The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by Zerforax
Yea I've been a bit nervous thinking we'd mess it up somehow.

Klopp's biggest strength will be that the owners (who wanted him twice before), the players, the fans and the press all will be backing him to do well.

When there's an agenda from one of those parties, it's tough for any manager in such a high profile job.

Exactly, everybody has massive support for him; I've not met a single person who wasn't massively happy about the possibility of Klopp coming here.
Even other fans begrudgingly accept they're happy to see him in the Premier League even if they're a tad jealous that we've signed him up.

All in all, I'm sure he'll still set himself the personal target of making top 4 this season but I don't think many people would be bothered if we didn't. It's next year where the expectation should begin.
Reply 941
Original post by difoe
Exactly, everybody has massive support for him; I've not met a single person who wasn't massively happy about the possibility of Klopp coming here.
Even other fans begrudgingly accept they're happy to see him in the Premier League even if they're a tad jealous that we've signed him up.

All in all, I'm sure he'll still set himself the personal target of making top 4 this season but I don't think many people would be bothered if we didn't. It's next year where the expectation should begin.

All I want from any manager is signs of progress.

Any sensible fan knows it takes time. He'll need a year or two before he settles properly. He didn't build Dortmund in a day :colondollar:
Original post by mr tim
Press conference 10am tomorrow.

That'll be worth watching

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 943
All I want from any manager is signs of progress.

Any sensible fan knows it takes time. He'll need a year or two before he settles properly. He didn't build Dortmund in a day :colondollar:

I agree; being confident that we're moving forward is something that none of us really felt while Rodgers was in charge but I'm hoping we will now.

I'd say this season should still be expected to be a write off (maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised) but with a full pre season and transfer window in the summer I feel like we can be optimistic about next season :smile:
Reply 944
Original post by difoe
I agree; being confident that we're moving forward is something that none of us really felt while Rodgers was in charge but I'm hoping we will now.

I'd say this season should still be expected to be a write off (maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised) but with a full pre season and transfer window in the summer I feel like we can be optimistic about next season :smile:

You never know. While we probably won't suddenly become a great team overnight with just the manager changing (i.e. not finish top 4), the team should improve over the course of the season so we could win the Europa League/FA Cup since the tougher games are further away.
Reply 945
You never know. While we probably won't suddenly become a great team overnight with just the manager changing (i.e. not finish top 4), the team should improve over the course of the season so we could win the Europa League/FA Cup since the tougher games are further away.

True; i feel like perhaps it's healthy to be optimistic - we've been so defeated for so long that maybe being a little positive wouldn't be a bad thing, even if things won't get better instantly.

I do maintain that we're only a CB and CM away from having a top 4 first team so i feel like with the right signings and a good manager, it's definitely a possibility. However i will allude to the fact that more or less any top 8 team could say the same thing :tongue:
Reply 946
Original post by sr90
That'll be worth watching

Posted from TSR Mobile

True this season is only going to get better

Liverpool leave less of a foul taste in the mind now that klopps here. Kinda want him to succeed and flopp at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 947
Original post by difoe
reported

Reported for ban evasion

Umad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 948
Original post by difoe
True; i feel like perhaps it's healthy to be optimistic - we've been so defeated for so long that maybe being a little positive wouldn't be a bad thing, even if things won't get better instantly.

I do maintain that we're only a CB and CM away from having a top 4 first team so i feel like with the right signings and a good manager, it's definitely a possibility. However i will allude to the fact that more or less any top 8 team could say the same thing :tongue:

I think Klopp will be quite positive in the way he talks about it when he joins. He'll just say something like "I can't guarantee success today but as long as the players give 110% then we can go home with our heads held high"

I think we'll sign at least one top player in January..

Who's Klopp going to tap up :colondollar:

Original post by AR_95
**** sake I thought you were difeo

Leave from the ff and never come back

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I got really confused too :rofl:
Reply 949
Original post by AR_95
True this season is only going to get better

Liverpool leave less of a foul taste in the mind now that klopps here. Kinda want him to succeed and flopp at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think for a start it''ll make things more competitive.
Obviously our current squad can't compete with the likes of Arsenal or United's but i feel like we've had a real injection of support and positivity that could work in our favour. Maybe i'm being too optimistic, who knows? :tongue:

Original post by AR_95
Reported for ban evasion

Umad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really; if i want to talk about current footballing topics, i'll just make a new account and do so :smile:

I think Klopp will be quite positive in the way he talks about it when he joins. He'll just say something like "I can't guarantee success today but as long as the players give 110% then we can go home with our heads held high"

I think we'll sign at least one top player in January..

Who's Klopp going to tap up :colondollar:

I think everything about the situation will be very positive and that's something Liverpool haven't experienced for a long time.

"Top player" may be a stretch but you must feel that with Klopp at the helm, we might be able to reach a little further than we could before in terms of player quality.
Just looking through some Klopp quotes. The guy's mad, barmy, mental. I love it. He'll definitely ignite the fanbase. I can't wait for the press conference tomorrow.
Klopp has landed in John Lennon airport.

EDIT: In other news, Ings will miss tomorrow's England match due to injury
(edited 8 years ago)
LFC confirm departures of 4 backroom staff - Gary Mac to become ambassador
Reply 953
When asked about the cruel loss of Götze, the 45-year-old is initially philosophical. "It's absolutely normal that people go different ways. At 18 I wanted to see the whole world. But I am only in Mainz and Dortmund since then and [Klopp laughs] it's not the middle of the world. It's OK that they want to go to different places. But they get there and, ****, it's not the same. Look, you work for the Guardian, and sometimes you see your colleagues and think: 'Oh no, the same old thing every day.' Maybe you want to go to the Sun? More money, less work. More photographs, [fewer] words."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league

:rofl: Slagging off the Sun even back in 2013.
**** yeah!!!!!! Just got home from uni and I'm delighted with the news. Honestly, can't believe Klopp decided to manage us. I feel like I'm dreaming and I'll wake up to find Pulis as our manager instead. :lol:
Reply 955
Great news.

Yea I've been a bit nervous thinking we'd mess it up somehow.

Klopp's biggest strength will be that the owners (who wanted him twice before), the players, the fans and the press all will be backing him to do well.

When there's an agenda from one of those parties, it's tough for any manager in such a high profile job.

What about the backroom staff? Is he bringing in a lot of people?
Klopp: "I’ll be back to train a team. It must be somewhere in the world that is not an absolute top club" - 5th September 2015
Original post by Dirtybit
Klopp: "I’ll be back to train a team. It must be somewhere in the world that is not an absolute top club" - 5th September 2015

Hard to argue with that tbf, we haven't been in the CL/challenging for top spot regularly at all. Since the 05/06 season we've only won the league cup once. :colonhash:

Anyways, may the celebrations continue well into the night. :party:

Time to break out the lederhosen. :biggrin:

Gotta get a little bit of Moyseh going on.
Original post by The.Joker

Anyways, may the celebrations continue well into the night. :party:

Liverpool's best performance
Reply 959
Original post by llys
Great news.

What about the backroom staff? Is he bringing in a lot of people?

Sean O’Driscoll and Gary McAllister are losing their jobs as assistant manager and first team coach respectively. Gary McAllister has been moved from first-team coach to a new "ambassadorial position".

The head of performance, Glen Driscoll, and head of opposition analysis, Chris Davies, are also leaving the club.

The 48-year-old’s former assistant at Borussia Dortmund, Zeljko Buvac, and analyst Peter Krawietz are to join the German coach once his appointment as Rodgers’ successor is confirmed.

Not sure if anyone else is being appointed yet.

Latest