The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
City did it to us last season, after GW32 they were 5 points behind, and at the end of the season they were 4 points ahead.

The problem is simply down to goal difference though. With City you can always see them going on a run where they are smashing teams 4-1/3-0. With Chelsea I guess you can see them going on those ****ing runs of 2-0 wins. I guess it's enough to go above Arsenal though but even then you lot look like you can score goals with the creativity you have.

Personally think you're going to win the league this season.
Original post by jam277
The problem is simply down to goal difference though. With City you can always see them going on a run where they are smashing teams 4-1/3-0. With Chelsea I guess you can see them going on those ****ing runs of 2-0 wins. I guess it's enough to go above Arsenal though but even then you lot look like you can score goals with the creativity you have.

Personally think you're going to win the league this season.

You're more confident than 99% of our fanbase.

True, Chelsea after Christmas were one of the most atrocious title-winning sides I have seen (having said that, Chelsea before Christmas were annoyingly untouchable).
Original post by Arkasia
You're more confident than 99% of our fanbase.

True, Chelsea after Christmas were one of the most atrocious title-winning sides I have seen (having said that, Chelsea before Christmas were annoyingly untouchable).

Your ability to go on runs at a weird inconsistency is bound to change. Injuries withstanding you probably have the strongest team in the league after Chelsea personally and the best setup against most teams in the league. Would argue you even have the ability for 0-0 draws now. No ****ing idea why you're aiming to get knocked out in the CL group stages though.

Chelsea before Christmas was equally as ****e but we just happened to score early, concede early and then score another 2. We then went to the same tactic as the second half of the season. The issues in the second half of the season simply is us struggling to create the opening goal due to Mous tactics being more pragmatic to conserve our energy(instead of just rotating like any sane person who doesn't just pick his favourites would do) but our aims for the entirety of the season was to go 2 goals up at any point in the game then pass around the back/middle third to conserve energy for cup games instead of just rotating. Now we just pass around the back/middle third and go 2 goals down instead. Maybe Benitez did have a point in 12/13 just that he did it when our options were Benayoun and Marin.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8143
City have a better team. I have no idea why they momentarily imploded but it won't last.
Original post by llys
City have a better team. I have no idea why they momentarily imploded but it won't last.

Really the only thing City have over you is a better striker. Other positions you are either equal or better.
Whoever is responsible for the dupes Should know that not only will the CT pick up on them and ban them, but will also remove the dupe's posts.
It's probably FK and Queen Cersei has done an amazing job, we can now wave our cocks around like windmills.

Anyway in all seriousness. Walcott up top seems to be doing a great job, if he has a good season do you think there is a need for a new striker?

Welbeck is still due to come back and if he does improve his finishing, he will be almost like a new striker for you guys.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8147
Original post by jam277
Really the only thing City have over you is a better striker. Other positions you are either equal or better.

Perhaps, I can't judge this so well tbh. A striker does have the biggest impact though, if he stays fit and all other things being equal.

On the other hand, they will go farther in the CL and I actually want Pellegrini to do well with that. Hopefully that will help Arsenal a bit.
I really like Arsenal as a club and I'd much rather you guys win the league than City/United, the first 20 mins against United were absolutely fantastic to watch. :congrats:

Sanchez is such a delightful player- I'm still bitter that he snubbed us!
He'll go missing for the next big games dw. Count on United to make dead players look good. :colonhash:
I see jam has moved from Liverpool to Arsenal
Original post by jam277
It's probably FK and Queen Cersei has done an amazing job, we can now wave our cocks around like windmills.

Not sure if srs (spoiler: it's Luke)

Original post by jam277

Welbeck is still due to come back and if he does improve his finishing, he will be almost like a new striker for you guys.

I see what you did here
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277

Anyway in all seriousness. Walcott up top seems to be doing a great job, if he has a good season do you think there is a need for a new striker?

We will definitely have room for another striker at the end of the season. Giroud will be 30 and on the decline, and Walcott/Welbeck are always injury risks.
Original post by Arkasia
We will definitely have room for another striker at the end of the season. Giroud will be 30 and on the decline, and Walcott/Welbeck are always injury risks.

Highly expect Welbeck to be put in the bin in the summer. An illustrious career at Sunderland or Bournemouth awaits...
We have city, Southampton and Bournemouth all in the space of 7 days in December. What the actual ****?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal should buy Nolito. I don't rate Ramsey on the wing and Theo has moved to the middle meaning there is a spot on the wing available and we could get him if he doesn't go to Barca.
If Walcott keeps getting the numbers up top till the end of the season I'd rather see us bring in a top quality RW who is a goal threat.
I bet all of Zagreb's team were on the sauce.
Only two of a team need to fail a drugs test, in order for the entire team to be thrown out. Apparently.
Original post by AR_95
We have city, Southampton and Bournemouth all in the space of 7 days in December. What the actual ****?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's christmas period mate.