The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8180
Imagine in the near future, a PL with Klopp's, Mourinho's, Pep's and/or Anchelotti's teams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And Wenger.

Gap in ability would be embarrasing
Reply 8182
Original post by The Shed End
And Wenger.

Gap in ability would be embarrasing

Was looking ahead at a potential manager who would take over from Arsene

Arsene Wenger won't leave us with a Moyes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Difficult to say that. No-one thought that Moyes' would be as bad as he was - though he also proved how good Fergie was making that squad competitive.

Guardiola would be ideal for you, but the timeframes don't seem to match him for him to takeover anytime soon.
Wenger has already said he doesn't want any input in who is successor is and brought up the Fergie/Moyes situation.

Think we will be fine. The board isn't holding us back it's Wenger's stubbornness. Would love Ancelotti but won't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8185
Difficult to say that. No-one thought that Moyes' would be as bad as he was - though he also proved how good Fergie was making that squad competitive.

Guardiola would be ideal for you, but the timeframes don't seem to match him for him to takeover anytime soon.

Haven't Moyes & LVG got a very similar win rate at United? LVG's CV has kept him in his job, I reckon Moyes might have sussed united out of their poor start eventually.

Having said that, they needed a rebuilding job anyway..

Swear they do? Doesn't Pep plan to leave in 2017 too?

If Pep came to us, the Arsenal - Chelsea rivalry would be taken to another level tbh. Where Arsene tries not to give a **** about Mou, can see Pep & Mou getting in to a right battle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Haven't Moyes & LVG got a very similar win rate at United? LVG's CV has kept him in his job, I reckon Moyes might have sussed united out of their poor start eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No finishing top 4 rather than 7th is what did that
Pep is coming to United anyway.
Original post by difeo
No finishing top 4 rather than 7th is what did that

Van Gaal has spent £230 million in 2 years & gets beat by Arsenal,
who spent f-all in the transfer window, in about 20 min. Doesn't that phase united fans?
Original post by Alweedi
Van Gaal has spent £230 million in 2 years & gets beat by Arsenal,
who spent f-all in the transfer window, in about 20 min. Doesn't that phase united fans?

yes one game is all that matters and let's ignore what Arsenal have spent before the most recent window
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dirtybit
Pep is coming to United anyway.

No chance Pep would come to any club in England tbh. The only thing crapper than the weather are the champions league prospects.
Original post by difeo
yes one game is all that matters and let's ignore what Arsenal have spent before this window

All I'm saying is united should have a much more solid team by now. They shouldn't be playing Young as fullback.

But your right, Arsenal should be doing much better also.
Original post by Alweedi
No chance Pep would come to any club in England tbh. The only thing crapper than the weather are the champions league prospects.

ok m8
Original post by Alweedi
All I'm saying is united should have a much more solid team by now. They shouldn't be playing Young as fullback.

But your right, Arsenal should be doing much better also.

Only because of Shaw's injury, Young's fine as a backup full back it's just unfortunate he'll be playing there all season, Rojo/Valencia can come in too though. Chelsea have Ivanovic as 3rd best FB who's worse, Arsenal have Gibbs as backup who's just as bad etc.

LVG's had to rebuild hugely and has done quite well with it really. You can't bring in 10 players every summer though so there is still some gaps, he's only had a year.
Pep will go where there is money ready to be spent, also not so sure that he'd be ready to go where he'd have to fight to win the title, though he may be a bit bored of winning at a canter in 18 months time. PSG could be a possibility.
Pep will go where there is money ready to be spent, also not so sure that he'd be ready to go where he'd have to fight to win the title, though he may be a bit bored of winning at a canter in 18 months time. PSG could be a possibility.
Not sure if srs.

I think his destination will probably be one of the Manchester clubs, although I've got a fear it will be City. He'll got where its tilled in his favour but PSG is pretty much a sure thing as a manager. Not interesting outcome there other than failing, CL aside. You win the league, so what? Anyone would.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah that does contradict my point looking back, meant that if he still wanted to be in a charge of a team only really facing a serious challenge on the European front then PSG would be his best option, maybe Juve, but the Italian league is looking more competitive even despite Juve's poor start to the season.
Lol Gibbs>>>>>>>>Young

I'd be more worried about Darmian tbh, think Sanchez may well have ended his career. Valencia as back up is even worse than current Debuchy as well....
Lol Gibbs is poverty
Original post by difeo
Lol Gibbs is poverty

Better than a rw'er who can't keep track of his own shadow...
Gibbs has got a really unfair rep for little reason, reminds me of the rep Monreal got a season ago. Gibbs is too 3 back up lb in the league comfortably

Latest