The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anybody else heard anything this week?
Had this email this morning

Hello, thank you for your email. I am currently in the process of posting and hope to be in touch shortly to let you know whether you have been posted to a role. Thank you for your patience. Nadine
Reply 2022
Original post by Lauren457
Had this email this morning

Hello, thank you for your email. I am currently in the process of posting and hope to be in touch shortly to let you know whether you have been posted to a role. Thank you for your patience. Nadine

So, by the sound of that we will be contacted regardless of whether they have a position for us or not.
Original post by hollyr_
Did they say how many are on the reserve list? ?

No, I didn't ask. I think a lot, because basically if they haven't contacted officially and said u are on reserve, some people on reserve might already have other plans, or idk, they look through non rejected people again, and they might pick someone else, to get those 150 they want.

So I don't think there is a set number of reserves, since some of them might not accept the offer suggested and they will be offering it to someone else then.
Reply 2024
Hi Guys,

I am one of those that had been placed on the reserve list. I can relate to the frustration of having to wait to hear something back, it was driving me insane. I was offered a Business Admin post in the South East (currently living in Liverpool) earlier today. I previously said that I would be happy to relocate, but now I'm having second thoughts. I'm really grateful to have been posted to a job, but I just wish that it would have been closer to where I'm currently living.

Anyone else is in this situation?
Original post by OK_543
Hi Guys,

I am one of those that had been placed on the reserve list. I can relate to the frustration of having to wait to hear something back, it was driving me insane. I was offered a Business Admin post in the South East (currently living in Liverpool) earlier today. I previously said that I would be happy to relocate, but now I'm having second thoughts. I'm really grateful to have been posted to a job, but I just wish that it would have been closer to where I'm currently living.

Anyone else is in this situation?

If it's the business admin in Kent then I can relate exactly. I originally said to Nadine that I would be happy to accept and then had second thoughts, I called her and she organised a framework more suited to me and closer to home. I'm sure if you speak to her tomorrow (she only works mon-thurs) she'll help you out. Good luck!!
Reply 2026
Original post by Lizzieperlizzie
If it's the business admin in Kent then I can relate exactly. I originally said to Nadine that I would be happy to accept and then had second thoughts, I called her and she organised a framework more suited to me and closer to home. I'm sure if you speak to her tomorrow (she only works mon-thurs) she'll help you out. Good luck!!

Yea the post is in Kent. I kinda jumped the gun by agreeing, before giving it any real thought. I guess I was just anxious to get accepted somewhere rather than having nothing at all.

I was putting off contacting Nadine about it because I didn't want to seem ungrateful, and I can appreciate that she must be really busy atm. This gives me hope that I can maybe get something more suitable sorted.

Thanks for the reply Liz!
Reply 2027
Don't lose hope guys, i was on the reserve list and just got offered an Administration Officer role with the HMRC today. So keep your heads up if you're still waiting.
Original post by OK_543
Yea the post is in Kent. I kinda jumped the gun by agreeing, before giving it any real thought. I guess I was just anxious to get accepted somewhere rather than having nothing at all.

I was putting off contacting Nadine about it because I didn't want to seem ungrateful, and I can appreciate that she must be really busy atm. This gives me hope that I can maybe get something more suitable sorted.

Thanks for the reply Liz!

Nadine actually encouraged me to get in touch with her if I had any problems so don't worry about that
Original post by Jid12
Don't lose hope guys, i was on the reserve list and just got offered an Administration Officer role with the HMRC today. So keep your heads up if you're still waiting.

That's interesting so is that as a job rather than an apprenticeship?
Reply 2030
No holly it's still part of the apprenticeship, i actually gave up hope of hearing back but fortunately i did. Looking forward to a start date now, can someone please tell me what the health check entails?
Original post by Jid12
No holly it's still part of the apprenticeship, i actually gave up hope of hearing back but fortunately i did. Looking forward to a start date now, can someone please tell me what the health check entails?

As far as I know it's just a few questions
Still waiting to hear hopefully I will hear something soon
Original post by Jid12

Hi holly....health checks are just a few basic questions to give them an idea if your going to be taking time off. And how much time you have taken off due to health. I'm epileptic so when the health official rang me, i explained how often i have these episodes and all she wrote in my report was that I can't work alone in an office. They send you a copy of the report. It's all very simple and confidential.
Original post by sunshine7863
Hi holly....health checks are just a few basic questions to give them an idea if your going to be taking time off. And how much time you have taken off due to health. I'm epileptic so when the health official rang me, i explained how often i have these episodes and all she wrote in my report was that I can't work alone in an office. They send you a copy of the report. It's all very simple and confidential.

Ah right so will they want my attendance records from college or will they just talk to me about it
Original post by Lauren457
Still waiting to hear hopefully I will hear something soon

Me too... It's driving me mad.
Anyone got nadines email as I had received an email from someone called nebojsa in September and was told I would hear back by end of September regardless if I have been put into a role or not.
Original post by Meran29
Anyone got nadines email as I had received an email from someone called nebojsa in September and was told I would hear back by end of September regardless if I have been put into a role or not.

Yeah, I think he's the one who emailed all of us originally but I spoke to Nadine on [email protected] and through her phone on 0300 055 8508
Hi guys, been following this forum for a while but never posted. I was told in August I was placed on the reserve list and would hear by the end of September like a lot of you. Still haven't heard anything :frown: I've been offered another apprenticeship which I start on the 19th but I'm hoping to hear back before then!! I've emailed nadine and and a few others and had no reply. It's driving me crazy as I feel like I don't really want to start this job until I know I have or haven't got a fast track place! What do you think I should do?
Hi guys,
I have just sent of my pre-employment checks and waiting to hear back. Does anyone know roughly how long they take? And what do the references involve as I had to give a 3 year history which was different to what was asked for in the original application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending