another streaming website.
Original post by Luneth
Your internet provider literally doesn't care about what you do unless you hit their cap (several tbs of downloads, for example) or download/distribute illegal content. Streaming anime isn't going to bring the police to your door.

Not concerned about streaming anime itself. More by the ads on those sites which lead to some pretty dubious looking stuff which I'm paranoid about.
Not concerned about streaming anime itself. More by the ads on those sites which lead to some pretty dubious looking stuff which I'm paranoid about.

If you followed them through and entered your details you might get spam at the most. Just accidentally clicking on ads isn't going to sign your life away lol. You can always use adblocking plugins too.

KA's ads aren't intrusive and IIRC you can hide them if you're signed in.
A new chapter of Berserk came out rather recently, if it hasn't already been mentioned here. Rickert gets a few badass moments in it, which is nice. Still need to get my Guts fix though, which probably won't be until next year at the rate the new chapters are coming out.
okay fair enough
Give it until episode 5 at least, that's where I think it gets really good.

I wouldn't consider comedy to be Bebop's primary focus, but episode 17 is especially hilarious (at least I think it is).
Why are there so many manga that are republished in German and in French, but not in English.
Why are there so many manga that are republished in German and in French, but not in English.

I've not got any statistics to go on here, but I imagine a lot more gets published in English than in other European languages on the whole - there's certainly more US publishers at least. But yeah, there are plenty of manga I'm interested in that aren't available in English, but that did make it to France or Germany. Makes me wish I'd had lessons in those languages earlier in life, when it may have stood a chance of sinking in. :p:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've not got any statistics to go on here, but I imagine a lot more gets published in English than in other European languages on the whole - there's certainly more US publishers at least. But yeah, there are plenty of manga I'm interested in that aren't available in English, but that did make it to France or Germany. Makes me wish I'd had lessons in those languages earlier in life, when it may have stood a chance of sinking in. :p:

True. I'm not saying that most are in French/German, but it's certainly a bit irritating when (even for some quite popular manga) they don't make it to English, and I have to rely on scanlations.

I think there are some anime that have met the same fate. Beelzebub never had an english release if I am not mistaken. It got a Hungarian dub and a french DVD release though.
True. I'm not saying that most are in French/German, but it's certainly a bit irritating when (even for some quite popular manga) they don't make it to English, and I have to rely on scanlations.

I think there are some anime that have met the same fate. Beelzebub never had an english release if I am not mistaken. It got a Hungarian dub and a french DVD release though.

Beelzebub used to be on Crunchyroll in English (though whether it was US exclusive or not, I can't remember). Either way, the license expired, and it hasn't been picked up by anyone else to my knowledge.
Beelzebub used to be on Crunchyroll in English (though whether it was US exclusive or not, I can't remember). Either way, the license expired, and it hasn't been picked up by anyone else to my knowledge.

I thought it was only on because of how copyright infringing content was being put up before CR became legit.
I thought it was only on because of how copyright infringing content was being put up before CR became legit.

Nah, Beelzebub aired in 2011, a full two years after Crunchyroll went fully legit. :yes: Their license to stream it just expired last year.

Also, I stand corrected - apparently Discotek licensed Beelzebub in August (for the US, but you never know where things will go from there). :smile:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-27/discotek-adds-hana-yori-dango-07-ghost-beelzebub-kyousougiga-getter-robo-armageddon-z-x-ignition-karate-master/.92209
Post your Myanimelist/Hummingbird/Anime-Planet list guys. I want to stalk people for more shows and manga.
Mine's always in my signature, but here's the link anyway. :smile:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/AngryJellyfish

Good list. I'll be sure to check out some of the shows on there.

I'm still building my list on AP. It's takes so much time for me. I end up watching shows I find while organizing instead.
Post your Myanimelist/Hummingbird/Anime-Planet list guys. I want to stalk people for more shows and manga.

MAL - http://myanimelist.net/profile/Caraniel
Anime-Planet - http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Caraniel

I keep both pretty up to date with anime - manga is a different ballgame though, lists are all over the place.
Original post by caraniel
MAL - http://myanimelist.net/profile/Caraniel
Anime-Planet - http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Caraniel

I keep both pretty up to date with anime - manga is a different ballgame though, lists are all over the place.

Thanks! I'll go check out and see if there are any romance/romcoms I have missed in there.

Latest

Trending

Trending