The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cantgetvalidname
I do wear heels and skirt. I'm only just average height with high heels on though.

You'll be fine then.
Really? So there's hope for me then? :smile:

They're not together though, lol.
Reply 22
No I'm not happy and yes I do feel bad about being this height. So should I just kill myself then? Serious question, nothing I haven't considered before.

Joining the circus to killing yourself. Are you unwell?
Original post by A5ko
Joining the circus to killing yourself. Are you unwell?

I suppose so yeah, I'd rather not live then live with my current stature and the **** I have to go through because of it.

Original post by thecatwithnohat

Oh okay.

Original post by Josb
You'll be fine then.

Until we're in my flat and I'm not wearing any shoes and he sees how short I am.
Reply 24
I suppose so yeah, I'd rather not live then live with my current stature and the **** I have to go through because of it..

Your current statue? You're 4 '11 not dying of cancer. What crap do you have to put up with exactly..?

This is mind boggling.
I am 6 feet so dating someone 4 "11" would not be a problem for me.

As I am sure many guys have no problem with your size, as long as you're not the size of a miniature toy. Then you are fine.:tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thecatwithnohat

Jesus you're ruthless.
Original post by Still Sweet
:eek:

Gosh. That's kinda hawt, Sophz. I feel uncomfortable with a guy at 6' and I'm over 5' :O

Honestly the height difference doesn't even look or feel that difficult or weird. I have to tilt my head up to kiss him, but it's not much of strain. Barely affects us.
Original post by A5ko
What crap do you have to put up with exactly..?

Carrying a step ladder everywhere.
Think outside the box, kid.
Are you considered a midget if you're 18 years old and 4'11?

Average height apparently for a woman is 5 3. So to answer, you are by no means tall but you are not off the spectrum short. It isn't ideal but you aren't so short that you could come across as unattractive because of it so you are fine. Different guys will have different preferences and that is only natural but short girls can be cute :smile: Tell him and I am sure he won't care.
Jesus you're ruthless.

I didn't mean it in a bad way; she asked whether she has a chance but the fact that the people I'm thinking of aren't together (or at least I don't know if they are), I wouldn't know if she does stand a chance, because everyone's experiences are different.
Original post by A5ko
Your current statue? You're 4 '11 not dying of cancer. What crap do you have to put up with exactly..?

This is mind boggling.

Depending on her age and the prople around her. People can be very cruel. I was constantly bullied for my height in school.

Not arsed about it now though :tongue:
Reply 32
Carrying a step ladder everywhere.
Think outside the box, kid.

Don't they just have a carer to lift them to high cupboards..?
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol can he cradle you like a baby?

Haha kind of. But im not quite small enough :smile:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Do you have to do this? ^.^
[video="youtube;ywjfSVrCqnk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywjfSVrCqnk[/video]

On my phone >.<
So the thing is we met online and we've been speaking to each other for about 2.5 years now. He's recently told me he feels very strongly about me after I told him I'm going to the UK next year for interviews for uni . He wants to meet up and one of my friends (in real life) is actually his friend in real life as well (thats how we know each other) so I know he's not some weirdo or whatever. Anyways the problem is though he thinks I've got a normal height whereas I'm incredibly short. He's seen pictures of me obviously and despite his preference is obviously attracted to me but I don't know if that will be true once he sees me? I want to tell him but at the same time I don't want to - its been an insecurity of mine for so long. I got bullied really badly because of my height when I was in school. I don't know what to do. And some stupid part of me thinks until then maybe I can do those stretching exercises on the internet and grow a couple of inches so I'm at least 5'2 (I know stupid but yeah) :frown:.

His literal words, I was just quoting.

But I can't. I'm so tired of people thinking I'm a 11 year old child when I'm 18! I'm incredibly insecure about this.

Because I'm 4'11 and like someone who's 6'2 but I'm not sure how he'd feel about dating someone my height.

So you wouldn't mind?

Honestly. You need to stop dwelling on it. I'm even shorter than you and I don't let my height get to me and I certainly don't let it hold me back.

You're driving yourself crazy and talking about killing yourself over a couple of inches. Now really take a step back and think about how ridiculous that is.

I understand it's an insecurity of yours, and I know you were bullied in school. I was too. But you've got tunnel vision. And until you stop obsessing over your height you will never be happy.

Just meet up with him. If he is turned off by your height, then so what? It's just one guy out of millions. Don't obsess over him.
I suppose so yeah, I'd rather not live then live with my current stature and the **** I have to go through because of it.

Oh okay.

Until we're in my flat and I'm not wearing any shoes and he sees how short I am.

And btw no you're not a midget for a female, you're fine.

I was just messing, don't worry about your height, there are more important things in life for you to be concerned about then something so insignificant.
Reply 37
I know someone of that height and no she looks normal, she's also quite petite etc. Anyways don't feel insecure at all, the positive side is you can always wear kitten heels if you want a bit of a extra boost. Don't worry (Y) :smile:
Original post by Sparster
Average height apparently for a woman is 5 3. So to answer, you are by no means tall but you are not off the spectrum short. It isn't ideal but you aren't so short that you could come across as unattractive because of it so you are fine. Different guys will have different preferences and that is only natural but short girls can be cute :smile: Tell him and I am sure he won't care.

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I think I will tell him.

Original post by That's so mean:(
I am 6 feet so dating someone 4 "11" would not be a problem for me. As long as she's attractive.

As I am sure many guys have no problem with your size, as long as you're not the size of a miniature toy. Then you are fine.:tongue:

Thank you, hearing this has been helpful :smile:

Original post by SophieSmall
Just meet up with him. If he is turned off by your height, then so what? It's just one guy out of millions. Don't obsess over him.

Don't you think I should tell him before though and see if he still wants to meet up? I'm thinking i should and then see what he says.

And yes I know it sounds silly to be so obsessed with this but I suppose the bullying from school is still quite fresh in my head, I actually left school to be home-schooled because of it. But you're right, I just don't know how to stop being insecure about this? Did you not have similar issues yourself or were you always this confident?
Reply 39
without sounding like a perv :flute:....i prefer 4'11 girls.....easier to do some activities with

Latest