The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jasminem97
Well, as most of my family are from Solihull, I love Birmingham as a city so that has influenced my decision! Its not my #1 choice (because its so close to home!!)
Birminghams course is one of the best there is, and its a Russell Group Uni - so its respected!
I like the look of the course modules - and placements would be brilliant in the location as you can look at Birmingham Childrens Hospital, Good Hope, ect... (Theres loaaaaads of placement options - for my the sports options have influenced my decision too!)

Also, the unis sports facilities are AMAZING:colondollar:

I was looking at the modules and do you know what the movement science ones cover? And although they have a neurology module, they don't do any neuromusculoskeletal modules in comparison to the other unis I'm looking at :/
Original post by pereh009
I was looking at the modules and do you know what the movement science ones cover? And although they have a neurology module, they don't do any neuromusculoskeletal modules in comparison to the other unis I'm looking at :/

Do you do A level pe? I think movement science is to do with - the movement of science, e.g. joint capsules, movement, synovial fluid, muscular contractions, antagonistic pairs (muscles and joints), contraction speeds/times/power ect....

Oh i didn't realise that! I'm not too sure it'd make a difference however I'll have to do a double check!
Do you do A level pe? I think movement science is to do with - the movement of science, e.g. joint capsules, movement, synovial fluid, muscular contractions, antagonistic pairs (muscles and joints), contraction speeds/times/power ect....

Oh i didn't realise that! I'm not too sure it'd make a difference however I'll have to do a double check!

No, I didn't do PE but we'll do a bit about muscles (contraction, structure, function etc) in biology. I might just email them to clarify and I'll let you know what they say :smile:
Hmm that's exactly what someone else said too :/ I went to see UWE yesterday and tbh it didn't really meet my expectations, especially after seeing Notts and Southampton. But it's my fall back option if I somehow mess up my exams
I'm going to apply to Notts, Southampton, Birmingham, Hertfordshire and UWE

Ahh ok fair enough, good luck! Another thing is that UWE kept me waiting until beyond the deadline to hear about offer/rejection in the end I was rejected by default by UCAS so I was definitely not impressed! My advice would be don't underestimate the perhaps 'smaller' unis such as Brighton and Bournemouth and Worcester, they can be so much better than the large ones like Notts or Birmingham as the focus is less on 'just results' if you get what I mean. :P
No, I didn't do PE but we'll do a bit about muscles (contraction, structure, function etc) in biology. I might just email them to clarify and I'll let you know what they say :smile:

Thanks! yeah its a lot more in depth in PE, its good to get a more scientific perspective in Biology too :smile:

Thank youuuu
Original post by Trouble234
Ahh ok fair enough, good luck! Another thing is that UWE kept me waiting until beyond the deadline to hear about offer/rejection in the end I was rejected by default by UCAS so I was definitely not impressed! My advice would be don't underestimate the perhaps 'smaller' unis such as Brighton and Bournemouth and Worcester, they can be so much better than the large ones like Notts or Birmingham as the focus is less on 'just results' if you get what I mean. :P

That's awful! We weren't overall impressed with the open day, there were so many people wanting to see the practical rooms/simulation rooms that I wasn't able to see them :frown: We were literally there for an hour and a half before driving all the way back to London

And that's a really good point. I'm not sure if it's worth changing my options though because I won't have time to visit any more open days with my UCAS deadline being in two weeks :/
Thanks! yeah its a lot more in depth in PE, its good to get a more scientific perspective in Biology too :smile:

Thank youuuu

What other subjects do you do? I'm a maths, bio, chem person :smile: (and made the unwise decision of doing a language at AS but luckily I dropped it!)
What other subjects do you do? I'm a maths, bio, chem person :smile: (and made the unwise decision of doing a language at AS but luckily I dropped it!)

I dropped Bio after AS, Now i do English Literature, PE and Psychology! Woahhhh they're good subjects!!
That's awful! We weren't overall impressed with the open day, there were so many people wanting to see the practical rooms/simulation rooms that I wasn't able to see them :frown: We were literally there for an hour and a half before driving all the way back to London

And that's a really good point. I'm not sure if it's worth changing my options though because I won't have time to visit any more open days with my UCAS deadline being in two weeks :/

You will see any universities at interview if you don't see them before, I didn't go and visit any before I applied as its too expensive to go twice to each one. I'd say if you didn't like it then just don't apply there, not only will it come through in interview but you wont be that happy even if you do get an offer from them :P
How is everyone getting on with there UCAS personal statements and applying?
Original post by dwgwilliams
How is everyone getting on with there UCAS personal statements and applying?

Completed my personal statement and sent my UCAS form off to have the reference added! So nervous !:biggrin: what about you
Completed my personal statement and sent my UCAS form off to have the reference added! So nervous !:biggrin: what about you

That's great, you will be fine! I'm still writing my statement; too much to talk about and not enough characters! What were your final choices?
That's great, you will be fine! I'm still writing my statement; too much to talk about and not enough characters! What were your final choices?

you too! Same here - Mine was originally a Sport & Exercise Science statement so had to practically remove all sport related stuff other than my Netball Teams haha!

I applied to Sheffield Hallam, Manchester Met (#1 Choice!), Birmingham, Nottingham (#2!) and Bournemouth! Where are you looking at?
you too! Same here - Mine was originally a Sport & Exercise Science statement so had to practically remove all sport related stuff other than my Netball Teams haha!

I applied to Sheffield Hallam, Manchester Met (#1 Choice!), Birmingham, Nottingham (#2!) and Bournemouth! Where are you looking at?

Oh I see! Everyone says its best to avoid sport! Why the change?

I liked SHU and Notts when I visited them and may be applying. I'm toying with Keele and Salford being on the tops steps of my podium. What did you like about MMU (I think a friend is applying there)?
Oh I see! Everyone says its best to avoid sport! Why the change?

I liked SHU and Notts when I visited them and may be applying. I'm toying with Keele and Salford being on the tops steps of my podium. What did you like about MMU (I think a friend is applying there)?

Physiotherapy has better job prospects I thought! I didn't want to do S&E then end up not knowing what to do and doing a PGCE! I think I'm going to do a Physiotherapy degree then do a Msc in Sports Science if I'm still interested!:h:

I do like to the look of Keele - its fairly close to where I live so it definitely was an interest for me!
I just love Manchester - the music scene and everything really appeals to me, as well as the university being good, and the major sports opportunities in the area:h:
Hi Guys,

How is everyone getting on?

UCAS sent?

Where have we applied for?

Long shot, anyone heard anything back as of yet?

Hope everything is going well :smile:
Physiotherapy has better job prospects I thought! I didn't want to do S&E then end up not knowing what to do and doing a PGCE! I think I'm going to do a Physiotherapy degree then do a Msc in Sports Science if I'm still interested!:h:

I do like to the look of Keele - its fairly close to where I live so it definitely was an interest for me!
I just love Manchester - the music scene and everything really appeals to me, as well as the university being good, and the major sports opportunities in the area:h:

So it's definitely MMU!
Original post by spshsha1
Hi Guys,

How is everyone getting on?

UCAS sent?

Where have we applied for?

Long shot, anyone heard anything back as of yet?

Hope everything is going well :smile:

Hi!
I still haven't sent my UCAS off. I'm guessing you have! Where did you apply?
When it the best time to send it because my sixth form is sending early applicants for medical sciences, dentistry etc & I was wonder when I should send for physiotherapy?
Original post by Mattyhines11
When it the best time to send it because my sixth form is sending early applicants for medical sciences, dentistry etc & I was wonder when I should send for physiotherapy?

Mine was fully sent off at the start of November last year and my first interview was the start of December, so I'd recommend now or in November

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending