The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BruceJender
Lol what? Are you bitter?

No :cry2:

I was holding out for Pardew. Or Monk.
WELCOME KLOPP!

Finally we have made a good appointment, Rodgers, Kenny, Roy.. Just didn't cut the mustard.
Original post by Zürich
Pardew.

You'd end up in Oceana or Tiger Tiger doing j-bombs.
Kind of feel like he'd have his LMA award there with him for unknown reasons. You could end up in some horrendous places with British managers. Someone like Big Sam, a quick detour on the way to the pub could end up with you unexpectedly handling stolen goods.
Original post by Zürich
Pardew.

You'd end up in Oceana or Tiger Tiger doing j-bombs.

Doing JürgenMeister you say?
Reply 984
Original post by So Instinct
Doing JürgenMeister you say?

Boooooo.
2/10 must try harder.

On a side note, bloody amazing day with Klopp and Ireland both bossing it :biggrin:
Original post by Manchester United
You can work that out.

United
United
United
United

Right?
I'm properly excited now that Klopp's appointment is official now even though we expected it. Looks a natural fit in terms of his tenure at Borussia Dortmund and that we're a very similar case to when he took over at Dortmund.
As for Rodgers, it was very much time for him to go. I think he embraced the ethos of Liverpool (both city and football club), gave academy players a chance and despite his Brendanisms ('character' and 'honesty of the group') he was a likeable person. The 13/14 season was a brilliant memory up until May, people say it was down to SAS (which is true to an extent) but he deserves credit for getting the best out of them. As a result of that season and the way we were set up (almost a 5-5 formation) he compromised his own original philosophy (tiki-taka), results last season and this season were poor and the amount of players incoming and outgoing meant he never knew what his best team was. Best wishes to him though, he'll get another job quite soon whether it be the England job after Hodgson, in La Liga or another Premier League club.
I think Klopp's charisma, tactical astuteness (which Rodgers lacked) and man-management qualities will see him become a success here, I'm glad FSG acted and got him before a better team/rival did.
Reply 987
Who will be the first player Klopp clips around the ears/smacks?
Original post by Zerforax
Who will be the first player Klopp clips around the ears/smacks?

Milner lol
Reply 989
Milner lol

Nah I feel like Milner is too old.

Bet its like Moreno :biggrin:
Nah I feel like Milner is too old.

Bet its like Moreno :biggrin:

Actually, I can see him doing to Coutinho too :lol:
Reply 991
Actually, I can see him doing to Coutinho too :lol:

Be interesting to see what happens with Coutinho.

Rodgers obviously tried very hard with Sterling but you didn't quite see the same with Coutinho? But then Sterling left and Coutinho seems to love the club.

Rodgers obviously tried very hard with Sterling but you didn't quite see the same with Coutinho? But then Sterling left and Coutinho seems to love the club.

Sterling knows he's good and was, and still is, arrogant about it.

On the other hand, Coutinho knows he's good, but has that level of maturity that will eventually bring him to the upper-tier of footballing.

I hope Klopp takes over from what Rodgers did with him. I expect he will.

If anyone is going to convince Coutinho to stay over the next year, it will be Klopp.
Wonder how many games Allen and Lovren are likely to get now.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Well they'll be getting a few games to show Klopp how "good" they are. As soon as he realises they're Championship quality, they'll be gone.

Is suspect that he likes Leiva, I remember hearing him say that he is "underrated", which he is.

Other than that, the players will really have to show their best in the next 2-3 weeks.
Reply 996
Not sure why everyone is so quick to rule out Lovren under Klopp. Lovren was a £20mil player for a reason, what's happened to him now is an extreme lack of confidence. If anything is going to fix that, it's a new manager.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cBay
Not sure why everyone is so quick to rule out Lovren under Klopp. Lovren was a £20mil player for a reason, what's happened to him now is an extreme lack of confidence. If anything is going to fix that, it's a new manager.

Sometimes confidence never comes back e.g torres

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 998
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Allen is still a tidy player and the aggressive press isn't that unsuited to his game. You can't ignore how weak our midfield is at the moment so Allen will get game time till next summer imo. No doubt Rodgers will buy him at his next job :colondollar:

Original post by cBay

I guess it's because Lovren has been a liability so far. Skrtel has managed to keep his spot under 4 different managers so probably not getting dropped straight away and Sakho looks better than Lovren too imo. Also Lovren seems to want to play LCB but is he going to displace Sakho?

The only reason he was getting a chance before was because he was a Rodgers' buy/had his faith. He won't get that luxury under Klopp.
Reply 999
Quite excited to see Klopp in the PL tbh. He seems like the perfect match for Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest