The Student Room Group

Medicine Resit Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2en1
Did u guys know that the Exeter success percentage is 6%, probably because of all the resits students applying. Got predicted A*AAC (C for maths bc the teacher really wouldnt budge) for my resits with 580 ukcat band 2, do I stand a chance?

Not with a UKCAT average of less than 600, I'm afraid... :/ Exeter is fairly UKCAT-heavy and operates a cut-off and it's likely that most people applying there will have 600 or higher. 580 wouldn't really be competitive, I don't think. By all means apply but don't be too surprised if you're unsuccessful.
775 UKCAT

Original post by Hydeman
Not with a UKCAT average of less than 600, I'm afraid... :/ Exeter is fairly UKCAT-heavy and operates a cut-off and it's likely that most people applying there will have 600 or higher. 580 wouldn't really be competitive, I don't think. By all means apply but don't be too surprised if you're unsuccessful.

Do you think 775 will be above the cutoff??????
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 342
Original post by Hydeman

Looks like we're in the same boat because I think u got a similar score to me? Where will u be applying if I might ask? Also don't Exeter lower the ukcat for people with 3a* predictions? I'm gonna beg my teachers to give me that lol
Original post by 2en1
Looks like we're in the same boat because I think u got a similar score to me? Where will u be applying if I might ask? Also don't Exeter lower the ukcat for people with 3a* predictions? I'm gonna beg my teachers to give me that lol

I've been hearing that from a lot of people on this website, yes, and apparently Exeter confirmed it by email. So get begging. xD

What score did you get? I totally flunked the UKCAT -- got 577.5 average and Band 2 on SJT. I'll be applying to Cardiff, Bristol, Imperial and one other BMAT university that I'm not decided on (most likely Leeds or BSMS, though).
Original post by dairychocolate
775 UKCAT

Do you think 775 will be above the cutoff??????

I can't predict the cut-off (assuming you're talking about Exeter) but 775 would've been remarkably above average in previous years. I suggest you keep an eye out for the deciles that are due to be released on the UKCAT website on 9 October and apply if you're in the top two deciles. What are your A Level predictions like?
Original post by Hydeman
I can't predict the cut-off (assuming you're talking about Exeter) but 775 would've been remarkably above average in previous years. I suggest you keep an eye out for the deciles that are due to be released on the UKCAT website on 9 October and apply if you're in the top two deciles. What are your A Level predictions like?

Oh sorry, I thought you had inside knowledge.

No worries.
Original post by woopwoop1
Hi everyone. I would really appreciate if anyone will help me out here.
My Stats:

GCSE- 5A* 5A
A-LEVEL- A*AAb
UKCAT- 660 band 2

I am taking a gap year now after getting all rejections last year(presumably due to a bad personal statement.I am thinking of applying to liverpool, keele, sheffield, St Georges,manchester and cardiff(i have 26 points since i finished my A2). Can someone help me to rule out two of these unis which will be the least best choices. I am finding it quite difficult to do so. Thank you so much!

I would say no to Sheffield, just incase you dont get the cut off score for ukcat. Plus make sure your PS is really good if your applying to Sheffield.
Original post by dairychocolate
Oh sorry, I thought you had inside knowledge.

No worries.

Even if I did, the cut-off is determined by the strength of the applicant pool and not everybody has applied yet so it's impossible even for the admissions people to know what the cut-off is yet.
Original post by nkb01
Which uni asked for this? And I think you'd have to get a reference from the voluntary department at the place you are volunteering at.

bsms asks you to bring evidence of your volunteering to the interview
My application is due tomorrow so pls help
I got aab.. ukcat 630. Will retake b and predicted a* for retake
I will be applying to bsms, Lancaster, uea. Can someone please suggest a last option. Unfortunately I can't apply to Plymouth as I scored v low in one ukcat section :frown:
How about liverpool( if you have almost full points from your gcses)

Original post by wishingwillow
My application is due tomorrow so pls help
I got aab.. ukcat 630. Will retake b and predicted a* for retake
I will be applying to bsms, Lancaster, uea. Can someone please suggest a last option. Unfortunately I can't apply to Plymouth as I scored v low in one ukcat section :frown:
I see.
Reply 352
Can someone please help me..
I got BCC for my Alevels so will be retaking. Where can I apply?? My options so far are:
Exeter, Leeds, Bradford Clinicla science degree (backup)
I'm considering Nottingham's 6 year course but they want BCC with B in chem - I got a C in chem :frown:
Also, Southampton want BBC so is there any point applying?
Thankyou

I'm being predicted AAA for me resits if that helps
Reply 353
Original post by Cpie21
I got BCC for my Alevels so will be retaking. Where can I apply?? My options so far are:
I'm considering Nottingham's 6 year course but they want BCC with B in chem - I got a C in chem :frown:
Thankyou

Do leeds accept resits? Iv heard Nottingham have v few places but its still worth a shot, and for soton im sure some ppl who applied resat so long as you get a better prediction for the C. Maybe east Anglias foundation course? They want ABB and mayble liverpool but you need AAA predictions
Reply 354
Oh soz i didnt read the AAA prediction then yeah liverpool!! But idk how they use ukcat
Original post by Cpie21
Thankyou

Do you have mitigating circs/eligible for contextual offers?

I'd suggest Lancaster/Liverpool ? For Exeter you may need a* predictions, what was your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 356
Original post by fotmmc
Do leeds accept resits? Iv heard Nottingham have v few places but its still worth a shot, and for soton im sure some ppl who applied resat so long as you get a better prediction for the C. Maybe east Anglias foundation course? They want ABB and mayble liverpool but you need AAA predictions

Yeah leeds do, with extenuating circumstances. I'm going to ring SH tomorrow but a few people have said they don't accept resits.
Also, UAE don't accept resits and you have to be in Y13 to apply.. Liverpool seems quite GCSE heavy and unfortunately my GCSEs aren't amazing..
Argh this is so stressful!
Reply 357
Hey for anyone who's resitting, have your teachers agreed to predict you A's if you study independently? Or have they conditioned you to study in school?

Thanks
Reply 358
Original post by Cpie21
Yeah leeds do, with extenuating circumstances. I'm going to ring SH tomorrow but a few people have said they don't accept resits.
Also, UAE don't accept resits and you have to be in Y13 to apply.. Liverpool seems quite GCSE heavy and unfortunately my GCSEs aren't amazing..
Argh this is so stressful!

Im pretty much in the same situation as you except no mitigating circumstances. Hope soton say yes to you though! I do know ppl who got interviews and resat but maybe it changed this yr.
Reply 359
Original post by fotmmc
Im pretty much in the same situation as you except no mitigating circumstances. Hope soton say yes to you though! I do know ppl who got interviews and resat but maybe it changed this yr.

It's so frustrating isn't it?
where are you thinking of applying? and what are your stats if you dont mind me asking.
I'll ring SH up tomorrow just to make sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending