The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JHart1865
No, not yet. But I have to do extra pre-appointment checks for my role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

a security clearance?
Original post by Billydodger
a security clearance?

Yes, I have to fill in a form to do the vetting online and complete an integrity declaration form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I have to fill in a form to do the vetting online and complete an integrity declaration form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing that. Don't expect a quick turnaround. They've had mine 6 weeks and counting....
I'm doing that. Don't expect a quick turnaround. They've had mine 6 weeks and counting....

I hope they're a lot quicker for me, I'm due to start on the 2nd of November!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For those of you that have a set start date, which departments are you? Increasingly frustrated. Emailed CSR but its up to the department to inform me. Havent heard ANYTHING from them yet
Original post by bluebird82
For those of you that have a set start date, which departments are you? Increasingly frustrated. Emailed CSR but its up to the department to inform me. Havent heard ANYTHING from them yet

Hi, when did you first hear from CSR about it? The recurring theme seems to be plenty of people waiting plenty of time!

I'm in Fraud investigation. First heard from CSR in June, heard from my department on 17th of September with a provisional start date of 2nd November.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by miniimmy
I'm in fraud investigation (with an estimated start date of 2nd November) too but haven't been contacted about any additional security clearances. When were you contacted about them?

I received the email with the forms on Monday. Whereabouts are you to be based? I'm in Leeds and different offices may do things individually.
I received the email with the forms on Monday. Whereabouts are you to be based? I'm in Leeds and different offices may do things individually.

Just to be clear if it's the national vetting service for the security check their times are 6-8 weeks at the moment....I would maybe email and ask if you need this before you can be in the building working (this is the case with me) just so you can manage your expectations. I got a temp job in the meantime and thank goodness I did.
Just to be clear if it's the national vetting service for the security check their times are 6-8 weeks at the moment....I would maybe email and ask if you need this before you can be in the building working (this is the case with me) just so you can manage your expectations. I got a temp job in the meantime and thank goodness I did.

I'm not sure, I'd assume it is. Was basically a form to gain access to an online vetting questionnaire. Thanks for the heads up, it certainly seemed strange that they'd replied almost instantly to every email I sent until I asked them when the checks are likely to be completed!!!! Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't even had confirmation that my initial pre-appointment checks have been completed yet so I won't be able to start at the beginning of November anyway as my notice period will not be covered.
Original post by MoveTheChains
I haven't even had confirmation that my initial pre-appointment checks have been completed yet so I won't be able to start at the beginning of November anyway as my notice period will not be covered.

Have you contacted them?
Hi, when did you first hear from CSR about it? The recurring theme seems to be plenty of people waiting plenty of time!I'm in Fraud investigation. First heard from CSR in June, heard from my department on 17th of September with a provisional start date of 2nd November.

I sent off my degree transcripts etc towards end of August. Haven't heard from my department but i know what it is as I emailed CSR to keep nudging them. It's not HMRC though and its in London. But lack of ANY communication from the dept is worrying
Once you've received an offer - how likely is it that it will go ahead?

Mine is still conditional as far as I know - will be firmed following completion of the background checks. I don't have any criminal record and my references should check out, however, my provisional start date is exactly 3 months away.

I guess I'm concerned that I may start to prepare / make your arrangements to move on from my current position and the offer will be withdrawn.
Original post by Yawn11

Mine is still conditional as far as I know - will be firmed following completion of the background checks. I don't have any criminal record and my references should check out, however, my provisional start date is exactly 3 months away.

I guess I'm concerned that I may start to prepare / make your arrangements to move on from my current position and the offer will be withdrawn.

I'm hoping that it's 100% certain. I'd assume the delay on the checks is due to the volume they are doing right now.

Mine is still conditional too, I've emailed the department to ask approx time frame as to when they will be completed but have not had a response yet. My provisional start date is supposed to be 3 weeks tomorrow. That will not be possible for me now because of my notice period.
Original post by Yawn11

what department is it for? I guess 3 months if you are doing full security check.
what department is it for? I guess 3 months if you are doing full security check.

Enforcement and Compliance for HMRC. I think there's another reason for it. Initial email said the checks would take a month to be complete. It's almost a month since the checks began.
Original post by MoveTheChains
My provisional start date is supposed to be 3 weeks tomorrow. That will not be possible for me now because of my notice period.

I think my notice is 2 weeks, so i'm lucky in that regard. Though I expect my manager would like to have more.
Anybody had a contract / further info on the 2nd November start for the fraud investigation service?
Original post by WanChai
Anybody had a contract / further info on the 2nd November start for the fraud investigation service?

I received the vetting & integrity forms on October 5th and sent them back the next day (electronically). I haven't heard anything since and I'm supposed to start on November 2nd in Leeds.
I received the vetting & integrity forms on October 5th and sent them back the next day (electronically). I haven't heard anything since and I'm supposed to start on November 2nd in Leeds.

I haven't received any further forms than the declaration and DBS forms and been told my security clearance isn't complete yet....getting more frustrated as the start date nears
Original post by WanChai
I haven't received any further forms than the declaration and DBS forms and been told my security clearance isn't complete yet....getting more frustrated as the start date nears

Have you asked why you haven't received them yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending