The Student Room Group

Frontline social work grad scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for the 2017/18 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey flibbett, how was your assessment centre? I have one coming up and excited but nervous as to what to expect! Have you heard back yet?
Reply 22
Original post by SunnySummer1
Hey flibbett, how was your assessment centre? I have one coming up and excited but nervous as to what to expect! Have you heard back yet?

It was pretty good I think, it's always hard to tell with these things just how well you've done. It is a really tiring day, but it's good fun as well and it's nice getting to meet everyone else who is applying and having a chat with them. It stops you being so nervous having everyone else there in the same boat I think.

Haven't heard back yet, they said it could take up to three weeks :/ fingers crossed!
Thanks flibbet! Best of luck - keep us updated :smile:
Hello, I'm through to the assessment centre on 30th October. So nervous don't really know what to expect. Have you got through to the assessment centre?
Hey when is your assessment centre SunnySummer1. I have one 30th October so nervous!
(edited 8 years ago)
Any tips for the video interviews?
Original post by SWWannabe
Any tips for the video interviews?

Just try to relax and be yourself and think about why you want to be a social worker I was nervous but it was over before you know it!
Original post by Chelouise
Hey when is your assessment centre SunnySummer1. I have one 30th October so nervous!

Hey Chelouise, I had my AC last week. Haven't heard anything yet - fingers crossed! Best of luck with yours on the 30th. :smile:
Original post by SunnySummer1
Hey Chelouise, I had my AC last week. Haven't heard anything yet - fingers crossed! Best of luck with yours on the 30th. :smile:

Aww good luck keep us posted when you hear :smile: is there any advice you would give? Anything to revise/research etc. When Iv read through the assessment centre guidance on the website there's not much you can really do it seems as you don't know the role play situation and stuff but any help would be much appreciated :smile: I'm sooooo nervous I have to travel all the way from Newcastle too :frown:
Thank you for taking time to post this, we are often our own harshest critic. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Could I ask if these questions are based on role play scenarios or more motivation and application based?
Completely understand and thanks again for the tip, I'll practise some more before tomorrow
93cm - when did you take your video interview? I took mine on Friday 9th October and am still waiting to hear back about the assessment centre. Getting nervous now!
Original post by 93cm
I did the video interview on Wednesday and heard back on Friday. They did say three weeks to me though so i'm sure they will reply to you soon, if not maybe try emailing :smile:

I think I was told 2 weeks - so hopefully should hear by this Friday. Thank you.
Reply 34
Hey guys, have heard back from my assessment centre now - I got through! :smile: Pending references etc will be starting work as a social worker next summer, very happy :biggrin:

Hopefully you all get the results you're looking for too & we'll be working together
Original post by flibbet
Hey guys, have heard back from my assessment centre now - I got through! :smile: Pending references etc will be starting work as a social worker next summer, very happy :biggrin:

Hopefully you all get the results you're looking for too & we'll be working together

Congratulations so pleased for you :smile: my assessment centre is Friday is there any advice you would give!

Congratulations again and hopefully I will be with you in the summer 🙏
Reply 36
There's probably not that much helpful I can say to be honest ;p Be prepared for a long day but it's good fun too. I found chatting to everyone else there was really nice and helped my nerves. Just be yourself really as they're looking for those personal qualities. Good luck!
Flibbet - Excellent news! So glad one of us is through.

Chelouise, SunnySummer and 93cm best of luck, I'm sure it will be good news.

Anyone else have an assessment on Monday 2nd November? I got a call from Harry saying there will be about 24 candidates per session.

Enjoy the sunny weekend all.
Oh no, just seen this. Shame not to have had the chance to meet.
Hope you're relaxing now after the grulling day.
I'm Pamela by the way - and of course wishing you all the luck.
has anyone else been told that they're on a reserves list to do the video interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending