The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
Yeah definitely, we've formed a good partnership on season tbf. I haven't really been on my A-game too. If we are playing properly we'd walk it to division 1 title.

Playing as Bayern definitely helps, but yeah we have.
We're very different players which is definitely a good thing playing co-operatively, even if I'm probably not quite as good as you overall :tongue:

At least I can defend and finish though :biggrin:
Reply 881

Some Qua-esque insight into what we could expect from Klopp would be awesome :colondollar:

So far it seems like we'd get a manager who prefers 4-2-3-1 with certain types of players fitting into certain positions and who like to press high/aggressively.

Any ideas what we could expect defensively?
Reply 882
New manager's opening 5 fixtures:

Tottenham v Liverpool (Sat 17 Oct)
Liverpool v Rubin Kazan (Thu 22 Oct)
Liverpool v Southampton (Sun 25 Oct)
Liverpool v Bournemouth (Wed 28 Oct)
Chelsea v Liverpool (Sat 31 Oct)

He'll have 7 games in 21 days, playing every 3/4 days.
Must admit I am quite surprised Klopp is taking the job. Its a risky job, perhaps not too risky for him, but risky none the less. That added to the fact the season has already started and the window has already closed. I wonder what assurances he's been given with regard to the transfer market in Jan or summer, although you'd think he'd be able to work with what he has.
Original post by Fizzel
Must admit I am quite surprised Klopp is taking the job. Its a risky job, perhaps not too risky for him, but risky none the less. That added to the fact the season has already started and the window has already closed. I wonder what assurances he's been given with regard to the transfer market in Jan or summer, although you'd think he'd be able to work with what he has.

Wait and see. Klopp has shown that he is a great coach. He has led Dortmund from the oblivion to two championships in a row, three cup finals and one Champions league final. Perhaps he is able to achieve the same with Liverpool...
Original post by Kallisto
Wait and see. Klopp has shown that he is a great coach. He has led Dortmund from the oblivion to two championships in a row, three cup finals and one Champions league final. Perhaps he is able to achieve the same with Liverpool...

He also finished 7th last season.
Reply 886
Original post by Fizzel

Yea I'm a little surprised too but maybe he cares less about his reputation than someone like Mourinho? It's been reported that he's told friend he wanted a new project, somewhere that he can build.

He also finished 7th last season.

Yea that must stain everything else he achieved before that :rolleyes:

If Man Utd had signed him then you guys would've been raving about how he's the best thing since sliced bread. But obviously since he's (hopefully) signing for Liverpool, it must mean he's actually crap.
Original post by Zerforax

Yea that must stain everything else he achieved before that :rolleyes:

If Man Utd had signed him then you guys would've been raving about how he's the best thing since sliced bread. But obviously since he's (hopefully) signing for Liverpool, it must mean he's actually crap.

You've said this before and I've replied and told you he's not crap.

That guy was stating all Klopp has achieved and I merely just added another fact.
Reply 888
You've said this before and I've replied and told you he's not crap.

That guy was stating all Klopp has achieved and I merely just added another fact.

Every manager has ups and downs. Klopp's achievements vastly outweigh his failings and i'm really excited to see him (hopefully) manage our club.

This would be the first quality manager we've had since Benitez so i'm really optimistic about it :smile:

P.S: when do you feel like we should make a run for being promoted to division 2? :wink:
Tbf on Klopp if Liverpool finished 6th/7th this season seeing as he's not had the start of the season and comes in during a busy run of games and probably will have to wait until summer to fit the squad to his likin, it won't be a huge negative I don't think. But then top 4 next season.
Original post by #salty
Every manager has ups and downs. Klopp's achievements vastly outweigh his failings and i'm really excited to see him (hopefully) manage our club.

This would be the first quality manager we've had since Benitez so i'm really optimistic about it :smile:

P.S: when do you feel like we should make a run for being promoted to division 2? :wink:

Lol in before...actually nvm

I can come on later this evening, I'll let you know
My copy of Gerrard's new autobiography has just arrived, I can't wait to get stuck into it. :biggrin:
Reply 892
Lol in before...actually nvm

I can come on later this evening, I'll let you know

No worries man, just shoot me a message :smile:

Original post by The.Joker
My copy of Gerrard's new autobiography has just arrived, I can't wait to get stuck into it. :biggrin:

Y u copy me joker? :frown:

Eager to give it a read tonight.
Original post by Fizzel

I think we discussed this before, how you felt that the Liverpool job was a death-trap (for Klopp) and that the top 4 is likely to remain static for a while. The truth is that football just isn't like that, and Klopp is a coach that doesn't fit into rational assumptions.
Steven Gerrard can **** right off for the lies he's been spreading about Rafa.
Reply 895
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15117/10018677/liverpool-sack-brendan-rodgers-memories-of-201314-should-remain

A decent piece on the 13/14 season. I feel we shouldn't downplay that season and BR's role in all that. In that season, he managed to get the very best out of not just Suarez but also Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Henderson. With those 5, we played the best attacking football I'm sure any of us have seen in our lifetimes by a Liverpool team, winning 16, drawing 2 and losing just once in the second half of the season. It was not simply because of Suarez (most his goals came in the first half the season when the results were still pretty average), BR should be given credit for what was achieved that season. Ultimately our defensive frailty left us just short, but it's a season we'll never forget.
The truth is
**** off you ****, who are you, the bringer of truth? You couldn't back up your point last time around, don't waste my time this time around.
Reply 897
Original post by Fizzel
**** off you ****, who are you, the bringer of truth? You couldn't back up your point last time around, don't waste my time this time around.

man needs some Ritalin
Original post by The.Joker

It's a good read, and I hate Gerrard. Give it a go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 899
Original post by cBay
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15117/10018677/liverpool-sack-brendan-rodgers-memories-of-201314-should-remain

A decent piece on the 13/14 season. I feel we shouldn't downplay that season and BR's role in all that. In that season, he managed to get the very best out of not just Suarez but also Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Henderson. With those 5, we played the best attacking football I'm sure any of us have seen in our lifetimes by a Liverpool team, winning 16, drawing 2 and losing just once in the second half of the season. It was not simply because of Suarez (most his goals came in the first half the season when the results were still pretty average), BR should be given credit for what was achieved that season. Ultimately our defensive frailty left us just short, but it's a season we'll never forget.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/10/brendan-rodgers-sacked-a-reaction/

A better piece on stuff including 2013/14.

Latest