The Student Room Group

Am I the only one confused about certain sexuality labels?

I find some of them utterly ridiculous.

I get straight, gay, bisexual and transgender. These are straight forward and understandable, it's just the "non-binary", "queer", "genderqueer" nonsense... I mean some of these things are exaggerated, surely!!!

What do you think?

Most of these labels are from Tumblr Feminist losers.

Scroll to see replies

Non binary isn't sexual. It has to do with gender.

A non-binary person is someone who isn't male or female.
Reply 2
Original post by Ilovehormones
Non binary isn't sexual. It has to do with gender.

A non-binary person is someone who isn't male or female.

How can you not be female or male?

Your either or!

I don't get how someone can be gender fluid either, who is both man and woman. It's stupid.
Original post by Anonymous
I find some of them utterly ridiculous.

I get straight, gay, bisexual and transgender. These are straight forward and understandable, it's just the "non-binary", "queer", "genderqueer" nonsense... I mean some of these things are exaggerated, surely!!!

What do you think?

Most of these labels are from Tumblr Feminist losers.

this chart may help:

http://i.imgur.com/fJCrnEG.png
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
this chart may help:

No help whatsoever.

Just a load of weird symbols (bar a few) with weird, 21 century-created words.
Haha I like how they included the Chaos Gods in that chart. ^_^

In all seriousness, I think a lot of them are just people trying to get attention.
How can you not be female or male?

Your either or!

I don't get how someone can be gender fluid either, who is both man and woman. It's stupid.

No..just no. Please educate yourself and stop being such an ignorant twirp.

There are many medical conditions which can make a persons sex ambiguous, many of which are linked to the sex chromosomes and endocrine abnormalaties.

Judging by your attitude, you didn't make this thread to understand. You made it to slate others and feel superior.
Reply 7
Original post by SophieSmall

There are many medical conditions which can make a persons sex ambiguous, many of which are linked to the sex chromosomes and endocrine abnormalaties.

Judging by your attitude, you didn't make this thread to understand. You made it to slate others and feel superior.

Gosh you must be a next generation fruit loop!

I legit don't understand many of these labels and am innocently asking this question to further understand. I don't care whether you believe this or not, because you probably never will, bigot.

I agree with the person saying they do this primarily for attention.

Tumblr is a cesspit for this kind of behaviour.
Gosh you must be a next generation fruit loop!

I legit don't understand many of these labels and am innocently asking this question to further understand. I don't care whether you believe this or not, because you probably never will, bigot.

I agree with the person saying they do this primarily for attention.

Tumblr is a cesspit for this kind of behaviour.

Hilarious that you're the one calling someone a bigot.
Reply 9
Hilarious that you're the one calling someone a bigot.

I've been thoroughly tolerant throughout this thread, unlike you.

Your first response was a personal insult directed towards me, then you proceeded to shout like an outraged harpy.
this chart may help:

I saw a transni**er in there.

Which "labels" does that description apply to?
I'll admit I don't fully understand either, or at all but I agree that you are either biologically male or female, however, as I understand it, the body parts you were born with don't always match up with how you feel inside. Some may identify as male in female body, or other way about, or may not feel like they are either. I'm not sure if this helps any or even if what I have said is accurate but this is my understanding so far
Reply 13
this chart may help:

lmao they have "Assassin" and "dy/dx" on there :lol:
Original post by KiwiDream
I'll admit I don't fully understand either, or at all but I agree that you are either biologically male or female, however, as I understand it, the body parts you were born with don't always match up with how you feel inside. Some may identify as male in female body, or other way about, or may not feel like they are either. I'm not sure if this helps any or even if what I have said is accurate but this is my understanding so far

This is transexual, as far as I'm aware. Which is a rather difficult situation. Some people find it natural others see it as a mental illness.

I just can't see how you can be both or none.
Original post by cole-slaw
Which "labels" does that description apply to?

What someome labels themselves is entirely up to the individual.

I was just refuting the ridiculous statement the OP made that you have to be either male or female.
What someome labels themselves is entirely up to the individual.

I was just refuting the ridiculous statement the OP made that you have to be either male or female.

But he was talking about gender, you are talking about sex. I think you're confused.
I've been thoroughly tolerant throughout this thread, unlike you.

Your first response was a personal insult directed towards me, then you proceeded to shout like an outraged harpy.

You literally said in your first post "feminist tumblr losers" in relation to this topic. Making it very clear you have no interest in other points of view.

You may have found my post insulting. But your ignorance on the matter is a fact, not an opinion.
(edited 8 years ago)
This level of judgement is really not a pleasant thing to put up with.

My family never understood my love of the kush
Original post by cole-slaw
But he was talking about gender, you are talking about sex. I think you're confused.

Male and female are adjective to describe the phenotype of an individual. He said you can only be male or female. Which is false, you can display phenotypes of both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending